Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #1
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Pity Blind Date

I didn't know they existed until 6 hours ago.

My sister-in-law last week asked if I would go out with this girl. She told me she hadn't dated in a while(that should have been a big hint). When I first saw her I was in shock. It wasn't the weight or looks, but the age. I look really young and she didn't. I felt like I was out with my mother's friend.

When I got home my sister-in-law called and told me she had been contacted by the blind date and wanted to know what I thought. I told her she is not my type. Then she said your not mad are you, I really thought it would help this girl if she went out with someone nice. I fell so used.

Now my sis-in-law tells me she has another one lined up for me to make up for that one. I was wondering on the date what I did to piss my sis-in-law and brother off. I'm thinking after my first blind date I shouldn't try another but this one is a former soccer player and younger, and they owe me.

Has anyone ever heard of a pity blind date? I know taking one for the team and stuff like that, but I feel like I got punked.

She wanted to prove to her that there were guys out there that didn't want to get in her pants on the first date. I hate putting this on here but it doesn't make any sense without it.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Are there guys who don't want to get in her pants on the first date?
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #3
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
Are there guys who don't want to get in her pants on the first date?

Want to? No. But not all will try.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #4
saldana
Pro Starter

if she was old and busted, who would want to get in her pants?

btw, this thread is usless without pix. plskthx
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Critch
lolzcat

When you get set up on a blind date you see what kind of loser your friends think is in your league.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
When you get set up on a blind date you see what kind of loser your friends think is in your league.

To an extent I think that is true but at the same time friends usually think that their friends are better looking than they actually are. They know that persons personality and they want the best for them so that will add to their attractiveness in their mind, where our first instincts are not about his/her personality, it is for the physical appearance. I think we just had a long thread about that recently.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

maybe they think you like ugly people?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Or older women.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Guess you shouldn't have made those comments about GILFs.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
hhiipp
College Prospect

So, now you're going to go out with her smoking hot soccer player friend, and she'll have to call her afterward and apologize and set her up on another blind date to make up for her going out with you.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp View Post
So, now you're going to go out with her smoking hot soccer player friend, and she'll have to call her afterward and apologize and set her up on another blind date to make up for her going out with you.

She's writing checks her matchmaking ability can't cash.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
Rich1033
High School Varsity

So you went out on a pity date and now this soccer girl is going out on a pity date. Ok.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe in a threesome things can average out to be about right.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
if she was old and busted, who would want to get in her pants?

It was such a disaster I don't ever want to see an image of her again. She kept asking if I wanted to know anything, and all I could think was when is this going to be over. I didn't want to upset her. My sister asked me if I made her laugh and told her I tried very hard not to.

Then after sitting home an hour in shock my sister called and told me thanks for going out with her and asked if I was mad. My brother really didn't say anything before the date but said in the background when she started talking about her friend that she was hotter and younger. Then he got yelled at by his wife.

The girl I went out with was a friend of a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

This was a relative doing something for her friend by getting a date for her friend's friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
So you went out on a pity date and now this soccer girl is going out on a pity date. Ok.

I wasn't sure anybody had this happen to them, but if I put that in there they would at least post something in here and get some conversation going and then maybe somebody would say this happen to them to. Also she was a bridesmaid in their wedding, so I've seen her but I have no idea what one she is because I was checking out another girl. All the bridesmaid's were much much more younger.

I never been on a blind date before, no need to. But when someone close to me ask me for something, its hard for me to say no. I definitely wouldn't have gone out with her if this wasn't a relative asking me to do it. I thought something was up and really really didn't want to meet her, but I felt I had to go through with it.

So no one has been setup like this? My mouth has never been so dry, I was so nervous, I didn't want to say anything wrong or right.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 08-01-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

They did put you in a pretty awkward position.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Is this the same SIL who was checking out your ass in your new jeans? Or something like that.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #17
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Is this the same SIL who was checking out your ass in your new jeans? Or something like that.

No jokes, I get distracted. I can laugh about the disaster that was now and I have no doubt if I saw her or a pic of her again my mouth would be dry in seconds.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 08-01-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #18
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

my mental image of TCY Junkie is now cemented.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #19
tarcone
Coordinator

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Maybe next time you should just offer to stick her head and yours up her ass...maybe Pass could join you up there as well, just for old times sake...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
korme
Go Reds

I don't know why you were so nervous. If you know it's not going to go down, or work out, that's the time to loosen up and shoot from the hip and say whatever the hell you want, ya know?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #22
cougarfreak
College Starter

Get even with the sis in law. Show up and give her a box of condoms as a warming gift, and tell her the sis in law said she was a slut.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #23
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
my mental image of TCY Junkie is now cemented.

I like both those actors. And both post I have read of yours recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Maybe next time you should just offer to stick her head and yours up her ass...maybe Pass could join you up there as well, just for old times sake...

Those were the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I don't know why you were so nervous. If you know it's not going to go down, or work out, that's the time to loosen up and shoot from the hip and say whatever the hell you want, ya know?

I didn't know it was a pity date until afterwards. My sister told me, yeah I didn't think you would be attracted to her but maybe you could be friends. Why would I want to hang out with someone that looks the same age as my mom looks. Then my sister told me, at least she can say she went out on a date this summer. I was trying to be like whatever but didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I had to pay some attention to her. I just wanted it to end, but not be a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Get even with the sis in law. Show up and give her a box of condoms as a warming gift, and tell her the sis in law said she was a slut.

Thanks, but I don't need any advice, never been on a blind date before and wondered if this had happened to anyone else. As for the sis in law, she is to sensitive to get even with. Something pissed her off 6 months after their wedding and she didn't talk to me for 4 months. She apologized and said it wasn't my fault at all. We just now started to get close again, she's a good person that holds grudges way too long. Thats why I was so nervous, I didn't know what to think about them setting me up and didn't want to hurt or lead on the lady. When my sis found out about the date(she had given me her email address the week before) she called my up and said I'm mad at you. I thought I treated the lady too cold, but my sis told me it was that I didn't tell her I went out on blind date.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #24
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Anyway my brother came over and asked if I gave her a goodbye kiss and starting laughing. He got me good. I've gotten him too many times to count, but never this good and all he had to do is not say anything and let his wife help out a friend. The blind date also wouldn't stop talking about A & M, very annoying. My brother said were you ready for some hot chic and I said no I had I bad feeling she wasn't going to look good, but I wasn't ready for someone old.

15 years. Thats not what the age difference looked like because that was over 20. But 15 years since she had been on a date. I guess my good deed is done. My brother knows I like my girls almost through college, not someone over 35. So no one has any relatives this nice?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #25
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

ok so now I'm curious - how old are you and how old do you think she was?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #26
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
not someone over 35
I'm feeling old now. I don't think I have a shot with TCYJunkie
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #27
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

Spoiler
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #28
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
I didn't know they existed until 6 hours ago.

My sister-in-law last week asked if I would go out with this girl. She told me she hadn't dated in a while(that should have been a big hint). When I first saw her I was in shock. It wasn't the weight or looks, but the age. I look really young and she didn't. I felt like I was out with my mother's friend.

When I got home my sister-in-law called and told me she had been contacted by the blind date and wanted to know what I thought. I told her she is not my type. Then she said your not mad are you, I really thought it would help this girl if she went out with someone nice. I fell so used.

Now my sis-in-law tells me she has another one lined up for me to make up for that one. I was wondering on the date what I did to piss my sis-in-law and brother off. I'm thinking after my first blind date I shouldn't try another but this one is a former soccer player and younger, and they owe me.

Has anyone ever heard of a pity blind date? I know taking one for the team and stuff like that, but I feel like I got punked.

She wanted to prove to her that there were guys out there that didn't want to get in her pants on the first date. I hate putting this on here but it doesn't make any sense without it.

Be careful. The young ex-soccer player might be in the role of pity date.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #29
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
ok so now I'm curious - how old are you and how old do you think she was?

I'm 29, its on my profile. I am dead serious I don't date girls that look over 25. I wish I looked that old, but I see the typical 25 year old and there is no way I look that old. Lets just say if some girl was checking me out she would be 19 to 23, lets just say.

I asked my brother how old she was and he said laughingly 36. She looked older than that. My half sister who is ten years older than me looks much younger than she did.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I might not of answered what you were looking for lighthousekeeper. To me she looked about 43.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

All the boy wants to do is give your grandmother a bath

Dunno why that was the first thing that Popped into my head.

And your sister in law better watch her blind date ponzi scheme.

Pretty soon Lou pearlman will be the only canidate left
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #32
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

For the love of God let the boy give your grandmother a bath. Farley

Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #33
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

If you go on a bad blind date, then go on two. Keep doubling the number of blind dates until you win.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #34
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I am thinking that TCY Junkie was actually the reciever of the pity blind date in this case.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #35
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
I am thinking that TCY Junkie was actually the reciever of the pity blind date in this case.

I wish that was the case so I wouldn't be scarred for life.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #36
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
maybe they think you like ugly people?

If that was the only problem I wouldn't of even posted this and my brother even mentioned that to his wife along with the age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Or older women.

Older women are more forward, they come right up to me and tell me I'm cute as a button. I'm sorry but its so true, it hurt too much to work it into my looks thread. They must think I'm 17 with their poor vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Guess you shouldn't have made those comments about GILFs.

She couldn't of been a GILF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSpeechCoach View Post
If you go on a bad blind date, then go on two. Keep doubling the number of blind dates until you win.

Isn't there a limit to doubling or am I confused. I got a pretty messed up sense of humor so it might take a while. It probably comes from trying to make my grandmother to take her meds and being around her. I told her one time I would do anything if she would take her meds and she told me to dig a hole and jump in it. I hate alzheimer's disease. I got to see way too much of it first hand.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #37
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Double Dola,

When she wasn't talking about A & M, she started talking about her job. A math teacher. I told her I went out to eat the other day and the total was 16 so I gave the girl21. She paused and then giggled and then gave me back a dollar. Then typed it in the register and gave me back 4 more ones.

The date said yeah I have to correct people all the time and I said I just walk around with extra ones. Then she started talking about some students that didn't like math and she told them they needed to learn it. She said they needed to know it for when they worked at mcdonald's and then she added if they could even work there. That attitude has to be received by the kids in someway, sometimes. Oh, in case you didn't know I really don't care for putting kids down.

The bolded above I left out when I told the date the story. My mom who I took out to eat, said the girl giggling was flirting with me. I told her she was crazy because she didn't look between 19-23 or older than 65.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #38
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

We have a winner.

If you keep doubling on 'em eventually the cards will turn in your favor. If not then perhaps BlackJack's not your game.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #39
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
The bolded above I left out when I told the date the story. My mom who I took out to eat, said the girl giggling was flirting with me.

It's obvious she wasn't flirting because girls dont flirt with you. They simply walk over and grab your package if I recall correctly.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #40
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
It's obvious she wasn't flirting because girls dont flirt with you. They simply walk over and grab your package if I recall correctly.

Yeah they come right up to me and bend over and grab it. Then they put it back were it was originally.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 08-02-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #41
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:

beautiful
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #42
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

These are the damn threads I miss when I don't check the board over the weekend.

Uggh. I need to stop going on blind dates when TCY Junkie is posting something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #43
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Whoa.. she giggled? Seriously?

F'n A dude, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT'

High Five!
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

Girls who giggle are delightful, if they're the right sort.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #45
Flasch186
Coordinator

in this regard, "has a Vagina."

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #46
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
These are the damn threads I miss when I don't check the board over the weekend.

Uggh. I need to stop going on blind dates when TCY Junkie is posting something.

You went out on a blind date too? Most of me wanted to ditch her before I saw her, then I just wanted it over. I really wanted to leave but thought if this is as disasterous as I think it is going to be I will do it for RomaGoth. Then come back here and post it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Whoa.. she giggled? Seriously?

F'n A dude, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT'

High Five!

Yes, like a little school girl. Is that good? My mom who I didn't think was in listening distance heard her giggle. I really didn't think to much about it since she looked younger than 19. I just thought she was a giggler and not good at math. Then when I sat down I looked over at her and because of her poor math skiils felt sorry for her. Then I noticed she had an ass of a goddess. I started thinking about her and the future. She would be taking her girlfriends out to eat and when she pays for it all she would leave more than a 20 percent tip. Man, I am glad I'm not the guy that marries that.

And if you say you don't have to marry her, how the hell are you suppose to let an ass like that go? Like a goddess I tell you.

Mustang: Seriously, yes we both definitely heard a giggle. I will give you a high five this time, but don't go around like that guy on seinfeld.

There is no way I'm bumping the old thread because that character turned into a complete asshole after the second page. Anyway I went to that grocery store today with my nephew and that girl was working. My nephew was running around talking to himself and pulling on me so I got distracted when we were checking out. The girl never said a word. I thought maybe she read this forum, that's when I noticed she had a big pimple on the end of her nose. I was wondering why she didn't look up and was looking away as much as possible, but she had to to give me my change. She always talked to me before and was even talking to lady in front off me. I knew something was up but didn't know puss was involved.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 08-04-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #47
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Girls who giggle are delightful, if they're the right sort.

Yeah it was definitely delightful, she said here you go when she handed me the one back, like she was correcting me. But she was so delightful I didn't care. She wasn't that good looking, hell am not going to lie to you she was pretty cute, but I wasn't really attracted to her until I saw her back side.

I might of went a little far in my last post because that was just my opinion of her ass, well my mom also shared that opinion.

I will post my most awkward flirting here also. This girl who wasn't attractive at all, I would say she was a 3 and 30 years old. If my blind date was 15 years younger she probably would have been around 3.14 but there is a big drop for looking old so I would give her a 1.5. Anyway this waitress at this pizza place I went to would flirt like crazy. I asked what she liked and she said on the menu. Then the next time she put her hand on my leg for some period. And the third and final time, I'm guess she got fired or picked up, she was rubbing me with her butt when taking my parents order.

RomaGoth: Did you really go on a blind date? I might have used my imagination a tiny bit, but this happened. Like on the way home from seeing the girl with the nice ass, I actually pictured her working a corner with a register. Then realized with what she had to offer that would be silly, she would find some rich person to marry and then the other thought happened. Its not like I'm fascinated with her, I was also thinking about cinnamon rolls.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #48
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I doubt the giggle was flirting... she probably thought you were a moron for thinking she said $21 instead of $16 or something.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #49
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah, I doubt the giggle was flirting... she probably thought you were a moron for thinking she said $21 instead of $16 or something.

Yeah, I didn't think it was flirting either. And only a moron would think I'm a moron for not hearing them correctly and giving them a buck.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #50
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
You went out on a blind date too? Most of me wanted to ditch her before I saw her, then I just wanted it over. I really wanted to leave but thought if this is as disasterous as I think it is going to be I will do it for RomaGoth. Then come back here and post it for you.

Thanks man.

Quote:
I knew something was up but didn't know puss was involved.

A cat? A woman's private parts? Or did you mean Pus? C'mon, be specific man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

Last edited by RomaGoth : 08-05-2008 at 05:09 PM.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote