Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Good News to Take Home to the Wife!

Public release date: 31-Mar-2008

Penn State U
Good sexual intercourse lasts minutes, not hours, therapists say

Satisfactory sexual intercourse for couples lasts from 3 to 13 minutes, contrary to popular fantasy about the need for hours of sexual activity, according to a survey of U.S. and Canadian sex therapists. British couples report intercourse lasting 1 to 3 minutes.

Penn State Erie researchers Eric Corty and Jenay Guardiani conducted a survey of 50 full members of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research, which include psychologists, physicians, social workers, marriage/family therapists and nurses who have collectively seen thousands of patients over several decades.

Thirty-four, or 68 percent, of the group responded and rated a range of time amounts for sexual intercourse, from penetration of the vagina by the penis until ejaculation, that they considered adequate, desirable, too short and too long.

The average therapists’ responses defined the ranges of intercourse activity times: "adequate," from 3-7 minutes; "desirable," from 7-13 minutes; "too short" from 1-2 minutes; and "too long" from 10-30 minutes.

"A man’s or woman’s interpretation of his or her sexual functioning as well as the partner’s relies on personal beliefs developed in part from society’s messages, formal and informal," the researchers said. “"Unfortunately, today’s popular culture has reinforced stereotypes about sexual activity. Many men and women seem to believe the fantasy model of large penises, rock-hard erections and all-night-long intercourse. "

Past research has found that a large percentage of men and women, who responded, wanted sex to last 30 minutes or longer.

"This seems a situation ripe for disappointment and dissatisfaction," said lead author Eric Corty, associate professor of psychology. "With this survey, we hope to dispel such fantasies and encourage men and women with realistic data about acceptable sexual intercourse, thus preventing sexual disappointments and dysfunctions."

Corty and Guardiani, then-undergraduate student and now a University graduate, are publishing their findings in the May issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, but the article is currently available online.

The survey’s research also has implications for treatment of people with existing sexual problems.

"If a patient is concerned about how long intercourse should last, these data can help shift the patient away from a concern about physical disorders and to be initially treated with counseling, instead of medicine," Corty noted.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The average therapists’ responses defined the ranges of intercourse activity times: "adequate," from 3-7 minutes; "desirable," from 7-13 minutes; "too short" from 1-2 minutes; and "too long" from 10-30 minutes.

???? So 10-13 minutes is both desirable and too long?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
Ksyrup

British couples report intercourse lasting 1 to 3 minutes.

Can our British boarders explain...WTF? Is it a race to see how quickly you can stop touching each other from beginning to end, or what?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Ksyrup

Maybe I should merge this with the "shortest time on a job" thread.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
???? So 10-13 minutes is both desirable and too long?

For women, ain't just minutes that fits that description.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

Kidding me right? Their partners must be doing something wrong if women report 10-30 as being too long.

Seriously though, survey research is generally not very valid and can be manipulated to show pretty much whatever the researcher wants.

Last edited by Danny : 04-02-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think we're blurring the line here between "sexy time" and "intercourse." I imagine the study only started the clock once there was penetration.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
Groundhog
Coordinator

3-13 minutes?? Pfft, slow coaches...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

Actually, I would guess the research is directly related to individuals actual experience. Any happy couple is going to report their time of intercourse as being desirable, and a shorter amount being too short and longer amount being too long, which is a good thing of course.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
st.cronin
General Manager

Its not clear to me from the article, but 7-13 minutes ... is that all in a row?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think we're blurring the line here between "sexy time" and "intercourse." I imagine the study only started the clock once there was penetration.

Exactly. It's quite clear from reading the study, that the clock is measuring strictly intercourse and does not include foreplay.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
British couples report intercourse lasting 1 to 3 minutes.
Can our British boarders explain...WTF? Is it a race to see how quickly you can stop touching each other from beginning to end, or what?

British people only have stiff upper lips ... nothing else? ...

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 04-02-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
Anthony
Banned

if it take you more than 20 minutes of actual penis in vagina intercourse, then you are gay and should stop thinking about men while you do your woman.

i would say my wife and i would agree the 7-13 is what works for us. anything more than that is literally repetitive or just for aerobic purposes.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #14
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
if it take you more than 20 minutes of actual penis in vagina intercourse, then you are gay and should stop thinking about men while you do your woman.

Then wouldn't it take longer?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #15
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Public release date: 31-Mar-2008

Penn State U
Good sexual intercourse lasts minutes, not hours, therapists say

For a good time, contact Vicki?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #16
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

When they say 7-13 minutes, it's clear they're not counting foreplay. When you factor that in, the real total would be about 7-13 minutes.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 04-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #17
Ksyrup

"Thirty-four, or 68 percent, of the group responded and rated a range of time amounts for sexual intercourse, from penetration of the vagina by the penis until ejaculation, that they considered adequate, desirable, too short and too long."
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
Then wouldn't it take longer?

only homosexuals who aren't into vagina could last 20+ minutes. you have to have a dead cock to withstand the excellent sensation and pleasure to last that long.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #19
Anthony
Banned

this video/song pretty much sums up my point:

Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
only homosexuals who aren't into vagina could last 20+ minutes. you have to have a dead cock to withstand the excellent sensation and pleasure to last that long.

Thanks for explaining--your first post was so subtle I guess I just missed the point.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #21
korme
Go Reds

Wouldn't a dead cock be limp? I see where you are going here HA, but your theory has holes in it.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Is this 7-13 minutes each time, or for the year over all?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Wouldn't a dead cock be limp? I see where you are going here HA, but your theory has holes in it.

well, a limp cock is still alive, it just can't get erect. a dead cock, a zombie cock if you will, is impervious to sensation. that's why these guys can bang for 20+ minutes - they don't feel anything. no, rather than succumbing to the great feeling and doing it for a normal 7-10 minute session a dead cock is a penis without any nerve-endings so it'll just keep plugging away. vagina, picnic table - it's all the same to a dead cock.

Last edited by Anthony : 04-02-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #24
korme
Go Reds

I completely understand now.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #25
sabotai
General Manager

What if it's your 3rd time doing it that night? Is it ok to last more than 20 minutes in that case?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #26
Danny
Head Coach

It is actually two separate functions for erection and ejaculation, so it's possible for someone to have a problem with erections and not with ejaculation or the other way around.

That said, without removing any of the pleasure from stimulation, one can condition themselves to need longer periods of stimulation to ejaculate. Also, bringing oneself close to ejaculation and not doing so, many times, or delaying it for a longer period of time actually makes the experience much more intense. In Taoism, the man learns to orgasm separately from ejaculation and as general rule only actually ejaculates once every 7 days. While I think that is going overboard, there are a lot of wonderful things one can experience with the person they love when ejaculation can be delayed and controlled. I'd recommend married couples look into some of the these types of things, theres a lot of great reading material out there.

Last edited by Danny : 04-03-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #27
korme
Go Reds

delaying ejaculation for 7 days would be cruel & unusual punishment
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #28
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
What if it's your 3rd time doing it that night? Is it ok to last more than 20 minutes in that case?

well, the 1st time is to do it. 2nd time is to put it to sleep. i think anything more is excessive and anti-climatic. dried up sweat and body fluids doesn't smell/feel better over time.

but yes, if you must do it a 3rd time then you truly are a hetero-hero and a manly man and deserve to take your time and if it lasts more than 20+ minutes so be it.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #29
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
a dead cock, a zombie cock if you will, is impervious to sensation
I think this was the slogan on the last box of condoms I bought.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #30
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Why am I picturing a zombified-rooster with a balloon caption that says "I FEEL NOTHING!!!"

?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #31
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
delaying ejaculation for 7 days would be cruel & unusual punishment

I forget. Which Supreme Court ruling was that?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #32
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I forget. Which Supreme Court ruling was that?
I believe the one Shorty is referring to was Palms vs. Tubesock.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #33
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I believe the one Shorty is referring to was Palms vs. Tubesock.

IIRC, the Carpenter Ants Benevolent Society filed an Amicus brief on behalf of Palms.