Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
MJ4H
Coordinator

Taking Applications for The FOFC MOLE (season 1.5)!

Alright. This has been attempted before, but didn't go very well because the mole had to be absent in the middle of the season. I will try to avoid that this time by preparing well in advance and trying to get users that are unlikely to have any away time (some things can't be avoided, obviously).

So, how does THE FOFC MOLE work? It's simple. 10 players will be competing to earn "money" (or points, if you'd rather). The players must work together in games involving cooperation and trust to earn the points. Only one player will earn all of the points at the end of the season, but the team must work together to accumulate the points to be earned.

One of the 10 players, though, is a traitor. The mole. The mole appears to be just another player, but in secret, he/she is working against the team. The mole will be earning points based on how much the team fails to earn. The more money the mole keeps out of the team's pot, the more money the mole earns. I'm considering a bonus for incorrect quiz questions, as well, so that the mole has more incentive to remain undetected.

After every 2 missions, there is a quiz on the identity of the mole. The player that knows the least about the mole is executed in dramatic fashion and has to leave the game immediately. The final mission will consist of 3 players, 2 competitors and the mole, who cannot be eliminated. The player that answers the most about the mole in the fastest time in the final quiz will be awarded the points.

So, if you are interested in this, and it will be a long term committment, probably at least 3 weeks, probably more than a month, of being available as often as possible (hopefully able to check FOFC several times every day) please sign up in this thread. It will be awhile before this starts because even though I've already planned a lot of the missions, I need to select the mole and plan things with them, as well as complete the rock paper scissors tournament!

I will be putting a LOT of work into making the FOFC MOLE a fun experience for everyone. I spent a few quick minutes creating an example of what the executions will be like and uploaded it to google video (youtube uploads are down). I will probably improve the graphics of this down the road, but I think this is still quite effective.

Sign up! Suggestions welcome! If you are super-interested in being the mole, feel free to PM me.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

dola: eff google video too. I will make sure the video is viewable ASAP from either google or youtube. I guess they are doing maintenance on everything right now. Annoying.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I had fun doing this last time -- count me in.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'd be interested in giving this a try.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow. This sounds cool? Count me in! Can't wait to watch tonight's episode of the non-FOFC Mole
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
path12
Coordinator

I'll sign up.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

well guess I can't play since I've already been eliminated lol
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #8
DanGarion
Coordinator

So it's kind of like werewolf?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I too am wondering what the games will entail. If it's 1/10 as fun as watching the show then we're all in for a good time
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #10
korme
Go Reds

I'm in g
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
MJ4H
Coordinator

BUMP!

This isn't too far away. I'd like to have 10 people but I will go with as few as 6 people. Don't forget to PM me if you are interested in being the mole.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

Alright, guys. The RPS Tournament is now officially over, so I have time to host the FOFC Mole! I've really been looking forward to this, and I have some crazy games in store for you.

Here is who I think is signed up. With the people signed up below, we will definitely be able to play. I would love to have 10 players, because then I can get to the really crazy challenges.

Passacaglia
samifan24
kingnebwsu
path12
Thomkal???
korme

If you are interested and haven't signed up, please do! This will be lots of fun, and we can sort of take our time (check the board minimum of once a day). Some of the challenges may require odd posting times or frequencies, but I will try not to rush things unreasonably.

I plan to put a lot of effort into this to try to make it fun. There will be video for each execution, and you will not be able to predict who will be executed based on timing in the video, either.

Also, if you are interested in being the mole, please shoot me a PM. Obviously, that is the one person that must not have a strange disappearance from the board mid-game, though I hope no one does.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #13
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Obviously we're at well under ten, so it's not like you necessarily have this luxury, but some alternates might be a good idea.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

ping: Lorena
Old 08-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'll play (think I did this last time also, but can't remember).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I will join in to help you fill your 10 spots. It sounds like fun.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have received confirmation from 4 of 8 players that they will be participating. The FOFC Mole will begin as soon as I have confirmation or replacements from the other 4. If you are interested, this is your very last chance to let me know.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
MJ4H
Coordinator

I am waiting on one more PM. I expect it either tonight or tomorrow night. We will start as soon as I get it, basically.