Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Misdirected emails you just have to keep

Here is one that came through the inbox tonight.

Hey Ben ,

I wanted to let you guys know that the day I was arrested I was @ Oschners ER until 7pm that day , I missed 5 days of work because they thought I had Meningitis ? , I also have the receipt for my 9mm pistol that I was permitted to carry concealed for the last 11yrs . I Googled my name and made the 1st page . I want to make this all dissapear . There are sooo many holes in this case . Can I see the police report ? I could get it myself , but I figured you guys were already on top of this . Let me know .

Please repond or call me @ xxx-2016 .... I can come in on Sat if need be .

Thanks for all you guys and gals do ,

Harry Engelbert
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 08-05-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: name change to protect the innocent - me
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Looks like the gun wasn't the only thing Gary had on him.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #3
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Good, somebody less lazy than me

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Senator

And now he accidentally emails to me. This guy can't catch a break.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 08-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

The person who wrote that was capable of getting a job?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #6
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Here is one that came through the inbox tonight.

Hey Ben ,

I wanted to let you guys know that the day I was arrested I was @ Oschners ER until 7pm that day , I missed 5 days of work because they thought I had Meningitis ? , I also have the receipt for my 9mm pistol that I was permitted to carry concealed for the last 11yrs . I Googled my name and made the 1st page . I want to make this all dissapear . There are sooo many holes in this case . Can I see the police report ? I could get it myself , but I figured you guys were already on top of this . Let me know .

Please repond or call me @ xxx-2016 .... I can come in on Sat if need be .

Thanks for all you guys and gals do ,

*altered name here*

Geez Sen,

Sorry I mispelt your name in my e-mail, but did you have to go and share it with everyone.

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-05-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: altered name, who knows
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Years ago, I was mistakingly sent an email from the department head in regards to the latest PCO/PCMC (prospective commanding officer/prospective command master chief) briefings.

Here are my favorite portions, all of which had to do with the schoolhouse I worked in/for.

¨ - TSC brief at Combat Systems was not prepared and details provided too in depth for what we expected.

- I believe the Navy is making a big mistake relying on computer-based training. There is alot said about having a classroom environment that allows for open questions and answers. I personally have learned much from other people’s questions. The process at TSC does not allow this with sailors on headsets talking to the facilitators.

¨ I am very concerned about the move to computer-based training absent of instructors. I was left with the sense that instructors or facilitators might view interaction with students as a pain and discourage students from seeking human assistance. Everyone may not excel at computer-only interaction.

¨ ATT: - Briefing unprepared, unprofessional.
- Physical layout not conducive to learning, numerous electrical safety violations in the ET
Training Area.
- Military bearing already on the decline.
Didn’t get an overall view of the Sailorization process in the A school / ATT / TSC organization. Hard to comment on the NMT role in maintaining standards – never saw what students do.

¨ It’s broken. No reason that the motivation instilled at RTC can’t continue.

- Female Master Chief lost composure when questioned – canned brief will help.

¨ - The TSC (ATT) brief was rather informal and not planned (or so it seemed). A short brief of a few slides that showed a sailor’s daily sked & track would’ve been good.

- Eye opening to seen how, with some “A” Schools, sailors go from having a very regulated schedule, as in RTC, to a very self-paced environment. The sailors clearly seem to lose some motivation & military bearing while in “A” School (for some of the “A” Schools)

and my all time fav:

- In the electronics classroom, I observed numerous electrical safety hazards (surge protectors 6 inches off the deck, being held up by the cords plugged into it, cords tied / frayed). This is the school teaching electrical / electronic personnel for our Navy. SAFETY FIRST...SANITIZE THE CLASSROOM. SET THE STANDARD.

I giggled, realized the mistake, sent it on to the person it was intended for. I was told to delete it almost immediately afterward, which of course I did not.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #8
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Over the last 3+ years or so, I've gotten multiple emails at work, from other employees, that uh...I don't remember being involved in. Normally I'd just respond 'received in error' and delete.

So in March, I get another, from a regional president...apparently there are two of me out there...and this one I had a little fun with.

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:55 PM
To: _______ Brian
Cc: XXXXXXXX; XXXXXXXX

Subject:

Brian – I can’t believe it’s almost been a week – but I’m finally writing to say how much I enjoyed meeting you with todd in Newport bch last week! I enjoyed that dinner so much – with all of you -- and loved coming back to the hotel and cutting up --- I am still laughing at the “mention” your partner gave you on his CD – I was telling mine about that -- you were a whole lot of fun that night – of course anybody we have met through todd in the past four years has been somebody we’ve been crazy about too – todd only knows the sweetest and most fun people in the world --- I look forward to seeing you again --- and to introducing my bill to you --- we would like very much to entertain you in Atlanta sometime!!!! And todd knows I mean it when I say it --- good luck with all your endeavors – and thanks again for giving me such a great Thursday night in CA

Please make note of my new email address
- Thank you

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX | Regional President
COMPANY NAME HERE| Wealth Management
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Atlanta, GA 30327
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX Voice Mail: XXX-XXX-XXX
E-mail XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CONFIDENTIAL

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:11 PM
To: XXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Cc: XXXXX XXXXXX; XXX XXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE:

I think this came to the wrong Brian….I wasn’t even invited! Haha

Thanks

Brian XXXXX
Lead Performance Analyst
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Performance and Risk Services
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX
Pittsburgh, PA 15258

Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Fax: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Quote:
Well, next time you certainly will be!! Now let me see if I can get this to the “other” (probably less interesting) Brian XXXXX in los angeles

Please make note of my new email address
- Thank you

XXXX XXXXXXXX | Regional President
COMPANY NAME HERE| Wealth Management
3290 Northside Parkway
XXXXXXXXX XXXXX
Atlanta, GA 30327
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX Voice Mail: XXX-XXX-XXXX
E-mail XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 08-05-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So wait, there's a crackhead with a gun who likes to Google his own name and you think its a good idea to post his private e-mails on the internet?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
So wait, there's a crackhead with a gun who likes to Google his own name and you think its a good idea to post his private e-mails on the internet?

+1
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I had this slightly amusing text thread.

Them: James

Them: When was the last time u were tested

Me: You have the wrong number

Them: I'm so sorry.

There is also this couple who's been mailing me pictures of their kid for the last couple years, so I have a visual time line of some stranger's kid from birth and on.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #12
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
There is also this couple who's been mailing me pictures of their kid for the last couple years, so I have a visual time line of some stranger's kid from birth and on.
Write back to them with a note that says "Yeah, I've got some pictures of your kid too."

</Demetri Martin>

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 08-05-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

+2

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Years ago, I was mistakingly sent an email from the department head in regards to the latest PCO/PCMC (prospective commanding officer/prospective command master chief) briefings.

Here are my favorite portions, all of which had to do with the schoolhouse I worked in/for.

¨ - TSC brief at Combat Systems was not prepared and details provided too in depth for what we expected.

- I believe the Navy is making a big mistake relying on computer-based training. There is alot said about having a classroom environment that allows for open questions and answers. I personally have learned much from other people’s questions. The process at TSC does not allow this with sailors on headsets talking to the facilitators.

¨ I am very concerned about the move to computer-based training absent of instructors. I was left with the sense that instructors or facilitators might view interaction with students as a pain and discourage students from seeking human assistance. Everyone may not excel at computer-only interaction.

¨ ATT: - Briefing unprepared, unprofessional.
- Physical layout not conducive to learning, numerous electrical safety violations in the ET
Training Area.
- Military bearing already on the decline.
Didn’t get an overall view of the Sailorization process in the A school / ATT / TSC organization. Hard to comment on the NMT role in maintaining standards – never saw what students do.

¨ It’s broken. No reason that the motivation instilled at RTC can’t continue.

- Female Master Chief lost composure when questioned – canned brief will help.

¨ - The TSC (ATT) brief was rather informal and not planned (or so it seemed). A short brief of a few slides that showed a sailor’s daily sked & track would’ve been good.

- Eye opening to seen how, with some “A” Schools, sailors go from having a very regulated schedule, as in RTC, to a very self-paced environment. The sailors clearly seem to lose some motivation & military bearing while in “A” School (for some of the “A” Schools)

and my all time fav:

- In the electronics classroom, I observed numerous electrical safety hazards (surge protectors 6 inches off the deck, being held up by the cords plugged into it, cords tied / frayed). This is the school teaching electrical / electronic personnel for our Navy. SAFETY FIRST...SANITIZE THE CLASSROOM. SET THE STANDARD.

I giggled, realized the mistake, sent it on to the person it was intended for. I was told to delete it almost immediately afterward, which of course I did not.

Sailorization.

That is my new word of the day. Okay, of the century.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote