Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

trading draft picks

has anyone else ever tried trading down in the draft? for example,I could offer my #10 1st round pick to someone for thier #20 first round pick and their 4th roung pick, which is a fair offer, and it alaways says it wont make the trade without adding value to the trade. I could offer my first for their 2 and 7th and it says the same thing. Anyone else frustrated my this?

Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Is this in FOF4? Because the AI is a little bit tighter on trading than in previous versions.

The No. 10 for the No. 20 and a fourth rejection doesn't surprise me, because the AI doesn't see much of a difference between 10 and 20, so a fourth is a lot to give up to move up. Some teams also are simply unwilling to accept the deal.

Offering your first for a second and seventh surprises me. Are we still talking about the No. 10 pick? Or is this lower in the round?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #3
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

This is FOF4. I agree, the first scenario is one in which a teammight not elect to trade up. But it seems that unless you really go overboard and offer the farm for not much in return, you cant trade down.I have found that throwing in a scrub player one one side or the other helps a bit.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

I've found the trading up and down in the draft to be reasonably realistic. I'm surprised neither of those trades went through. They both seem reasonable to me and I've made many similar trades like that. Have you had a lot of rejected trades with that team? I think Jim has said that teams will remember failed trades and a multitude of them can damage the relationship with the other team (similar to releasing a player and they refuse to sign with you).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:07 PM   #5
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I just started this career, so I havent had time to piss anyone off yet. I just find it wierd that the above situations didnt go through, but then teams will throw 3rd and 4th round draft picks at me for first year street FA's I picked up before the draft. They havent even been thrugh a training camp, and no team tried to sign them during the FA period, but immediately after thr draft they are worth a 3rd round pick.strange.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:13 AM   #6
WebEwbank
High School JV

Trading draft picks is fun and profitable.

It's also somewhat unrealistic. It's easy to stockpile 3-5 first rounders every year; then I can usually trade the #1 overall for three #1s and two #2s unless there's a super player available.
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote