Larry Johnson 6 40.00%
Reggie Bush 7 46.67%
They are both trout 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who should I keep, LJ or Reggie

Protected lists are coming up for the FOFC keeper league. I can protect 1 running back. Should I keep LJ and his contract issues or should I keep Reggie Bush and hope he takes the next step as an elite back?

Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Tyrith
College Starter

Darn. That's tough...LJ seems like he should come up for a fall season, but if it's anything like last year, you have to keep LJ, don't you? Unless you intend to keep Reggie for years on end. But if you let LJ go and he plays to anything like norm you've cut lose so much production.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

Didn't LJ get a ton of carries? I think he's due to a down season. I also think Reggie will be about the same as last year. Drop both.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

I'd stick with LJ for another season. Do you have any sort of "contract"; i.e you can only protect a player for 3 years before he's returned to the pool? If so, and you've had LJ for two years, I'd take the extra year of Bush.

Draft position is also important. Where are you gonna be? Would Bush automatically be the best draftable player for whoever has the #1 spot?

Last edited by Logan : 07-11-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
rowech
Pro Starter

That's a tough call...really tough call. I voted for LJ but I'm not 100% on that.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Didn't LJ get a ton of carries? I think he's due to a down season. I also think Reggie will be about the same as last year. Drop both.

you must be in the league with him, eh?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Might I suggest dropping both and keeping either a Kevan Barlow or a Brandon Jacobs instead? The future is bright for these two...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
rkmsuf
Head Coach

a Johnson or a Bush.

Choose wisely.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is pretty obvious who else is in the league

no "contract" or anything like that.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
TLK
Pro Starter

Another vote for Barlow...
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Can't forget about Travis Henry. He had a surprising year.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
TroyF
Coordinator

There have been a lot of studies done on the wear and tear of 400+ carry seasons. The short of it is that a high percentage of RB's who get that many carries one year have major drop offs the following year. While LJ is a dominant back, that kind of workload does not bode well for future years and it is far more likely he suffers a major drop off than continuing to play at the current level.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #13
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
There have been a lot of studies done on the wear and tear of 400+ carry seasons. The short of it is that a high percentage of RB's who get that many carries one year have major drop offs the following year. While LJ is a dominant back, that kind of workload does not bode well for future years and it is far more likely he suffers a major drop off than continuing to play at the current level.

Yeah, my drop off comment was sincere. I had that last year with Shaun Alexander in a money keeper league. Refused to believe that he would go down, and he did... kind of ruined my season.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
Capital
High School Varsity

I would lean toward LJ
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Yeah, my drop off comment was sincere. I had that last year with Shaun Alexander in a money keeper league. Refused to believe that he would go down, and he did... kind of ruined my season.

So were you the guy I was posting this about last year, right? I told you to dump Shaun and you couldn't do it?

It's tough. how do you dump a guy who put up the type of year LJ did last year? And about 15% of the time, they have one more big year before going down. That other 85% of the time can kill you in a fantasy league.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #16
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
So were you the guy I was posting this about last year, right? I told you to dump Shaun and you couldn't do it?

It's tough. how do you dump a guy who put up the type of year LJ did last year? And about 15% of the time, they have one more big year before going down. That other 85% of the time can kill you in a fantasy league.

Haha, maybe.

I think I posted to ask who I should keep, since I had a stacked team that year. But in terms of RB, my other option was Tiki Barber... and in this league, I really wanted to keep a RB.