Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Icy
Pro Starter

NBA live 08 demo is out... (both PS3 and 360)

Downloading it right now. For the reviews i have read at ops, it's just a graphics/atmosphere improvement over 07, still with AI bugs, etc (what a shock comming from EA...).

It sucks as i was looking into an alternative to 2k specially in the franchise mode, that is a bit simple in the 2K title and looks deeper in the EA on. Gameplay wise, 2k was the best NBA game i have ever played and i guess it will be the same this year.

Of course it's too soon to know for sure, let's test it and comment it here.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Let us know how the 'crooked ref' mode does.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

I wonder why did i waste bandwidth downloading this.

Maybe i'm too used to 2K basketball titles, but i think game play sucks in Live08.

I tried to play a game with Spain vs the Spurs. For any reason, every time i'm going to shoot, even if it's a triple, my guy jumps towards the defender committing a foul in attack. I see also some of stupid passes sent to the back of the defender that runs towards his net, and already saw a few players shooting from behind the net for out of bounds, like if they didn't knew they where behind instead of in front of the net. The court reflexes look nice, but i prefer 2K players models.

Imho 2k is the clear choice by now.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I wonder why did i waste bandwidth downloading this.

Maybe i'm too used to 2K basketball titles, but i think game play sucks in Live08.

I tried to play a game with Spain vs the Spurs. For any reason, every time i'm going to shoot, even if it's a triple, my guy jumps towards the defender committing a foul in attack. I see also some of stupid passes sent to the back of the defender that runs towards his net, and already saw a few players shooting from behind the net for out of bounds, like if they didn't knew they where behind instead of in front of the net. The court reflexes look nice, but i prefer 2K players models.

Imho 2k is the clear choice by now.

I'll d/l and play around with the demo, but that's about as far as I'll go with EA basketball unless the reviews were out of this world.

I keep hearing EA wants to buy the exclusive NBA license, which would be disasterous for gamers. I have nothing against EA like some people do. I just prefer the 2K games better most of the time. The more I play with NHL '08, the more I'm looking forward to 2K8. (and with the 2K series, it really is about gameplay, because their franchise modes usually aren't that good)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I'll d/l and play around with the demo, but that's about as far as I'll go with EA basketball unless the reviews were out of this world.

I keep hearing EA wants to buy the exclusive NBA license, which would be disasterous for gamers. I have nothing against EA like some people do. I just prefer the 2K games better most of the time. The more I play with NHL '08, the more I'm looking forward to 2K8. (and with the 2K series, it really is about gameplay, because their franchise modes usually aren't that good)

Reportedly, the NBA rebuffed EA a few years ago when they made an offer for exclusivity. Hopefully, that continues to happen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think the "hot zone" concept is fascinating, but I bet the game is balls. If EA buys the exclusive license, hopefully at least we'll still get 2k College hoops.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think the "hot zone" concept is fascinating, but I bet the game is balls. If EA buys the exclusive license, hopefully at least we'll still get 2k College hoops.

NBA 2k8 will also use hot zones but will implement them differently.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

NBA Live? They still make that?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
Huckleberry
College Starter

Yes, and unfortunately it's the only NBA game coming out for the Wii.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote