Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

Awkward 2008

This is getting posted to clear up all the confusion in the Romance in Marriage thread. I'm not usually one for dramabombs, but at this point NOT posting I'm afraid looks like I'm playing some game here with the people on the forum, which I'm not. This is going to be way too long.

It looks like the thread discussing the fact that Oliegirl and I had gotten divorced is deleted, and even if it wasn't, many people wouldn't have read it because it was a "ping: Atlanta people - anyone want a dog" thread that offhand mentioned "oh btw Radii and I are getting divorced which is why I'm moving and might not be able to keep the dog" ... it was extremely surreal but I guess most everyone got the message back then and after that point I assumed Oliegirl would be leaving the board anyway so no other grand attention-drawing post was made. So if anyone didn't know we were divorced... wow, uh, really? Doh! We got divorced in January 2007, separated in the middle of 2006. It was amicable, though I still was fairly stunned she didn't leave the board because yeah, you split up your shit when you get divorced, including your virtual communities in this great internet age.

It stopped being amicable after about 3 months when I turned into super-dumbass-gullible Richard. We were chatting a few times a week over IM and she asked to borrow some money, I'd be paid back within 3 days when her parents returned from a vacation and would help her out. I know that there's problems, I know I might not see the money ever again, but if she can't eat, then the kiddo can't eat either... hard to say no to that. The problem was that ended up being some sort of "take the money and run" situation. After chatting 2-3 times a week over IM and an occasional phone call if someone needed something, she all of a sudden disappeared, stopped answering phone/IM/e-mail. So now I know what's up and hopefully won't be too dumb anymore. But it sure as shit is no longer amicable.

Fast forward to July 2007, when I found out about the first account opened in my name. It was a Dell account, used to purchase a computer. That computer was sent to Oliegirl's address. She told a number of lies about it at first, but eventually owned up to doing that. There was also The iPhone, at a time when my credit was being stolen and Oliegirl can barely pay her bills, she gets a new iphone? So thanks to her not leaving the board, I eventually put the pieces together on that and call up AT&T, and yup, there's a phone account in my name, my SSN, her address, the same phone number that she had given me in case I needed to get in touch with her(ie duh its DEFINITELY her), and an iPhone data plan. There were also a couple credit cards. SOMEHOW, I was expected to believe that, yes, Oliegirl decided to buy a computer and get an iPhone plan in my name, sent to her address, but that the credit cards someone else did(an ex-boyfriend). luckily for me(as far as building proof, like any more should have been needed), she is a terrible liar and told me it was a long distance relationship and the guy didn't ever live in Atlanta. One of the credit card companies sent me all the credit statements, and they were used primarily to buy gas, chinese takeout, etc, at stores right around the corner from her parents house, not a place someone in a long distance relationship is going to be making charges every week. Every new account that has been found has been blamed on said ex. However the pattern on all of them is exactly the same. My name, my SSN, one of a couple of her home addresses that i never lived at. More details on that saga are in the Identity Theft Hits close to Home thread. Why not call her out by name right away? B/c she'll just lie. Turn the whole thing into a giant he said-she said and I know she has friends here too. I don't want that shit. I expect it now too but its a lot more out in the open now.

As I start talking to police, creditors, all that jazz, she is STILL POSTING HERE and I am just fucking baffled. At multiple points in this whole saga e-mails have been sent saying that the only thing I care about as a resolution here is that I never have to see her or hear about her or from her again. There are only two times I get reminded of this bullshit now... one is when yet another new account from the ID Theft turns up and I get to go through all the old forms I've filled out and add a new one, a new round of trying to protect my credit. The other is every fucking day when she posts on FOFC. So yes, I would absolutely love it if Oliegirl never posted here again. Does it ruin my day/week/month/life? No, of course not. But its a constant annoyance, sure.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

Wow! I'm so sorry Radii. I don't know what to say!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
MIJB#19
Coordinator

in before the lock?

Edit: not taking a position on the story (which is wow-ing), but I've got a feeling this won't end well...

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 08-02-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
spleen1015
Coordinator

Well......

Sorry for your luck, homie. Now we know who oliegirl really is?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
digamma
Torchbearer

Radii,

I'm so glad you've weathered this storm and stuck around the community. You've always added so much, whether it is FOF, FBCB, poker, college hoops (even if you are a Tar Hole) or whatever else. I know it took guts to post this. Hopefully, the skies in front of you are Carolina blue.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

Um, wow.

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Radii,

I'm so glad you've weathered this storm and stuck around the community. You've always added so much, whether it is FOF, FBCB, poker, college hoops (even if you are a Tar Hole) or whatever else. I know it took guts to post this. Hopefully, the skies in front of you are Carolina blue.
Yes, hell yes. Agreed to all of that.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ummm wow.

Wtf!

wow wow wow
Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
MJ4H
Coordinator

awkward
Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I echo the s

And here I was thinking of making a smart-ass comment in the Identity Theft thread not knowing this. Glad I didn't.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Considering how long you've went without saying anything specific while having her here, I think you've given it a fair chance to be amicable. Hope everything works out for the best.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Ain't that some shit?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #13
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Holy Shit!

Hang in there Radii.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
Butter
Coordinator

Sorry to hear all that Radii.

So, uhhhhh.... how's that poker coming?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, man. I can't believe he held that stuff in for so long. Her very first post after this went down, I would have flown off the handle with a creative list of very colorful names for her.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Radii,

Exactly.

Radii, sorry if I brought this to a head if you didn't really want it to. But now that it's out, I hope you feel just a *little* less burdened, and I hope it can help to finally put this completely behind you.

Also, I'm sure there are a few who are going to be very happy to take the gloves off (me...I happen to do passive-aggressive better).
Old 08-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Flasch186
Coordinator

no need for acronyms. Hope it ends up ok for you.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
st.cronin
General Manager

hieuofu as well

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Sorry about that Radii - I'm glad you seem to have a good handle on things. Best of luck, brother.

Ping: Oliegirl - GTFO
Old 08-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #20
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn. Sorry Radii. Hope this shit stops.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had no idea this was happening until last night. Best of luck to you, Radii, and I hope getting this all off your chest was helpful.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #22
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Every new account that has been found has been blamed on said ex. However the pattern on all of them is exactly the same. My name, my SSN, one of a couple of her home addresses that i never lived at. More details on that saga are in the Identity Theft Hits close to Home thread. Why not call her out by name right away? B/c she'll just lie. Turn the whole thing into a giant he said-she said and I know she has friends here too. I don't want that shit. I expect it now too but its a lot more out in the open now.

Just read through that thread again. She did all of that!? Holy crap.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
st.cronin
General Manager

I just reread that thread, and feel stupid for not picking up on the hints and subtext.

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
Swaggs
Coordinator

I suspected things were bad, but would not have imagined that all of that took place and how long you bit your tongue.

You are a bigger man than me for dealing with this as well as you have.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am giggling at a PM that I got from olliegirl. Basically, she said that she wanted to keep everything private between her and Radii. I would say the shit is not happening.

Also, I believe that olliegirl's current husband is also registered on the board and has played a game of werewolf.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #26
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Also, I believe that olliegirl's current husband is also registered on the board and has played a game of werewolf.

At least one, I think it might be 2...

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Bitches be crazy man.....bitches be crazy man.

That being said your a pretty strong do to hold it back for this long.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #28
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

Really?

<--- I am ready.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #29
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Olliegirl does have some big hairy balls to still post here after doing all that shit. I would be happy that I was not in prison.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 08-02-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #30
Logan
Head Coach

Damn man...echoing everyone else with the props for how you've handled this. All the best.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #31
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Also, olliegirl mentioned in a PM that Radii and her discussed her still posting here when they split up and that he was ok with it.

But yeah, we have already established that is she is lying.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #32
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

women can not be trusted
Old 08-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #33
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

And I tried to make some of my post make cents for her.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #34
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oy vey!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #35
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Olliegirl does have some big hairy balls to still post here after doing all that shit. I would be happy that I was not in prison.

Let's see how big those hairy balls are now.

Okay, admit it. Who has already sent her a scathing PM?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #36
Tasan
College Starter

Wow, you are a million times bigger than me. I think every post/thread/whatever she put up, I'd have a counter post/thread/whatever trying to get her off of here, especially after the whole identity theft stuff.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #37
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Should we start a FOFC poll to see how long till she posts?

Sorry Radii that you had to go through this...some people's actions never cease to amaze me.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #38
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

should we have a poll like the red sox apparently did with manny?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is very troubling to me. I have been around Radii in this community for some years now and have a high opinion of him. I have no reason to doubt what he says. So I would be inclined to accept everything above as true (or as true as one side gets).

On the other hand, oliegirl has become a key part of the WW community here, which is a key part of my community on the board. She has helped me with a draft and a WW game recently, and she was a tremendous help and great throughout.

So trying to pair my experience with her and my experience with Radii, and what he has said here is making it difficult for me to resolve how things are or how I should react. This should matter little to either of them, of course, but it matters a lot to me, and I'll have to think about it and continue reading this thread.

I have not sent a scathing PM to oliegirl myself. Wouldn't be surprised to see others have, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

You handled this extremely well, just as good if not better than anybody could have. Best of luck to you with all of this.

As for the person who did this, someone who would do such a terrible thing deserves all of the ridicule received and to be in jail.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #41
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Wow. I can't believe you kept that to yourself for so long.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #42
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've always been fond of you radii. In a non gay way of course.

I bit my tongue a lot out of respect for you. I figured you were cool with her being here. Because shit with her didn't add up at all. Too many things didn't seem on the up and up

I began to get the veiled references on your last round of posts in that thread.

I'm sorry you've suffered. So much over a girl you cared about. Especially with the kid involved.

She obviously has no decency and should be incarcerated.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #43
JeeberD
General Manager

When I read the Identity Theft thread, I wondered if she was involved. I wasn't about to come out and ask, though. I've always liked olie well enough, so this is very disappointing to find out...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 08-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Radii's awesome, and I hope getting this off your chest helps you out, dude.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 08-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #45
MrBug708
Head Coach

Does this mean Oliegirl isn't coming around here anymore?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #46
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Wow.

For starters, again - what happened between Radii and myself was private. Like everyone here, I have a past and things in that past that I am not proud of. That being said, I did not do all of the things that he accused me of. I have given him the information that I have, offered (and did) send a letter with that information (the other parties name, address, etc) to one of the companies involved. Both my parents and I filed police reports against this other person and my parents filed charges because of the extent of their report (dollar wise). I know radii believes I am lying, and I am the first one to admit that it looks bad - this person did a very good job of covering things. Mail was forwarded to a PO box that I didn't know about, he was in town on a very regular basis (weekly) so even though we did not live together, he was around a lot, and there were many times that he had access to my apartment when I was not there.

Radii and I had, of course, spoken about this in private, and of course I wished it had stayed there. I understand your anger. We did speak about me posting here in the past, and at no point had he told me he did not want me to, or even insinuate it. I also told him before I ever mentioned it here that I was getting remarried, and he had nothing but congratulations and best wishes for me.

If I'm asked to not post here at all, or only post in WW, that is fine. However, like I said - there are 2 sides to every story, and in this case there are 3, because of the other person involved. This is something that should have remained private, but it didn't, and that can't be undone.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #47
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

olliegirl is currently viewing the WW forum.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #48
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
olliegirl is currently viewing the WW forum.

she's also posting in this thread
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 08-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #49
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
If I'm asked to not post here at all, or only post in WW, that is fine. However, like I said - there are 2 sides to every story, and in this case there are 3, because of the other person involved. This is something that should have remained private, but it didn't, and that can't be undone.

So you freely admit to stealing radii's identity to get a computer and an iphone but deny it when some credit cards opened up in his name. Even if you are telling the truth, where did the ex-boyfreind get the information from? Uh, you. You are the worse kind of worse in my opinion. I am also not just talking about your werewolf play, which is pretty bad.

Radii, you are a man. There is no way I could have put up with this shit.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #50
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hornsmaniac with a vagina
Closed Thread