Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Trip to New Orleans

Thinking about going to New Orleans in March, hadn't really heard much about it lately. Anybody have any info on the rebuilding, hotels, etc?

Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

where you looking to go? if it is downtown then you shouldn't even notice anything having to do with the rebuilding. To me downtown is nicer than it's been in a while.

I went for the weekend for one of the Saints games and stayed at a little boutique hotel, Queen & Crescent- it was VERY cheap, and great location- easy to walk to everything- and it was very nice inside. I'd try to stay downtow, central place, and you can walk most places.

Not sure what else to let you know-
I'd try to go to the D-Day museum if that is your thing... The aquarium / imax is always fun...
Bourbon St is always fun, Rick's & Big Daddy's are always a lot of fun

Harrah's is good... Maybe catch a Hornets game... There is a lot to do- and it's always a lot of fun
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

Bourbon honestly was a little much for me. I didn't have any fun until I started exploring the other parts of the french quarter closer to the riverwalk, and the french market.

Make no mistake, I like 3 for 1 beers at happy hour, but there is more to do that just that.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

At the time I left New Orleans, my favorite thing to do was see the AFL's New Orleans VooDoo, but I guess you have to like arena football in order to enjoy that.

The season starts in three weeks.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I just got back from New Orleans for a conference. The Pelham was a pretty nice place and not too bad in price. it was on Common just outside the French Quarter.
In terms of restaurants here are a couple of my faves:
The Acme Oyster House (I think it is on Toulouse)
The Ole Coffee Pot on St. Peters
Cafe Du Monde (Beignets are good!)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Check out last Monday night's new ep of No Reservations for a sobering but uplifting story about NO. It comes off as more of a commercial than most NR eps, but I think that was partially the point of Bourdain doing this particular show. I can't get enough of NR.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #7
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Check out last Monday night's new ep of No Reservations for a sobering but uplifting story about NO. It comes off as more of a commercial than most NR eps, but I think that was partially the point of Bourdain doing this particular show. I can't get enough of NR.

I loves me some Bourdain. The only (quasi) travel show host who won't stand for dancing, singing, or revelry of any nature. The Uzbekistan episode is one of my favorite hours of TV, everz.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote