Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

"Notice of Termination of Tenancy"

So I come home this evening to find an envelope from my landlord on my door. The owner has sold my property, and my roommates and I have 60 days to pack our things and vacate the premises. This sucks.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
korme
Go Reds

60 days is plenty of time.

I notified my landlady that I wouldn't mind getting out of my lease early - 2 of the original four had relocated back to their homes, so there was 2 of us paying for a 3 bedroom.

So that was about 3 months ago. Fast forward to last Thursday where I get a knock at my door, and my landlady says I can get you out early- can you be out by tomorrow?

UHHHHHHHHHHHH........ no. She then bitches at me "Shane you told me you wanted out early" well uh yea with a little heads up! I mean come on lady! I ended up getting her to give me a 6 day window and now I am gone.

Anyways good luck Vince, but why did they do that without telling you? Failure to pay rent can result in those notices as warnings which usually get canceled if you own up within a few days.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
60 days is plenty of time.

I notified my landlady that I wouldn't mind getting out of my lease early - 2 of the original four had relocated back to their homes, so there was 2 of us paying for a 3 bedroom.

So that was about 3 months ago. Fast forward to last Thursday where I get a knock at my door, and my landlady says I can get you out early- can you be out by tomorrow?

UHHHHHHHHHHHH........ no. She then bitches at me "Shane you told me you wanted out early" well uh yea with a little heads up! I mean come on lady! I ended up getting her to give me a 6 day window and now I am gone.

Anyways good luck Vince, but why did they do that without telling you? Failure to pay rent can result in those notices as warnings which usually get canceled if you own up within a few days.

Jesus...your landlady sounds like one crazy bitch.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #4
Groundhog
Coordinator

Moving sucks.

I was living right on Bondi Beach in Sydney with a mate and his gf for 2 1/2 years when the owner kept organising to get people to check out the bathroom for renovations. We were continously assured that he wasn't selling and that we wouldn't be asked to move out. After about 5 of these visits, we were given 6 weeks notice, though of course we had been expecting it. Still, we didn't appreciate the lying and certainly didn't appreciate the constant requests to get people to look at various rooms of the place while we were still in there - most of which we refused.

Thankfully my gf and I found a place straight away, but the moving was a nightmare, especially considering I hyperextended my knee the night before the move.

But yeah, I wish I just owned the place I moved in to, because I dread the possibility of having to move again when the lease expires in 11 months.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

No, we didn't do anything wrong, and our landlords love us -- we would've been here for 2 years in November. The owner of the property sold it to a private investor, so we gotta get out.

Yeah, 60 days is plenty of time...but I really enjoyed living here, and had no plans to move any time soon.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

One positive is that I bet you will not pay rent for a minute! Ask for your security NOW so you can put it toward your new place
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Technically speaking, (at least according to IL renter law), they cannot force you to leave early if they sell the property, assuming you are on a yearly lease. The new owner is legally bound to adhere to the terms of the lease.

May be different in CA, but it might be beneficial for you to find out if you wanna try and stay out the duration of the lease.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-16-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #8
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Technically speaking, (at least according to IL renter law), they cannot force you to leave early if they sell the property, assuming you are on a yearly lease. The new owner is legally bound to adhere to the terms of the lease.

May be different in CA, but it might be beneficial for you to find out if you wanna try and stay out the duration of the lease.

Unless you have some really really nice super cheap place, I'd say screw it and just leave. A landlord that doesn't want you there could cause alot more grief for you in the long run.

I'd try to find out if you are still bound by any obligations if you leave before 60 days... not sure how that works.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #9
ctmason
High School JV

The topic of this thread just brought me a flashback. My brother and I pulled up to the Kenny Roger's Roasters in Stockbridge, GA to find a notice with this exact title taped to the door and a subsequent note from the management/ownership of the store. I can almost remember the note exactly:

"Kenny Roger's Roasters has closed its doors today for good. Unfortunately, we were unable to work out a disagreement with our landlord..." and it went on to ask us to visit one of its other stores, which I think was in Smyrna or something.

This was before the Seinfield episode, and at the time it just seemed really sad. Still miss those corn muffins.

Oh, sorry about having to move, Vince. If you think that sucks just try home ownership!
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
Vince
Pro Starter

It's a month-to-month lease, and the rental agency/landlord is actually really cool, and we have no problems with them; they are sorry to lose us as tennants.

And it's a really nice, cheap place. House, not apartment.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Sorry to hear that VC. I know you really liked that place.