Big Brother 8...or How Zē+ Was Passed On Again

Sorry dude.

As least I think you were passed up.

Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
bbor
Pro Starter

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

The females are hotter this season.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
bbor
Pro Starter

Word!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
digamma
Torchbearer

In an effort to continue to drop useless names, a friend of mine is directing Big Brother After Dark on Showtime Too. I suggested he focus on boobies.

Last edited by digamma : 07-06-2007 at 03:33 AM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #6
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
In an effort to continue to drop useless names, a friend of mine is directing Big Brother After Dark on Showtime Too. I suggested he focus on boobies.

Lot of bikini on the after dark, but overall it was pretty boring.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #7
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Nothing will beat last year. I already miss Janelle. I also don't like the gay ex-lover dynamic - even for a reality show, I thought that one was way too over-the-top Jerry Springer-esque. The dude dropped a gonorrhea bomb in the first episode! I also think they should have brought more than 3 of the relationship people in - I think that's too small a number, and they are too easily susceptible to being voted out by the original 11. Another 2-3 of them, minus 2-3 of the others, would have made it more even, not to mention would have spread the pros/cons of knowing someone in the house around more evenly.

I always get confused about this, so I'll throw it out there...obviously, some of the show is taped, some live. But the show is going on "now," right, so what we see on subsequent episodes is either live or a produced show of what has happened since the last show, right? So the question is, what "highlights" were they showing during the previews last night? They seemed to be showing them doing all sorts of challenges that I assume haven't taken place yet. Did they just film them doing stuff for filler in previews, or are those challenges and scenes that have already been filmed and will be shown later? I missed the beginning of the show last night, but they just entered the house yesterday, right? That's why I was confused over what they were showing. It looked like they had been in the house for days.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-06-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Ksyrup

The show last night on cbs was tape. They been in the house already for 2 days prior to that show.

Every Thursday, starting next week that show will be live on cbs. The Sunday and Tuesday show are tape.

The show on Showtime 2 at night is a live feed. Which will are every night from 12:00Am-3:00Am eastern live.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Ksyrup

That explains it. I remember from past seasons watching the first day live as they entered the house. I guess they changed it up some this year.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Zē+
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Sorry dude.

As least I think you were passed up.

Nope, I will not be summering in the BB House this season. Actually, I didn't even bother submitting a tape this year -- two years of getting call-back interviews only to watch them select a bunch of asshats was enough for me. I watched last night to see the kind of people they selected, and vowed that I won't be watching anymore this summer.

I think the producers have strayed from the original strength of the show -- the concept, if you will, and have totally replaced it marketing all the "pretty people" they select as cast (not that I can blame them, if that's actually drawing more viewers and is better for their business, which it probably is). If you remember originally, it was the show's concept that won of its always-small-yet-always-dedicated fan base - and the cast was at least a somewhat fair represenation of our society - ie, not everyone looks like a model. Now, however, it looks like they are casting for a season of Real World/Road Rules. Again, if that's what they need to do to get more viewers, then that was the right move -- but in the process they destroyed the game itself.

And clearly, I'm not bitter at all. Rant over.

PS -- Thanks for remembering, AE. That was a fun summer, when I actually thought I was making it in

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
Ksyrup

I think all the shows have gone this route. I know people have been complaining about Survivor the same way. My feeling about the way they did BB this time is that they weren't getting enough fireworks by throwing people with different backgrounds in the house together, so they had to force the issue by adding in people with pre-existing axes to grind. It's not enough that someone who is against the gay lifestyle has to learn to deal with a gay person in the house, now we have the gay guy's ex-lover who hates him in the house as well. And the girl with the father she doesn't speak to. I don't know, it just strikes me as beyond necessary.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

Nudity sells. Give them plenty of liquor and nothing else to do. And ditch the old tattooed guy - it's like watching that Kevin Bacon movie about child molestation.

Sorry, Z, if I want to watch something that represents America, I'll go to the mall.

This stuff is good background for work late at night, but if it's going to stay on, it needs to focus on the eye candy.

And I agree with KSyrup, there's no need to ratchet up the tension. The game itself provides all the tension this show needs, and more. People are more interesting when they're relaxed.

Last edited by Solecismic : 07-06-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
Ksyrup

Dude looks like a Tommy Lee wannabe.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Nothing will beat last year. I already miss Janelle. I also don't like the gay ex-lover dynamic - even for a reality show, I thought that one was way too over-the-top Jerry Springer-esque. The dude dropped a gonorrhea bomb in the first episode! I also think they should have brought more than 3 of the relationship people in - I think that's too small a number, and they are too easily susceptible to being voted out by the original 11. Another 2-3 of them, minus 2-3 of the others, would have made it more even, not to mention would have spread the pros/cons of knowing someone in the house around more evenly.

I always get confused about this, so I'll throw it out there...obviously, some of the show is taped, some live. But the show is going on "now," right, so what we see on subsequent episodes is either live or a produced show of what has happened since the last show, right? So the question is, what "highlights" were they showing during the previews last night? They seemed to be showing them doing all sorts of challenges that I assume haven't taken place yet. Did they just film them doing stuff for filler in previews, or are those challenges and scenes that have already been filmed and will be shown later? I missed the beginning of the show last night, but they just entered the house yesterday, right? That's why I was confused over what they were showing. It looked like they had been in the house for days.
Missed last year's due to some Africa trip or something.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #15
Ksyrup

Ha! It was great, seriously. It was All-Stars. Janelle, Will, and Boogie were involved. It was like a clinic in deception. It was by far the most entertaining season of the show I have watched (I missed most of 3-6).
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

This show has made a major shift from a game with semi-interesting social experiment tendencies to a Jerry Springer show with attractive guests

I've been watching a bit of the recent Big Brother series in the UK. While they still have some interesting game elements (no influencing or discussion of who to nominate, eviction voted by fans), they have the same problem of filling the house with people who have no concept of reality and no ability to shut the hell up.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Ha! It was great, seriously. It was All-Stars. Janelle, Will, and Boogie were involved. It was like a clinic in deception. It was by far the most entertaining season of the show I have watched (I missed most of 3-6).
My wife told me about it...some.

I enjoyed the season Will was on as he played it as I would have hoped to in his shoes. Hate me, kick me out, hate me. Meanwhile, everyone keeps him around hoping to take him to the final. The thought being, "Everyone hates him, no way they'll give him the money."

Suckers.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll give the after dark stuff a half hour. After that it's the bed for me.