Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Critch
lolzcat

Speedball 2 Remake

I loved this game back on my old amiga, so great news that it's getting an update for modern machines. Better graphics, online play, is it too soon to start a FOFC Speedball league?

trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FguFWf-ERvY

http://www.speedball2.com/

Unfortunately I'm old and my reactions are shot now, so not much chance of me leading Brutal Deluxe to the championship anymore.

Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

I can't wait for this to come out. I used to play the original Speedball on my old Tandy 1000 computer a long time ago.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Eilim
High School Varsity

Damn, how the heck did I miss this news. I absolutely loved the original, even tried to do my own remake with the Torque2d engine. Only problem was I got hooked back into playing the original in an emulator while doing "research".

Anyways, thanks for pointing this out, I will definitely be following this one from now on.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Antmeister
Pro Starter

The best fictional sports game of its time. I really, really hope they have some serious league play with all of those cool options to help your team advance. If I remember correctly, you could bribe the refs a few ways and get some cool powerups during gameplay.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Given how much people enjoy speedball, cyberball and blood bowl, why are there not more fictional sports games?

I'd love a sim football game like cyberball where you have to research or buy upgrades for your player, manage repairs and maintenance and such...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
PineTar
High School JV

I've longed for the day when someone would make a game based upon the 1975 version of the movie Rollerball.

Last edited by PineTar : 06-07-2007 at 05:13 PM.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #7
Groundhog
Coordinator

I remember when they launced a website for Speedball Online like... years ago. It wasn't updated basically since it was launched, and dissapeared shortly after.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Calis
College Starter

Did anyone ever give this a try? I was browsing around on Steam a few minutes ago and saw it on there.

Wondered if it was a decent remake or not. The reviews are on the low side, but with these type of games that tends to be the case regardless of quality.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineTar View Post
I've longed for the day when someone would make a game based upon the 1975 version of the movie Rollerball.

Actually someone did ... but it was a tabletop (i.e. dice & chart) game, not a computer game. There were at least two versions of it, although I played mostly with the re-release of the first one than I did with the heavier modified second version. One of the more interesting gaming experiences I've had in the last 10 years or so.

As far as I know it's still available in the downloads section at tabletop-sports.com :: Where rolling the dice is King!