Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Pacman just doesn't learn...

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...le-for-pacman/

NEW TROUBLE FOR PACMAN

WSB-TV in Atlanta reports that Titans cornerback Pacman Jones allegedly punched a woman on January 3 in a North Atlanta strip club.

And the woman whom he punched is a lawyer.

The incident allegedly happened on January 3. The lawyer, Wanda Jackson, alleges that Jones entered a manager’s office, accusing the club among other things of stealing money from him. She says that, during the meeting, Jones lunged at her several times. She also alleges that, in a hallway after the meeting, he reached around a security guard and punched her.

Though the report isn’t clear on this point, it appears that a warrant has been issued for Jones’ arrest, and that he’s due in Court on February 8. The incident could result in a claim that he has violated his probation in Nevada stemming from the infamous Las Vegas strip club “Make It Rain”/”Make It Hail . . . Bullets” incident from February 2007.

Most importantly, it likely puts Jones back in the cross-hairs of Commissioner Roger Goodell. Though Jones has been cleared to re-join the Titans for offseason activities beginning in March, the league could look to swiftly impose further discipline on Jones as a result of these new allegations.

As we’ve said all along, if Jones can’t stay out of trouble when he has a job, he surely won’t be able to stay out of trouble when he doesn’t have a job.

Maybe when the former WVU star gets suspended the next time he’ll make good on his promise to return to school to get his degree . . . in Michigan.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
And the woman whom he punched is a lawyer.

Unlucky. Seriously though, the guy's an idiot and his career is basically over now I bet.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Doesn't learn? No one got shot this time. I think he's getting better at it, and before you know it, he'll be beating up strippers and you'll barely hear a peep.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

WTF? he punched a LAWYER, why is anyone complaning? Its her own fault she's female and chose...poorly.

ANd she can't be a very good lawyer if she's stripping on the side, right? am I right or am I right?

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
ANd she can't be a very good lawyer if she's stripping on the side, right? am I right or am I right?

You're right. I was thinking what is a female lawyer doing in a strip club?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

From what I've heard elsewhere, she was at the club working on a divorce case...

Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
JediKooter
Coordinator

He should just buy a computer and just look at pron on the internets. Much cheaper and less likely he would get sued.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
WTF? he punched a LAWYER, why is anyone complaning? Its her own fault she's female and chose...poorly.

Maybe she's a bad stripper, so she's practicing law on the side. Ever think of that?!?!?!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Maybe she's a bad stripper, so she's practicing law on the side. Ever think of that?!?!?!

There is no such thing as a truly bad stripper.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Not true, not true at all...

Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #11
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I don't know.. I bought a stripper once and it didn't get anything off anything.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Ever been to Appleton, Wisconsin?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
From what I've heard elsewhere, she was at the club working on a divorce case...

You know, none of my cases ever take me to strip clubs. Ever. I think it's time to change. I haven't been to a strip club in sometime, but isn't pretty much standard that a lap dance costs $20? If that's still the case, I'm starting to believe this is classic price fixing. We should bring a class action law suit against these establishments.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #14
miami_fan
Coordinator

Atlanta woman withdraws assault complaint against Pacman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3199910

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Authorities in Georgia say a woman who accused suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones of hitting her has withdrawn her petition to have him arrested.

A clerk in the Warrants Division told The Associated Press that the petition of Wanda S. Jackson had been withdrawn on Wednesday.

Neither Jackson nor Jones' attorneys returned calls seeking comment on Wednesday.

Jackson, an attorney, said in her filing that she was in the Body Tap strip club's office on Jan. 3 when an angry Jones accused managers of stealing his money and bracelet.

Jackson said she was watching the confrontation when Jones "sucker punched" her.

Last month, Jones pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge related to a strip club shooting in Las Vegas that left club manager Tommy Urbanski paralyzed.

Jones has been arrested six times since being drafted sixth overall in 2005, including two arrests in Georgia in 2006 that the Titans did not learn about until 2007. Jones was suspended for the 2007 season by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in April.

At the time of his suspension, one of the changes Jones told Goodell he intended to make was to stay out of clubs and to avoid situations in which he might be compromised. Goodell has said that he has apprised Jones that he will ultimately be judged by his actions, not his words.

In mid-December, the NFL rejected an appeal by the players' union on behalf of Jones to have him reinstated for the final two games of the regular season.

Jones was allowed to go to the Titans' headquarters once their season ended with an AFC wild-card loss in San Diego on Jan. 6. The NFL plans to review his status following the Pro Bowl.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

So what was the point of filing the petition?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

So we don't forget about this talented NFL player.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #16
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So what was the point of filing the petition?

edit: Which isn't to say he isn't guilty as hell, just that there shouldn't be any mystery about why the petition for a warrant went away.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-17-2008 at 10:27 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

edit: Which isn't to say he isn't guilty as hell, just that there shouldn't be any mystery about why the petition for a warrant went away.

I thought he was already broke!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
JeeberD
General Manager

Exactly, Jon.

Of course, isn't Pacman supposed to be staying out of strip clubs anyways? Even if he isn't charged with anything, this may make it more difficult for him to be reinstated...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
miami_fan
Coordinator

Actually I forgot about the TNA money
Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
miked
College Starter

Doesn't he have enough money to have a pole installed in his basement and invite some loose bitches over once a week for a show?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #21
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Doesn't he have enough money to have a pole installed in his basement and invite some loose bitches over once a week for a show?

Pacman goes to strip clubs for the food, not the girls.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #22
JeeberD
General Manager

Bump

ESPN - Cowboys' Pacman gets in fight with bodyguard at Dallas hotel - NFL

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a downtown Dallas hotel on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas police.

Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, first reported Wednesday that Jones was involved in an altercation at the Joule Hotel in Dallas, damaging a bathroom.

Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Chief Golbeck told the News he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight.

"Someone from the business called police," Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. "Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left."

Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment. The Dallas Cowboys said they had no information about the incident and also had no comment.

A source told ESPN that NFL Security has been notified and is investigating.

It was apparently a coincidence that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell visited Cowboys players at their Valley Ranch training complex Wednesday. Goodell suspended Jones from the league for the entire 2007 season for violating the NFL player conduct policy.

Before meeting with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Goodell said to reporters in San Antonio: "Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively.

"I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well."

The Cowboys acquired him from the Tennessee Titans in a historic trade in April. Jones became the first player in NFL history to be traded while serving a suspension.

The expectation is that Jones is likely to be called to New York to explain his conduct to Goodell, a source close to the player said. Jones' reinstatement is contingent upon his ability to conduct himself appropriately.

Deion Sanders, who has acted as a mentor for Adam Jones since his arrival in Dallas, was also at Valley Ranch on Wednesday, ESPN.com's Matt Mosley reported.

Compounding the potential consequences for the Cowboys is that Jones has been starting at left cornerback for Pro Bowler Terence Newman, who is attempting to confirm a preliminary diagnosis of a sports hernia injury that could sideline him for a minimum of six weeks if surgery is required.

In a sitdown interview with ESPN just before the start of the NFL season, Jones explained his decision to provide Jones with a four-man security detail at the team's expense.

"We have in place a staff here that really is good at monitoring what our players do," the Cowboys owner said. "Now I say this at the risk of knowing that in the next minute or in the morning I could get a phone call. ...When you're dealing with the numbers of people that we're dealing with and get some news that isn't too savory. On the other hand, this does call for an awareness on the part of any player that he is being monitored and the reputation of our team is at stake."

In his two decades of owning the Cowboys, Jones has established a reputation for taking risks on players who fit a specific profile. Jones says they must have a uniquely big work ethic, an intensely competitive personality and no history of substance abuse.

Before completing the trade, Jerry Jones told ESPN he sent investigators to Tennessee to research every incident in which Adam had been accused of wrongdoing and was so thorough in his background check that he and an assistant personally looked into every person to whom Jones wrote a personal check to determine the quality of people with whom he was associating.

Jerry Jones said he specifically informed Adam Jones he had lost most of his benefit of the doubt and underscored the privilege of playing in the NFL and wearing the Cowboys uniform.

"When we do have a player come to the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said, "I really do expect him to understand that, 'Look you've stepped on some bright lines you may even have gone over them certainly, and we've got to really get it back in the middle because all your benefit of the doubt is gone.'"

What a fucking idiot.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

read about this earlier.

I still get neverending amusment out of the fact that Deion is Pac mans mentor

Last edited by Lathum : 10-08-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #24
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

Wow.

There are a few places in the Kings Cross region of Sydney that I could take you to make you change your tune.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:31 AM   #25
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am just shocked that Pacman would screw up. It is so unlike him.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #26
Groundhog
Coordinator

Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #27
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post

Nicely played! Who is smarter, PacMan or the hamster?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #28
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Some odd quotes there.
Quote:
Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''
In his two decades of owning the Cowboys, (Jerry) Jones has established a reputation for taking risks on players who fit a specific profile. Jones says they must have a uniquely big work ethic, an intensely competitive personality and no history of substance abuse.
Weird phrasing by Pacman's lawyer, and then the quote by Jerry Jones, I'll just leave in the wind.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

PACMAN JONES SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2008, 2:42 p.m. EDT

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been suspended indefinitely for his latest violation of the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

Jones will be suspended without pay and will miss at least four games. After that, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will make a determination as to whether Jones deserves reinstatement.

The NFL found that Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation and had therefore violated the terms of his reinstatement, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported.

The suspension is the latest piece of bad news in a terrible week for the Cowboys.

One piece of good news: Ed Werder of ESPN reports that as a result of the suspension, the Titans will not have to send a sixth-round draft pick to the Tennessee Titans, and the Titans will have to send the Cowboys a fifth-round pick.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #30
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hopefully he is done in the NFL.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #31
Logan
Head Coach

Hahahaha good.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #32
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
One piece of good news: Ed Werder of ESPN reports that as a result of the suspension, the Titans will not have to send a sixth-round draft pick to the Tennessee Titans, and the Titans will have to send the Cowboys a fifth-round pick.

Could someone decipher that for me?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #33
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Dallas gave the Titans a fourth-round pick in this year’s draft and a sixth-rounder next year for Jones. The Cowboys would get back a fourth-rounder in 2009 if Pacman isn’t reinstated, or a fifth-rounder if he returns then gets punished again.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #34
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

I don't understand what him getting in a fight with one of his four security guards has to do with anything. Sounds like a personal/Cowboys problem to me.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #35
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well, I know who will NOT be winning the Come Back Play of the Year award.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #36
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
I don't understand what him getting in a fight with one of his four security guards has to do with anything. Sounds like a personal/Cowboys problem to me.

Are you serious? Have you been under a rock for the past two years? Goddell is trying to "clean up" the league. A police matter is going to get you suspended in today's NFL. This is not just a fight, there are possible criminal charges. And for someone with Jones's past, that is bad news with the conduct guidelines in the NFL.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #37
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{sad since this means TNA Wrestling will probably waste money on him again}
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #38
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

From what I understand from Mort earlier today, there was alcohol involved which is a technical violation of his probation. Even though the police didn't charge him, they could have easily violated him just for the drinking in public alone. That is why the NFL suspended him.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #39
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
they could have easily violated him just for the drinking in public alone.

That right there would make me clean up my act.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #40
Buccaneer
Head Coach

There are those that say it should not matter what a player does off the field. I disagree. Forgetting rules and conditions put in place by the Commissioner, it has to do with the rewards of the NFL contract. We all know such contracts are short term in the least and finite compared to an average adult. You have done what it takes to get an NFL contract and you should do everything in your power to not jeopardize this golden chance. If you have a weakness for alcohol, then stay away from bars and nightclubs. If you have a weakness for violence, then stay away from situations where there would be criminal activity. That is a small price to pay for short term glory and riches. Problem is, some players believe they can have it both ways but when so much is at stake for such a short time, it would be prudent to not take risks and sacrifice a little.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #41
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I have no use for Adam Jones, despite a life long love for the Cowboys.

*However as I understand it*
The body guard was intoxicated and confronted Adam, and Adam pushed him into an elevator door and he stumbled into some other guests. Thus the body guard was intoxicated it is an alcohol related incident.

IF and I stress IF this is true, then Godell is over the line
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #42
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm sure Pacman is an innocent victim in this.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #43
JeeberD
General Manager

While I have no love for Pacman, this couldn't have come at a worse time...

Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

The body guard was intoxicated and confronted Adam, and Adam pushed him into an elevator door and he stumbled into some other guests. Thus the body guard was intoxicated it is an alcohol related incident.

why was he at a hotel at 1:30 AM on a tuesday night?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #45
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Are you serious? Have you been under a rock for the past two years? Goddell is trying to "clean up" the league. A police matter is going to get you suspended in today's NFL.

This is what I have a problem with. If I get in a bar fight over the weekend but show up to work on Monday, why should my employer know or care? Now when my behavior starts affecting my work (i.e. missing days etc.) THEN my employer can and should have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Even if you want to make the case that Goodell is well within his right to suspend players for "police matters", how the fcck do you suspend someone before the courts have had their say? If a player is deemed innocent, you've already punished him for something a court said he didn't do. I happen to think Jones is a piece of shit human being, but for authoritarian Goodell to suspend him when the Cowboys chose not to is complete BS.

Question for the group: If this hadn't been all over ESPN the last few days do you think Goodell does anything?
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
why was he at a hotel at 1:30 AM on a tuesday night?

Apparently, he had just returned from a party thrown by Ludacris.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #47
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
This is what I have a problem with. If I get in a bar fight over the weekend but show up to work on Monday, why should my employer know or care? Now when my behavior starts affecting my work (i.e. missing days etc.) THEN my employer can and should have a problem.

so you think as long as he shows up 1:00 PM every sunday anything else he does shouldnt matter?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #48
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I know at SIU, I can get charged with assault in Timbuktu and be expelled under the Student Conduct Code.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #49
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The bottom line is being an athelete isn't like other jobs where you punch a clock.

They get paid very well to play a game and part of that pay is being on the clock 24 hours as a representitive of the league and their team. If they dont like it they can go wash dishes.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #50
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

Depending on who you work for and what you do. if you get in trouble with the law and get into the media because of it you can quite easily find yourself fired.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote