Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Wedding Reception Playlist

So my wedding is in 10 days. As you can see, I am on the ball! We are doing the music ourselves, with an "ipod DJ" (it's actually my macbook). We have put together a list of possible songs and I thought I would put it to the crowd to see if we missed anything good. Remember that, unfortunately, weddings aren't about good music, they're about what music will get people on the dance floor.

The list is at hxxp://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pflesdvL9IZ-aw2xLWkoCRQ and is in no particular order. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow we're start putting it into some sort of play list order.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000

lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

I was just going to say Total Eclipse of the Heart, and it's on there.

I would recommend The Way I Are by Timbaland and some others...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm.. quick check on the necessary wedding reception songs..

Celebration.. check
Shout... check
Cha Cha Slide.. check
Footloose... check

Not sure of the order but, I'd assume 'Friends in Low Places' will be played when everyone is drunk. Seems to be when that one is cracked out.

What... no YMCA???
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Easy Mac

The list of songs we chose for our reception. Not entirely sure which ones were played, but nothing that wasn't on the list got played. Everyone there kept asking if we chose the music and we were complemented the whole time. The bolded ones are the ones I remember getting played. but there were others from here.

Code:
A Band of Bees – I Love You AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion Allman Brothers – Blue Sky Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet Bachman Turner Overdrive – Let it Ride BB King – How Blue can you get? Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Go Daddy-O Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run Buffalo Springfield - For What It’s worth Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 Chicago - Will You Still Love Me? Chicago - You're the Inspiration Chuck Berry - Johnny Be Good Clay Aiken – Bridge over Troubled Water Clay Aiken – Solitaire Coldplay - Clocks Cowboy Mouth - Love of My Life Cream - White Room Creedence Clearwater Revival – Born on the Bayou Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching Deep Purple - Smoke on the water Derek and the Dominos – Layla Dexter Freebish – Leaving Town Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing Doobie Brothers – Long Train Runnin Eagles – Best of My Love Eagles – Love will keep us alive Elton John - Don’t go breaking my heart Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting Elton John – Tiny Dancer Elton John – Your Song Eric Clapton - Cocaine Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight Foreigner - Feels like the first time Frank Sinatra – Unforgettable Franz Ferdinand - Take me out Free - All Right Now Gap Band - You dropped a bomb on me Garth Brooks - Friends in Low places Genesis - I can’t dance Genesis - Invisible Touch George Thorogood and The Destroyers – Who do you love James Taylor - Carolina in my mind Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends John Fogerty - Centerfield John Lennon – Imagine KC & the Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo Live – Lightning Crashes Led Zeppelin - D'Yer Mak'er Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone Lynyrd Skynyrd – Gimme three steps Lynyrd Skynyrd – What’s your name? Matchbox Twenty – 3AM Matchbox Twenty – Long Day Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded by the Light My Morning Jacket - Lay Low Needtobreathe – You are here Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay Outkast - Hey Ya! Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed Rod Stewart - Maggie May Rush - Tom Sawyer Screamin’ Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You Semisonic - Closing Time Soft Cell - Tainted Love Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild Steve Miller Band – The Joker Steve Miller Band – Rock’n Me Sting - Fields of Gold Styx - Mr. Roboto Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels The Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man The Animals - House of the Rising Sun The Drifters – Under the Boardwalk The Beach Boys - God Only Knows The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice The Beach Boys - Sloop John B The Beatles - Twist and Shout The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love The Beatles - Something The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! The Cars - Just What I Needed The Clash - Rock the Casbah The Foundations - Build me up buttercup The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself The Fray – How to Save a life The Fray – Over my Head (cable car) The Kingsmen - Louie, Louie The Kinks - You Really Got Me The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin' The Monkeys - I'm a Believer The Ramones - Blitzkreig Bop The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday The Spencer Davis Group - Gimmie Some Lovin The Temptations - Get Ready The Time - Jungle Love The Troggs - Wild Thing The Who - Pinball Wizard The Who - Baba O'Reilly The Zombies - Time of the Season The Zombies - She's Not There Tom Petty – Free Fallin’ Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl Weezer - Buddy Holly XTC - Making Plans for Nigel
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I was just going to say Total Eclipse of the Heart, and it's on there.

I would recommend The Way I Are by Timbaland and some others...

There's actually a linedance we do to Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Hmm.. quick check on the necessary wedding reception songs..

Celebration.. check
Shout... check
Cha Cha Slide.. check
Footloose... check

Not sure of the order but, I'd assume 'Friends in Low Places' will be played when everyone is drunk. Seems to be when that one is cracked out.

What... no YMCA???

YMCA is on there.. between "What I like About You" and "Rockin' Robin"

When we used to help our mom DJ weddings, Friends in Low Places was a great last song of the night.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

"Word Up" by Cameo.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Twist and Shout
Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
Paradise By the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf (better towards the end of the night.)
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
"Word Up" by Cameo.

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

What self respecting wedding doesn't have Kenny G for background music??
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #10
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Apache and Shout
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
What self respecting wedding doesn't have Kenny G for background music??

First of all, this is for the reception, not background music.

Second, you should be revoked of your manhood.

Third, we have an acoustic guitarist playing music for the wedding ceremony and cocktails.

Fourth, we will be playing Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock and other as background music during dinner.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
King of New York
High School Varsity

And where, pray tell, is The Electric Six, "Danger! High Voltage" on that list?

"Fire in the disco
Fire in the Taco Bell
Fire in the Disco
Fire in the Gates of Hell"

Pure Genius. You should consider showing the song's video on a screen while the song plays.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #13
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

If you play DMB - Two Step, I'd play it early.. Not really a type of song to dance too or get the crowd going given it's length. Just seems if you play it in the middle that the floor will clear out.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #14
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
If you play DMB - Two Step, I'd play it early.. Not really a type of song to dance too or get the crowd going given it's length. Just seems if you play it in the middle that the floor will clear out.

Yeah. It's a small possibility and it's more about an inside "joke" between Wade and I.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

I would suggest If You Love Somebody (Set Them on Fire) by the Dead Milkmen...but then, I was not allowed anywhere near my reception playlist.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
korme
Go Reds

If you're going to play a DMB song, play "Crush" (not to be confused with "Crash Into Me"
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Yeah. It's a small possibility and it's more about an inside "joke" between Wade and I.

*chuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #18
chesapeake
College Starter

The biggest hit at my wedding was Sir Mix-a-Lot's magnum opus, "Baby got Back." If things start to drag, I guarantee that tune will get things going again.

And if you're talking love, Barry White needs to say his piece.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Not a lot of punk/rock on there, but I'm a big fan of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version of "Nothing Compares 2 U".

Also, I think the OK Go song is listed twice on the spreadsheet. And if you're looking for a slow song, Ryan Adams does a nice cover of "Wonderwall".
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #20
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Not a lot of punk/rock on there, but I'm a big fan of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version of "Nothing Compares 2 U".

Also, I think the OK Go song is listed twice on the spreadsheet. And if you're looking for a slow song, Ryan Adams does a nice cover of "Wonderwall".

Yeah. I wouldn't get a lot of dancing to punk/rock, thus the caveat in my first post. This is why I have to purchase 90% of the music on the list, because I don't own any of it. I could probably slip in a Me First song, but that's about it.

Yeah, a couple songs were listed twice. That can happen by accident, but they won't be twice on the final play list.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #21
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Yeah. I wouldn't get a lot of dancing to punk/rock, thus the caveat in my first post. This is why I have to purchase 90% of the music on the list, because I don't own any of it. I could probably slip in a Me First song, but that's about it.

Yeah, a couple songs were listed twice. That can happen by accident, but they won't be twice on the final play list.

This is why we had no music at our wedding reception. Well, that and the fact that we didn't really HAVE a wedding reception.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #22
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
This is why we had no music at our wedding reception. Well, that and the fact that we didn't really HAVE a wedding reception.

Was
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote