Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
molson
General Manager

Chris Benoit found dead....

Deserves it's own thread...wow.

wwe.com

Edit - This can't be a part of the Mcmahon angle, can it?

Last edited by molson : 06-25-2007 at 05:15 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
miami_fan
Coordinator

Him AND his family? This had better not be an angle.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If it is it is very tasteless to involve his family.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WWE STAR CHRIS BENOIT, HIS WIFE AND FAMILY FOUND DEAD IN ATLANTA
by Mike Johnson @ 6:04:00 PM on 6/25/2007

We are still awaiting further details, but PWInsider.com is extremely saddened to report that former WWE and WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to the Benoit's family, friends, and fans at this time.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
miami_fan
Coordinator

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
molson
General Manager

NO WAY it's an angle - holding out hope that the site was hacked (since Benoit was announced as missing from Sunday's show for "personal reasons")
Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
molson
General Manager

Apparently, all the Vince stuff has been removed from the site - so it's looking real.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, if they're dedicating tonight's show to Chris Benoit instead of Vince then it's definitely real. I read he left yesterday's show for family reasons, but this is just shocking and very very sad.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
SnDvls
Pro Starter

doesn't appear to be an angle at all.

man very said
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I hate to say it but

Phil Hartman anyone?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I hate to say it but

Phil Hartman anyone?

I had really hoped not, but after hearing about Saturday, odds certainly shift that way.

Not that you can feel better about a situation like this, but I really hope that's not how it happened.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
doesn't appear to be an angle at all.

Except for the "fact" that a family of four was found dead in their home in Atlanta, yet there's no mention of it anywhere on any of the Atlanta news sites, or on either of the news stations I just logged in to.

{shurg}
Old 06-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #13
saldana
Pro Starter

its on pwheadlines.com as well...unbelievable...one of the best mat wrestlers left in WWE
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #14
molson
General Manager

This awful on so many levels.

Nightmare scenerio for the WWE in the middle of the Vince stuff. Vince better be front and center tonight so everyone knows this isn't part of the angle.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

LOL...WWE plays with fire, gets burned.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so true. The fact that it hasn't hit any of the major news media sites does make me wonder
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #17
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Except for the "fact" that a family of four was found dead in their home in Atlanta, yet there's no mention of it anywhere on any of the Atlanta news sites, or on either of the news stations I just logged in to.

{shurg}

Strange, but it doesn't surprise me that the WWE can scoop the news in a situation like this. Especially if Benoit and family were found by another wrestler living in the area. He could have been found just hours ago.

Last edited by molson : 06-25-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
LOL...WWE plays with fire, gets burned.

you become more of an ass every day

Last edited by Lathum : 06-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #19
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

god this is sad news.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #20
molson
General Manager

Another weird part of this is that it was reported yesterday that Benoit had to "rush home" for a family emergency, and that's why he missed Vengence. Of course, that could have just been the story WWE gave out when they couldn't find him.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
Jas_lov
College Starter

wrestlingobserver.com is reporting that Benoit's 7 year old son Daniel is also confirmed dead. His other two children are safe in Canada.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 06-25-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #22
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

QFT
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #23
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
so true. The fact that it hasn't hit any of the major news media sites does make me wonder

Very odd...although considering McMahon's stupid stunt, I'm sure they are being extremely cautious about reporting this.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #24
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
wrestlingobserver.com is reporting that Benoit's 17 year old son Daniel is also confirmed dead. His other two children are safe in Canada.

Okay good, I was trying to find out that bit of news. Small bit of silver lining in an otherwise horrible piece of news.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

Damn Lathum, if we weren't thinking the EXACT same thing
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Benoit left Saturday night to go home for a family emergency, thats all I've heard about it.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #27
MikeVic
Head Coach

Oh my god. I can't tell now if it's real or not. If it's an angle, I'm not watching WWE anymore. If him and his family are really dead, wow. They'd better stop the McMahon death angle.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

No chance it's an angle. As callous as this is lets be honest people, Benoit wouldn't have been the guy you put in an angle like this. I am not being a prick just stating the facts.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #29
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sorry, Saint Lathum.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #30
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Damn Lathum, if we weren't thinking the EXACT same thing

Go away, hillbilly
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #31
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

TNA Wrestling is reporting it too.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #32
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
No chance it's an angle. As callous as this is lets be honest people, Benoit wouldn't have been the guy you put in an angle like this. I am not being a prick just stating the facts.

Not really wanting to get too into this (as I sincerely hope that this isn't the case), but it's not like Benoit is not without his following. May not be the most charismatic guy out there, but pretty much a legend in Canada and with the smarks (that still the term) on the internet as well as wrestling purists.

I could not begin to describe the horror and disgust I'd feel if this is revealed to be an angle, and I sincerely hope that *if* it is, that Benoit had no choice other than to quit the company, and even then I'd be disappointed in him for allowing it to happen.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #33
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry, not an asswipe making jokes about an entire family having just died Lathum.

fixed it for ya, dick
Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Insult me all you want but you contribute nothing and at the same time think you are funny. I guess it's cool if you think making jokes about a guys family dying is cool but to me your exestince on this board is pointless.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #35
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Not really wanting to get too into this (as I sincerely hope that this isn't the case), but it's not like Benoit is not without his following. May not be the most charismatic guy out there, but pretty much a legend in Canada and with the smarks (that still the term) on the internet as well as wrestling purists.

I could not begin to describe the horror and disgust I'd feel if this is revealed to be an angle, and I sincerely hope that *if* it is, that Benoit had no choice other than to quit the company, and even then I'd be disappointed in him for allowing it to happen.

I am only trying to help convince people its real. I love Benoit and he is over but in an angle where performing on the mic and all that is needed, he isn't your guy. All I am saying.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #36
Travis
Pro Rookie

Some posters find a new way to redefine the need for the ignore feature every single day.

Congratulations on that Karli.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #37
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
fixed it for ya, dick

Where did I make a joke about a family dying? I never made a joke at all. I simply stated that the WWE did some stupid fake death angle, and now the whole party got crashed by a real life tragedy. Yeah, it sucks for Benoit's family..my condolensces....Maybe it's not the right thread to do it in, but negating to even mention the obvious irony would be....uhm...something.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
TNA Wrestling is reporting it too.

Don't follow wrestling anymore, but I'm still waiting for a "real" news outlet to pop this one. I cannot in a million years fathom this as an angle, but, well, there's the glimmer of doubt.

From all I've heard over the years, classy guy. Damn shame.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am only trying to help convince people its real. I love Benoit and he is over but in an angle where performing on the mic and all that is needed, he isn't your guy. All I am saying.

True enough, and while it'd obviously be preferable if this is some horribly thought up angle, I really don't buy that it is. The only thing that worries me is the nature of the news delivery. With everything being online (where his following truly is king) and the lack of any in ring/mic work to be done with it...

Really, mostly just shock/horror speaking now as well as a complete sense of dread over how things will be revealed. But for all that, I'd much rather be completely pissed off with the WWE for running such a horrible angle than to fully accept the probable truth.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Where did I make a joke about a family dying? I never made a joke at all. I simply stated that the WWE did some stupid fake death angle, and now the whole party got crashed by a real life tragedy. Yeah, it sucks for Benoit's family..my condolensces....Maybe it's not the right thread to do it in, but negating to even mention the obvious irony would be....uhm...something.

nice attempt at back peddaling
Old 06-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #41
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Holy crap.

This is awful.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #42
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
nice attempt at back peddaling

You have to be joking, dude.I'm not back-pedaling. What am I back-pedaling from? I'm not broken up at all by the death of Chris Benoit..I'll freely admit it....but to say that I was making a joke at the expense of his family is inaccurate..

Anyway, back to Chris Benoit.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #43
saldana
Pro Starter

some of the wrestling sites have stories halfway down their pages about the wwe dropping the vince is dead angle because of bad ratings and real news outlets making stories out of it being a hoax....i cant imagine they would run another one that includes a wife and kids..not even the wwe can be that classless...unless karlfornia worked there.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #44
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Top story at the top of the hour on WSB Radio is about a state Supreme Court decision. At least 45 minutes, and they haven't gotten in on the story. WSB must really be slippin'. {shurg}
Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #45
molson
General Manager

This is one of those deaths that will really sting people, Kali, so I understand their reaction. But I see what you're saying, wrestling is an absolutely ridiculous farce - ONLY in wrestling can you turn a fake memorial show into a real memorail show in a period of seconds. It's almost impossible to appreicate the magnitude of this tragedy, because the whole thing is so ridiculous.

Last edited by molson : 06-25-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #46
MikeVic
Head Coach

I think news places are skeptical because of the McMahon death thing that made a few of them look stupid for reporting an obviously fake death. But yeah, I still don't kno what to believe. And I'm still devasated as if he was really gone.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This is one of those deaths that will really sting people, Kali, so I understand their reaction. But I see what you're saying, wrestling is an absolutely ridiculous farce - ONLY in wrestling can you turn a fake memorial show into a real memorail show in a period of seconds. It's almost impossible to appreicate the magnitude of this tragedy, because the whole thing is so ridiculous.

Well said Molson.

Karl said nothing offensive (to me anyway, nothing offends me though) and he's going through the ringer for it. He is just commenting on how absurd it is to a common fan to think this seriously when the WWE has been promoting a fake death angle for weeks.

He is speaking for the majority I reckon.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #48
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Molson and Detox....I wuv you guys.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just posting something a buddy c/p from one website...

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #50
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Go away, hillbilly

How am I a hillbilly? I am from Houston, Tx... thanks
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote