Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2003, 06:59 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We Can't Get Rid Of Him!

No matter what we do, that Steve Lavin continues to pull these upsets out of his hat. I highly doubt he can getr this team to do it three times in a row, but I guess anything is possible. If UCLA were to somehow win through and keep their tourney streak going, I believe they would be, record-wise, the worst team in history to enter the NCAA Tournament.

Of course, if it happens (a LOOOOOONNNNG SHOT), I would be very interested in seeing where they are seeded. They deserve a 16-seed, but I'm betting you could argue on their talent that they are (or should be) a lot better than the usual 16 seed.

As a UCLA fan, I'm torn. Well, not in my desire to see the team win, but every victory prolongs Lavin's stay, and I just know the guy is going to get canned the day after his last game (he sure as hell deserves to be for the way he's let this year's team run aground, regardless fo what happened with past teams--also mostly bad, by UCLA standards).

This reminds me why I love March.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
Easy Mac

In 1955, Bradley went 7-19 and made the NCAA tournament, the worst record ever. The Bruins would have 6 more wins before they can get in.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, that bad, eh? I still have to think we would rank as one of the worst ever at 12-18 at least (our record if we were to do the impossible and actually win this thing).

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:31 PM   #4
Easy Mac

oh i agree, just setting the record straight (pun intended)
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #5
digamma
Torchbearer

he is a cockroach. he just won't die.

great game today though.

do you think kapono played his way back into the draft?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:59 PM   #6
tucker342
Pro Starter

I thought it was almost impossible for UCLA to make the PAC 10 tournament? I guess I was wrong though.

He definitely deserves to get canned.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #7
LloydLungs
College Prospect

In the mid-1990s, Florida International made the NCAA Tournament at 11-19, I believe. Ironically, the team that got to dismantle FIU in the first round was UCLA.

I guess this thread answers my question, "Are there any UCLA fans actually rooting for UCLA right now?"
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I always root for UCLA. Even after sitting in the dark thinking about it in tough times like these.

Chief Rum

Old 03-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by digamma
he is a cockroach. he just won't die.

Reminds me of a famous quote....Only 2 things will survive a nuclear holocost....Cockroaches and Keith Richards..

Should we add Lavin?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
MrBug708
Head Coach

WHy not root for UCLA as a fan. They'll probably lose to Oregon tonight, but anything UCLA does is just a bonus
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote