Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
BishopMVP
Coordinator

FOFC NEW England Cup

Sorry about the PM box being full, I didn't know there was a limit.

Known confirmations so far: McSweeny, Samifan24, Nyarlahotep, BishopMVP, RPI-Fan, WinkingPirate, Sublime.
Unsure: Patspsycho

If all 8 teams confirm, proposed seeding based on record is:

1. Winkingpirate (8293)
2. Sublime (70287)
3. BishopMVP (72162)
4. Nyarlahotep (72049)
5. Samifan24 (70296)
6. Patspsycho (8263)
7. RPI-Fan (8489)
8. McSweeny (71008)

Making the 1st Round match-ups:

McSweeny @ Winkingpirate
Samifan24 @ Nyarlahotep
RPI-Fan @ Sublime
Patspsycho @ BishopMVP

Semifinals

McSweeny/Winkingpirate winner vs. Samifan24/Nyarlahotep winner
RPI-Fan/Sublime winner vs. Patspsycho/BishopMVP winner

I think we should wait until the offseason to start so teams can field their A-Sides, plus a couple teams have already accepted friendlies for the coming Wednesday. For the other 4 people, just post in this thread if you want in and if that happens we can start round one next week (Games March 26). If any of you don't want in, we can give a bye to the a team and move everyone else up one slot.

Remember when challenging games to use Cup Rules.

Also, if anyone wants to propose a name for the tournament, go ahead.

Edited to switch Eilim out for RPI-Fan. Edited again to confirm winkingpirate and sublime.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-13-2003 at 06:53 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

i'll do it. (assuming it's for hattrick...)
Old 03-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

I have already accepted a friendly this week, so I second the motion to play this cup in the offseason.

The New England Cup works for me. Maybe someday in the future, we'll be able to have regional tourneys followed by a national tourney with the winners. Hey, I can dream, can't I? I want a FOFC Hattrick website too.....
Old 03-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
Eilim
High School Varsity

I'll have to pass this time around, I'm pretty much booked solid into next season on my friendlies. I'm also in the middle of talking to some people about setting up a Mass./Boston region federation and cup and not exactly sure how many free weeks I'll have between all the other feds I'm in. Anyways, I wish you guys the best of luck and will be watching the tourney.

-Eilim
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:13 PM   #5
BishopMVP
Coordinator

RPI-Fan, New York will be counted as an honorary part of New England for this tourney and you will just slide into Eilim's place.

This is more for HFP and whoever else organizes the FOFC Cup. I'm not sure how you do it now but what about setting it up regionally to begin with.

For Example, there are 8 teams in New England (McSweeny, Samifan24, Nyarlahotep, BishopMVP, Eilim, Sublime, Patspsycho, WinkingPirate) and 8 in the Northeast (RPI-Fan, NY Fan, bigjdotcom01, Tredwel, Qwikshot, Condors, Frogman, Bbor) so these teams could be one 16-Team East Region (maybe swap out Frogman/Bbor with Quiksand, that team from WV.) It seems like we'll be having 64 teams at least in the next FOFC one, so maybe regionalization could give other teams something to shoot for. Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #6
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BishopMVP
RPI-Fan, New York will be counted as an honorary part of New England for this tourney and you will just slide into Eilim's place.

This is more for HFP and whoever else organizes the FOFC Cup. I'm not sure how you do it now but what about setting it up regionally to begin with.

For Example, there are 8 teams in New England (McSweeny, Samifan24, Nyarlahotep, BishopMVP, Eilim, Sublime, Patspsycho, WinkingPirate) and 8 in the Northeast (RPI-Fan, NY Fan, bigjdotcom01, Tredwel, Qwikshot, Condors, Frogman, Bbor) so these teams could be one 16-Team East Region (maybe swap out Frogman/Bbor with Quiksand, that team from WV.) It seems like we'll be having 64 teams at least in the next FOFC one, so maybe regionalization could give other teams something to shoot for. Any thoughts on that?

Hey BishopMVP,
I really appreciate being mentionned in there without even saying a word. I was just about to say HEY, I WANT IN!!!

My team is located in Pintendre, just 15 minutes to the South of Quebec City, so East or Northeast could do it...

Later, FrogMan.
edit again cause I can't type...

Last edited by FrogMan : 03-13-2003 at 04:58 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #7
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Two more teams confirmed (Sublime/winkingpirate.) Only one left to respond for the inaugral Northeast Invitational.

Frogman, I was just going off of the region list dacman posted. If patspsycho opts out, and you still want in you can be the eighth team. If that happens I'll send you a PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BishopMVP
Frogman, I was just going off of the region list dacman posted. If patspsycho opts out, and you still want in you can be the eighth team. If that happens I'll send you a PM.

That's cool, let me know if you got an opening. I'm booked next week, but after that would be all good.

Later, FrogMan.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:25 PM   #9
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Eilim
I'll have to pass this time around, I'm pretty much booked solid into next season on my friendlies. I'm also in the middle of talking to some people about setting up a Mass./Boston region federation and cup and not exactly sure how many free weeks I'll have between all the other feds I'm in. Anyways, I wish you guys the best of luck and will be watching the tourney.

-Eilim

Even though i'm playing in the New England Cup, i'm still interested in doing a "Best of Boston" match up sometime
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #10
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

If we don't start til the Wednesday after next, won't we run out of games since the cup starts the second week after that?
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:57 PM   #11
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Even though i'm playing in the New England Cup, i'm still interested in doing a "Best of Boston" match up sometime

Sure thing, I only scheduled a friendly this week after seeing your name on the NE Cup list. I figured you'd be tied up in it for a few weeks. I figure we can either do a home and away each year, or do a single game a year alternating venues.

Anyways, enough of my threadjacking, just shoot me a pm or ht-mail when you want to play.

-Eilim
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #12
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Eilim

-Eilim

Just thought I'd tell you, you'll have the hattrick cup for the first week or two, and then we'll probably have to start the FOFC Cup up REALLY soon since we'll have 80 or so teams by then.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
If we don't start til the Wednesday after next, won't we run out of games since the cup starts the second week after that?

Yeah, we'll have to wait until after the teams are eliminated from the US Cup to play the final. Hopefully there will be a week window from when they finish in the cup and the FOFC Cup starts to finish this. It's too late to change the start date because at least three of the 8 teams have friendlies already. I thought there was one more offseason week, but I guess not.

Vexroid- You have any thoughts on setting up next year's FOFC Cup regionally for early games?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-13-2003 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:28 PM   #14
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Not really, we'll just have to see how long the FOFC Cup will be. Hopefully we'll have group play or something next season with all the teams.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #15
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Just to let everyone involved know, Round One will be next Wednesday, so after your friendly tonight schedule one against your 1st-Round Opponent. Games are:

McSweeny (71008) @ Winkingpirate (8293)
Samifan24 (70296) @ Nyarlahotep (72049)
RPI-Fan (8489) @ Sublime (70287)
Patspsycho (8263) @ BishopMVP (72162)

I sent PM's to the home teams. Once again, make sure to use CUP RULES, because we don't want no stinking ties.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vexroid
Hopefully we'll have group play or something next season with all the teams.

Wouldn't group play be harder with more teams?
Old 03-19-2003, 05:40 PM   #16
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Just to let everyone involved know, Round One will be next Wednesday, so after your friendly tonight schedule one against your 1st-Round Opponent. Games are:

McSweeny (71008) @ Winkingpirate (8293)
Samifan24 (70296) @ Nyarlahotep (72049)
RPI-Fan (8489) @ Sublime (70287)
Patspsycho (8263) @ BishopMVP (72162)

I sent PM's to the home teams. Once again, make sure to use CUP RULES, because we don't want no stinking ties.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vexroid
Hopefully we'll have group play or something next season with all the teams.

Wouldn't group play be harder with more teams?
Old 03-19-2003, 06:11 PM   #17
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know, just a suggestion
Old 03-21-2003, 01:13 PM   #18
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

As long as you have the box scores and highlites thats good enough for me .
Old 03-21-2003, 05:55 PM   #19
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Patspsycho's team just changed over to a new owner, so if there is anybody who has not scheduled a friendly this week and would like to join the Cup, just post in this thread and send me a challenge for a Cup Rules game at my place.

I pity whoever has to organize the FOFC Cup this year. I can't even get 8 teams to work, let alone 80.