Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
JS19
College Prospect

Looking for a new laptop

Well, I think it's a bout time to upgrade. I'm in the market for a laptop, so I thought I would see if anyone here knows of any good deals and such. I know pretty much next to nothing when it comes to computers. The extent of my computer use is doing some web browsing, using AIM on occasion, using Itunes, and playing FOF and OOTP every now and then. Obviously, I'm not looking for some over the top, cutting edge laptop, just something to satisfy my needs. My thought process going in to this was look for the cheapest laptop I can find, but since I don't know anything about this stuff, I didn't wanna go out and buy some piece of shit that wont work. So, I am looking for something cheap, but of pretty good quality. Any help is much appreciated.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Check SlickDeals.net and Techbargains.com every few hours. They always have good laptop deals popping up for between $400-500 as long as you aren't terribly picky about the specs, which it sounds like you are not.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
JS19
College Prospect

I will def. check that out, but that's also part of my problem, I have no idea whats specs I'm looking for. I know what I want it to do, but no clue what specs coincide with what I'm looking for.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I got mine from ibuypower.com and I love it.

I use it daily and it is built specifically for gaming as well.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I will def. check that out, but that's also part of my problem, I have no idea whats specs I'm looking for. I know what I want it to do, but no clue what specs coincide with what I'm looking for.

Most of those advertised laptops on those sites should more than do what you mention in your original post. My only suggestion would be to add RAM to the computer after you buy it. You can never have enough memory, expecially with text sims.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote