Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Arles
Grey Dog Software

TEW2008 released!

Phoenix, AZ June 7, 2008 – Grey Dog Software, a Phoenix based developer of sports management simulation software for personal computers, today announces the release of Total Extreme Wrestling 2008.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 allows players to take on the role of a wrestling promoter, where it is up to you to try and steer your chosen company to the top of the industry, along the way dealing with prima donna superstars, wars and alliances with other wrestling companies, and the demands of TV corporations!

If you already have the demo, you simply need to download a 16 MB update here. It's a zip file and you just need to copy the zip contents over your main TEW folder:
server1
server2
server3

You can get the full version here:
server1
server2

You can get the updated trial here:
server1
server2
server3

Finally, the game can be purchased directly from our webstore.

Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just playing around with this briefly today there are quite a few things I never really noticed/or got to in the Demo. Looks to be a pretty solid effort right out of the box thus far....Now I just need an updated DOTT mod and all will be good.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Axxon
Pro Starter

Arles, any idea about the 3 second delay I'm having?

Icy found his issue was ultramon but I'm not running it.

I've already purchased the game but I'm not seeing anyone but me with this issue. It's obviously not a deal breaker but I so want an answer to this.

Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
molson
General Manager

From reading the GDS forums, it looks like a very clean and relatively bug-free release (and we even had a timetable about when it was going to come out, so we could actually look forward to it).

A great showing for GDS. I'll buy as soon as some mods come out.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
From reading the GDS forums, it looks like a very clean and relatively bug-free release (and we even had a timetable about when it was going to come out, so we could actually look forward to it).

A great showing for GDS. I'll buy as soon as some mods come out.

I really don't think this is Skydog's kinda game.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Racer
College Benchwarmer

When is the new DoTT mod expected to done?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
When is the new DoTT mod expected to done?

It doesn't look like they've gave an estimate on timing, though it is being worked on.

I'd love to see (if it were legally possible) Adam release a some kind of real-world or historical mod, perhaps with fake worker and promotion names that we would change. There's a lot of good mods on the way I'm sure, but the default database clearly "works best" since Adam can understand the game balance best.

Last edited by molson : 06-08-2008 at 04:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
Axxon
Pro Starter

Since I'd apparently never registered on Greydog board and I can't post until a mod approves me I'll ask here.

I converted DOTT to 08, created a new database, put the files in there, started a new game. Saved it.

After the reboot, that whole database is no longer recognized by the game. It put me back in the default database and shows it as the only option.]

WTF???

Will post it over there when I can but any ideas from anybody? The database is still there as is the savegame but not usable from the game.

I hadn't seen this posted in their support forum either.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Since I'd apparently never registered on Greydog board and I can't post until a mod approves me I'll ask here.

I converted DOTT to 08, created a new database, put the files in there, started a new game. Saved it.

After the reboot, that whole database is no longer recognized by the game. It put me back in the default database and shows it as the only option.]

WTF???

Will post it over there when I can but any ideas from anybody? The database is still there as is the savegame but not usable from the game.

I hadn't seen this posted in their support forum either.

I am using my converted DOTT database with 08 and having no issues, very strange. I kow that some of the data got a little wacked in the conversion, but it will still keep ny playing until the updated DOTT is released.

Did you copy the whole thing over to your Data files in 08? Thats all I can think of.....There are also some problems with debut ages that you have to fix. Did you run a datacheck after you converted?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am using my converted DOTT database with 08 and having no issues, very strange. I kow that some of the data got a little wacked in the conversion, but it will still keep ny playing until the updated DOTT is released.

Did you copy the whole thing over to your Data files in 08? Thats all I can think of.....There are also some problems with debut ages that you have to fix. Did you run a datacheck after you converted?

Yes, fixes the issues, brought it into an 08 database and it was working fine. I found a support thread where others are having the same issue. Adam suggested a file or more is going missing.

Someone suggested we're not running Vista in administrator mode but I have always done that. Can't post to add that comment yet but it looks like some sort of bug at this point. Not a common one but one nonetheless.

Back to default data for me for a while.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
Axxon
Pro Starter

Actually, the issues they're having is slightly different it seems. They're just losing the save game. My program is losing the entire directory. Same number of files in my directory and the default one.

I'm stumped.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

did you try a second time axxon?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
Axxon
Pro Starter

Hmm, created new database. Copied everything from the old DOTT base into it. It all goes in. It all passes data check.

Saved game shows up and is corrupt. No companies, no tv shows ect. Checked data and they're there but not in the savegame.

Clearly looks like the save game corrupted or can't handle the change in DB name but this issue is more about the database.

Also last test was with the new temp patch. Not sure if that matters or not. Will try to create newgame. Save it. Close program and see what happens.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #14
Axxon
Pro Starter

Ok, started new saved game. All looks good. Ran a day without doing anything. YES! Jimmy Valiant and Bugsy McGraw won the Crockett Cup. I loves me some Bugsy McGraw.

Anyway, I digress.

Saved game. Closed program. Reopened it. And database still selected. Loaded game. Seems fine. Ran another day. Still fine.

No ideas. Hope it was a one off. Will still report it in their forum when I can just in case.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #15
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Axxon, you should be able to post now. Sorry about the delay.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #16
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Axxon, you should be able to post now. Sorry about the delay.

No problem. I'll just do some cut and paste and post this stuff then. I wanted to get it down while it was fresh.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Arles: Do you admin the forum? I had a post in the TEW 2008 Tech Support Forum that looked like it just disappeared into the ether this morning. I sent Adam a PM to see if he saw it, but, he hasn't gotten back to me yet
Old 06-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bought yesterday and got the 1991 mod. Great stuff!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #19
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I bought the game today. I'm leaning towards using a converted DOTT mod over the 1991 mod. From what I've read on the message boards, the rookies in the 1991 mod seem to have "inflated" ratings. Plus the early 90's was during my childhood so I think it'd be cool to start a little before that so I can try to get wrestlers who were stars during my childhood without having to be the WWF.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Arles: Do you admin the forum? I had a post in the TEW 2008 Tech Support Forum that looked like it just disappeared into the ether this morning. I sent Adam a PM to see if he saw it, but, he hasn't gotten back to me yet
Foz, I missed this post. Did you ever get everything worked out?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Didn't know exactly where to put this but didn't really want to start an entirely new thread either. And I'm not sure it's appropriate to start a thread in the dynasty section about someone else's dynasty so ... I'm going to mention it here.

If you haven't seen this TEW 07 dynasty before, you've really missed something amazing. Probably one of the 3 or 4 best bodies of dynasty work I've read regardless of game, format, or venue. I'm talking about in the AE-QB's-the-Vols caliber stuff here.
Days in the Life - Confessions of a Triple 'A' Worker (Cornellverse) - Grey Dog Software

Reading that might just motivate someone on the fence to play a game (TEW 08 perhaps, just so I can relate to the thread subject at hand).

Just amazing stuff to me.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #22
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I received a press release from Grey Dog last week noting price cuts on TEW2005 and TEW2007. Thought I'd pass them on in case someone wanted to get in on the action for cheap...........

Quote:
Phoenix, AZ July 30, 2008 - Grey Dog Software, a Phoenix based developer of sports management simulation software for personal computers, today announces it is lowering the price of Total Extreme Wrestling 2007 to 24.95 USD. Total Extreme Wrestling 2005 has also had its price reduced to $15. Total Extreme Wrestling 2007’s and TEW05’s discounts are not a seasonal or limited time promotion, but will remain as a permanent offer.

For more information please visit Grey Dog Software at Grey Dog Software

You can check out the free TEW2007 demo once again or grab the game today via our webstore.

About Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software, LLC an Arizona based, privately-held company, is a leading developer of sports management simulations for the PC. Grey Dog Software strives to provide ground-breaking features, enormous depth, and endless replayability with each game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Adam also just released update 1.1 to TEW2008. You can get it here:

Grey Dog Software
Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I haven't really played it yet, but I'll update the game. Thanks!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #25
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have thouroughly enjoyed this years iteration... I love playing a CZCW... If the booking screens had drag-drop functionality and "tick" boxes for the road agent instructions it would be awesome...

The booking still can be time consuming but I love this game...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote