Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What should active roster size be starting in 1969?
25 9 69.23%
27 4 30.77%
29 0 0%
31 0 0%
33 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1969 Active Roster Size Vote

Please choose one.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Same thing here for me. I like the 25 man roster. It makes me have to choose between 1 extra pitcher or 1 extra bat. Increasing that number by even 1 pretty much lets me remove strategy from that point of view as I'll easily have as big of a bullpen and bench as I'd ever need.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think on this one, I feel like, a bigger roster would make depth even important. Because I think sometimes MORE players -- especially pitchers -- can be detrimental, depending on where you start them. Position players might not play as much, too and that's another factor of interest to me.

So I dunno. I haven't decided what I want to vote yet, but...I'm torn on whether I'd like to increase roster sizes to 27 or not. I might stay with 25 since it's simpler. I just wanted to get a new vote, since we haven't in a few years and we've replaced a few owners since then.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I think on this one, I feel like, a bigger roster would make depth even important. Because I think sometimes MORE players -- especially pitchers -- can be detrimental, depending on where you start them. Position players might not play as much, too and that's another factor of interest to me.

So I dunno. I haven't decided what I want to vote yet, but...I'm torn on whether I'd like to increase roster sizes to 27 or not. I might stay with 25 since it's simpler. I just wanted to get a new vote, since we haven't in a few years and we've replaced a few owners since then.

With 27, I'd simply have a mop up reliever and another bat. So I don't think it would cause me any problems at all. But it would mean that I would not have to decide between keeping up veterans or bringing up youngsters.. with a larger lineup I could do both and not really have to make that many tough decisions is all.

This year for instance, having a 25 man roster, I had to leave 2 veterans in AAA and try out young kids at the ML level.. and the majority of the young kids didn't do so well. I guess decisions like that are fun for me to have to make and then reflect back upon to see if I chose wisely
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The decision process is indeed one that presents some real challenge. I think it's what makes this league so fun. To lose that ability to control your team all year.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I am for keeping a 25 man roster. I feel it is the perfect size that requires strategy as far as an extra bat or arm in addition to keeping a player down or moving him up.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote