Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2003, 11:16 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Order problems from Ebgames

So I order from EBgames.com. I get MLS Extratime 2002. It arrives Tuesday, and I pop it open to play. The problem is, NFL Primetime 2002 is in the box. I think to myself, "How hard is it to get the right game in the box." I look at their return policy, and I fill it out, saying it is their fault b/c it is the wrong product.

I then call the next day to see if they will refund my shipping for when I try to exchange it. The guy on the phone tells me they can't take it back, b/c they always double check their games (it was a trade in evidently) to make sure, so obviously I'm lying. I start thinking, WTF, how is it my fault they fucked up?

Is there anything I can do here, or am I just fucked, left with a game I don't want in a box for the game I actually ordered?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:40 PM   #2
Tasan
College Starter

Well I'm currently persueing some customer complaints with DVD.com through state attorney generals' offices and the better business bureau.

You could also possible send the complaint to your credit card company, where they could refuse payment to them, but I'd make sure you cover all your bases with the company first, like talk to all the managers you can get, etc.

Last edited by Tasan : 03-05-2003 at 11:41 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
AgPete
College Prospect

Sorry to hear Easy Mac. Is it for the PC? Is that the ESPN NFL version that was released at the beginning of the NFL season?
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 06:17 AM   #4
Blackadar
Retired

Easy Mac, I'd get a supervisor on the phone. I'm sure you paid by credit card, so I'd tell the supervisor they have two choices:

1. Take the game back and refund the shipping immediately.
-or-
2. Since you didn't get what you ordered, you'll protest the charge with your credit card company and since they sent you something you didn't order, you'll consider the NFL game a gift and keep it.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Not to sound like an "I told you so" but to pile on, I have ordered twice from ebworld, now ebgames and I won't ever again. Their customer support is lacking, they gouge customers, and they do not deliver on time. Anyone else had these problems with them?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I had a great experience when I had an issue with my order from Ebworld (the error was my fault, btw).

called up, and to my surprise had a very friendly and very helpful person answer and fix it.

I'd call again.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #7
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Re: Order problems from Ebgames

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
So I order from EBgames.com. I get MLS Extratime 2002. It arrives Tuesday, and I pop it open to play. The problem is, NFL Primetime 2002 is in the box. I think to myself, "How hard is it to get the right game in the box." I look at their return policy, and I fill it out, saying it is their fault b/c it is the wrong product.

I then call the next day to see if they will refund my shipping for when I try to exchange it. The guy on the phone tells me they can't take it back, b/c they always double check their games (it was a trade in evidently) to make sure, so obviously I'm lying. I start thinking, WTF, how is it my fault they fucked up?

Is there anything I can do here, or am I just fucked, left with a game I don't want in a box for the game I actually ordered?

The best thing you can do is call their 800#-- (800) 800-5166 then immediately ask for a supervisor. I know from my time spent working there that such mismatches were a semi-common thing, maybe 1 or 2 every month in the shipments sent to stores. If you have no luck, let me know, I think I still have all the names/extensions for some of the higher-up's left in the company...I'll be glad to help any way I can...
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote