Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Madden 08 for Wii

Thought it deserved its own thread. Well, maybe it doesn't, actually; I'm pretty disappointed with it. Seems almost exactly like 2007, without any added "Wii specific" features that were promised. Plus, the graphics are worse than I thought (knowing full well that's not Wii's strong point). Right now, disappointed at dropping 50 bucks on this. Can anyone convince me otherwise/cheer me up?

MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
saldana
Pro Starter

the fact that you can play online is its biggest new feature, IMO

does anyone know if gamestop is still doing the trade 2 get one free promotion for wii games?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
MJ4H
Coordinator

Weird, there are tons of Wii specific features. The telestrator and casual player interface come to mind (option to have the CPU control the player with the exception of some major actions). I haven't played it, but are these not in the game? What was promised that isn't in it?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

I bought this today... learning to play now.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm very interested in this - let me know. If this one doesn't pan out, I may go and check out last year's version used... worth it?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think the graphics kind of suck. But I'd definitely be down for some h2h on the internets, once I get some practice in.

The family play mode is an interesting addition, would be good for parties anyways.

saldana, no 2 for 1, but you can use this coupon til 8/16

Maybe go in and trade one game in, and use the coupon, and then go later on in the day and try it again?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm going to try and force myself to wait a few days before deciding whether to get this on Wii, PC, PS2 or not at all. In a few days there will be a lot more information I can read about how buggy it is across the various platforms.

I never tried 07 on Wii since I'd already bought the PS2 version back in August, so part of me is still wary about how well motion controls work with Madden.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At least the wii version still has in-game saves, and the accelerated clock. I always liked both of those features.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
MikeVic
Head Coach

This'll take long to get used to. I haven't played Madden in a couple years... now I have to learn new controls.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
MrDNA
High School Varsity

The game itself says it has the telestrator... but I haven't found out how to use it yet. I had heard there were going to be football mini-games along the vein of Mario Party or Wario Ware, but they're just the same training camp things (as far as I can tell). I'm hoping it grows on me. The hit stick motion is dang fun, though. Punching forward! Ka-boom.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
The game itself says it has the telestrator... but I haven't found out how to use it yet. I had heard there were going to be football mini-games along the vein of Mario Party or Wario Ware, but they're just the same training camp things (as far as I can tell). I'm hoping it grows on me. The hit stick motion is dang fun, though. Punching forward! Ka-boom.

I think telestrator is in one of those mini party games... I remember seeing video of trivia, 2-on-2, etc... and one of them lets you use the telestrator.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #12
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think the graphics kind of suck. But I'd definitely be down for some h2h on the internets, once I get some practice in.

Same here. But somehow I think we'd both use the Steelers.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

it's hard to explain, but wii madden seems to crimp the one edge of my widescreen TV....there's like a one inch gap on the left side of the screen. Other games don't look like this, so I'm a bit befuddled. I think, almost, that the game is not displaying progressively or something. Cause there's no way it should look this fucked up.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #14
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm playing on a 19" Citizen tube TV... so my problems are that I can barely see the writing of anything on screen. And the edge WR look off.

Is there a way to connect my TV to my widescreen LCD monitor?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #15
stevew
Hall Of Famer

if anyone comes across any threads on glitching, it'd be great if you link them here. I'm going to go mess around with my TV, and see if it's set up funny, but it's terribly odd that i have the Wii setup to export at 16/9 and it's coming out so crappy. I'm going to unplug my components from the receiver and go right into the TV and see if it makes a difference. But madden 08 is the only game that i've ever had that has been this far off center.