Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ping: Marc Vaughan

Hey,

If you're out there at all, maybe you can point me in the right direction on how to login to your forums at sigames.

I see it looks like you guys switched to some new system. I can login using my old login info at the web site, but then when I try to do anything but browse the forums, it asks me to login again. But it seems I am already logged in. And in this situation, no matter what login I use, I can't get in (even the one that works out front doesn't work in the forums). And if I go to Lost Password, it says it doesn't recognize my email address (which is odd, because I have had that email address forever, and know it's the only one I would use for forum logins).

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. If it helps any, my email address is [email protected] and my login name there is chiefrum.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Chief,

I believe you now have to login with your email address rather than user ID. That's at least how I'm able to log in.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

^^ What he said ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Chief,

I believe you now have to login with your email address rather than user ID. That's at least how I'm able to log in.

But I tried to do that. The outside web site said I was logged in. But the inside one kept asking me for a log in when I did certain common actions in the forum. And I tried to login with both my email and my old name, and it wouldn't let me do it, saying my login/password was wrong. Then when I try to go through the Lost Password link, it says my email address isn't even in its database.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

I've been having the same problem. I've tried all of the email addresses I have used in the last few years and none of them work.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I am really getting pissed off at sigames website now. This is ridiculous. When I ask for a Lost Password, it says my email isn't in their database. But when I try to register, it says my email is already in use! WTF?!?

Look, please, someone from SI, get my login working. I am chiefrum there. My email address is [email protected]. Please fix this. This is just dumb.

I need to see into the forums to get help with tactics and training and all sorts of other things I might run into to get the most out of the game.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, I am really getting pissed off at sigames website now. This is ridiculous. When I ask for a Lost Password, it says my email isn't in their database. But when I try to register, it says my email is already in use! WTF?!?

PayPal did the exact same thing to me. So much for my PayPal account.

(I originally set it up for some payment I was going to make, then I looked into upgrading it a couple of years later to take payments, and I couldn't do anything with it. Oh well).
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Anyone who is still having problems feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do (your user name and the email you registered with will be useful to me).
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
andy m
High School Varsity

why not re-register? OH NOES PEOPLE MIGHT LOSE POSTS!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m View Post
why not re-register? OH NOES PEOPLE MIGHT LOSE POSTS!

I would re-register if the option was given to me. When you go to the page that pops up when you click on the Forums link, where it says "Login/Join" it's actually just a link to the Login. There is no register link.

There is one on the front page, and I already explained what happened there (and I'm not even sure it applies to the forums, but to the sigames website itself).

And here you were thinking you're all brilliant for thinking of this and none of us did.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

You should have a PM from me which will (hopefully) help ..
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
You should have a PM from me which will (hopefully) help ..

Awesome. That was exactly what was needed. Thanks, Marc!