Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Now this was a surprise!

One of my two best friends that I've known for 20+ years called last night and said he was stopping buy with a surprise. I was a little puzzled. I'd sold some things for him on ebay so he could get a PS3 (he already had a Xbox 360) but nothing I would consider surprise worthy. I figured it was something from the Colts open house from last weekend.

So he gets to my house and gives me a Xbox 360 Arcade System and Madden 09 He gets defensive when I try not to accept and basically says he realized he didn't need the PS3 and this just felt like the right thing to do. I'm still a little stunned by it all. It was a helluva gesture on his part. He's always been a great friend, but usually conservative with his money. I couldn't believe it.

So after gorging myself on Madden last night, I'm loving the Xbox. Going to spend next weekend when I'm free figuring out how to do online stuff to get rosters, patches, etc.

Just wanted to share the story, was a great surprise.

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 08-21-2008 at 04:00 PM.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
path12
Coordinator

Can I be his friend too?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I have wanted a Wii for a long time now.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats man. It's a great system and here's to hoping it works for you for many years
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

Did he boink your girlfriend without you knowing?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Honestly... you should atleast give him a handjob.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
One of my two best friends that I've known for 20+ years called last night and said he was stopping buy with a surprise. I was a little puzzled. I'd sold some things for him on ebay so he could get a PS3 (he already had a Xbox 360) but nothing I would consider surprise worthy. I figured it was something from the Colts open house from last weekend.

So he gets to my house and gives me a Xbox 360 Arcade System and Madden 09 He gets defensive when I try not to accept and basically says he realized he didn't need the PS3 and this just felt like the right thing to do. I'm still a little stunned by it all. It was a helluva gesture on his part. He's always been a great friend, but usually conservative with his money. I couldn't believe it.

So after gorging myself on Madden last night, I'm loving the Xbox. Going to spend next weekend when I'm free figuring out how to do online stuff to get rosters, patches, etc.

Just wanted to share the story, was a great surprise.

If he didn't need the PS3, why didn't get give you the PS3? Or do you mean he realized he didn't need two gaming consoles, picked the PS3 as newer and better (from his perspective), and decided to give the excess console to you?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

My analysis is he realized he didn't need the ebay money to buy the PS3, so he used it to buy a new system for CC.

Last edited by Logan : 08-21-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If he didn't need the PS3, why didn't get give you the PS3? Or do you mean he realized he didn't need two gaming consoles, picked the PS3 as newer and better (from his perspective), and decided to give the excess console to you?

He gave him a XBOX 360 so they can play on Live...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
My analysis is he realized he didn't need the ebay money to buy the PS3, so he used it to buy a new system for CC.

Exactly. He skipped the PS3 and bought me the Xbox 360. Madden is blowing me away right now.

I did find the "catch" though. He called the other day asking if I could figure out how to download updated rosters. Naturally, I'll hand deliver the damn rosters to him for this!

On a funny side note, my Wii has ruined my son for all future game consoles. I was going through the games on the demo disk and he saw the penguins for the Surf's Up game. Could never get him to hit the buttons to play it, he just keep shaking the thing up and down to try to do the tricks.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
SackAttack
Head Coach

CC, unless you're telling me that your son isn't smart enough to intuit down the road that other game consoles don't work like that, I hardly think he's been ruined for ALL future game consoles.

Just the ones in his foreseeable littleboyhood.

Last edited by SackAttack : 08-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Good for you!

Enjoy it, I have for quite some time now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
CC, unless you're telling me that your son isn't smart enough to intuit down the road that other game consoles don't work like that, I hardly think he's been ruined for ALL future game consoles.

Just the ones in his foreseeable littleboyhood.

LOL..good point. Yeah, at least in his little world right now, Wii is king. I can't even imagine what gaming will be like when he gets to be my age.