Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

Nintendo Wii Online

So, my fiancee knew I wanted a Wii and was persistent in her desire to get me one. We were never able to find one in store, so we decided to try Ebay. This weekend I was up late and decided to make a bid. I got lucky and managed to get one with Wiiplay and the second controllers for $335. This weekend I loaded up some games we wanted from ebay, some new, some used. I am excited to get my first console in eight years.

All in all we ended up with a Wii, 2 of each controller and the following games for $530 plus shipping which equated to the same as California sales tax. I was really happy to get this deal. I haven't received anything yet, but only bought from users with a 99% rating or above with at least 100 feedback, if not several hundred, so I should be fine.

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Warior Ware: Smooth Moves
Super Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario
Mario Strikers: Charged
Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros’ Treasure
Monster 4x4 World Circuit (part of 6 game lot, the only one on the list I didn't want)

I got pretty much every game I wanted. One of my best friends has Smash Bros, Mario Party, Metroid and Zelda, so I can borrow those from him. Any games you guys would recommend that I dont have listed?

Also, my main question, I didn't buy it for this reason, but how is the online play for some of these games I bought and the online play for the Wii in general? Also, anyone on here play any of these games online?

I prefer multi player games usually and in the event my fiancee or friends aren't able to play, it would be nice to have some people I could have a game with if in the mood.

Last edited by Danny : 04-07-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

Online play is free on the Wii and isn't very developed. Nintendo has always been kind of paranoid about people harassing children on their online networks, so they require you to use friend codes (kind of like phone numbers) to add people to a friends list and play them online.

The only game on your list that has online play is Mario Strikers Charged, and it works very well. No chatting or anything like it, but the games play surprisingly well online.

Smash Bros. Brawl is online, too, from your list of your friends games, and it is pretty similar to the way Strikers is set up, but with no stats. Just anonymous play and a friends list that requires friend codes.

Aside from online play, that list of games is pretty good for a bundle. Both Raving Rabbids games is a it of an overkill imo, and the Monster 4x4 game I'm pretty sure is junk, but other than that, that's a very solid line-up. Zack & Wiki is a real sleeper. My wife and I play that one together and have a lot of fun.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

Thanks! I'll probably keep whichever of the Raymans I like best and re-list the other along with the monster truck game on ebay.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I got pretty much every game I wanted. One of my best friends has Smash Bros, Mario Party, Metroid and Zelda, so I can borrow those from him. Any games you guys would recommend that I dont have listed?

Since you just got Mario Strikers Charged a second soccer game might be too much depending on how much you like the sport (then again MSC doesn't really seek to emulate the sport at all) but Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is really good. You point at the screen to pass the ball around, drag your players with the cursor to make runs, it's way different to normal soccer games but works great. There's a few of us on the board with the game, one more would help the chances of getting some online competition going.

Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes, and Trauma Center: New Blood might also be worth looking up to see if they are up your alley.

Super Mario Galaxy is the best game available on any system so good job on picking that one up.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote