Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

XBox 360 Controller Issues

Hoping you guys can help me out here. Lately while playing the 360, especially CH2K8 but occasionally with NHL08, my controller will disconnect and I have to reconnect it. In CH2K8 it is strange because it only ever happens while I am at the free throw line. During normal gameplay it doesn't happen at all. It happened a couple times with NHL08 but not as much.

I thought it might be a low battery but I checked and the battery level is still fine. I swapped to a different controller and it still does the same thing. It's pretty annoying in the midst of a free throw to have your controller disconnect.

Any ideas?

Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
bhlloy
Coordinator

I had the same problem with College Hoops 2k8 and it was low battery, even though no other game had a problem and the batteries were pretty new. Buying the rechargable battery pack (which is a really good investment BTW) completely solved the issue.

While I was freaking out and searching the internet though, I seem to remember that it could be a sign that the red rings of death are close. Any other ominous signs (games crashing, unreadable disk errors, graphics intensive games running lagging?)

I would change the batteries on both controllers even though you don't think that is a problem (especially if they are cheap batteries) and if that doesn't work - google it.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
IBuying the rechargable battery pack (which is a really good investment BTW) completely solved the issue.

Though I never had the problems you're talking about, I'll second the awesomeness of the rechargable battery packs.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

/dork humor

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I had this problem with a new controller I bought. Turns out, the battery pack in the back was coming loose (example: when I pushed in the pack). Anytime I did it, the controller would short and power down. Sadly, I lost the receipt from where I bought it and was unable to return it.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the ideas guys. I have had no other ominous signs. No game crashes or nothing of the sort. Just this odd controller thing. I'll try new batteries until I can get out and buy the rechargeable battery pack.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I had odd controller issues going on too about a month ago. (disconnects and inability to connect at time).

Turned out to be the USB port in the back (where I had the wireless connection plugged in) went bad. Transferred to the front and everything has been fine now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote