Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2003, 10:27 AM   #1
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
What will the Buffy geeks do?

HOLLYWOOD, California (Variety) -- Sarah Michelle Gellar's done with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

The actress has confirmed to producer Joss Whedon something most industry insiders have assumed for months -- namely, that this season will be her last with the UPN series, according to people connected to the show.

Her departure also likely means "Buffy," at least in its current incarnation, will wrap in May, something that's also not much of a shocker, given the show's apocalyptic storylines this season.

Still to be decided: whether the producers and UPN will proceed with a new "Buffy" spinoff, or whether the franchise will simply end. WB Entertainment president Jordan Levin said Tuesday he's hopeful but not certain that "Angel," a "Buffy" spinoff launched in 1999, will be back next fall.

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The best show I hardly ever watched.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Malificent
High School JV

I'm hoping they'll just end Buffy and let Joss Whedon write something new - but give it a chance, unlike Fox did with Firefly.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #4
strayhorn
n00b

As much as I like Whedon, I thought Firefly lacked the witty humor that Buffy and Angel have. I watched almost all of the episodes, but for some reason the characters and the story seemed to be missing something.

The current Buffy storyline is kind of sucking and I think Whedon is trying to set up all kind of potential endings/spinoffs. We got a potential "slayer in training" spinoff, a Dawn the new slayer scenerio, and I hear that Faith will be making visits to both Angel and Buffy this season. I hope Angel makes it back though despite its erratic schedule as well.
strayhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:16 PM   #5
bbor
Pro Starter

Will she get nekkid now?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:56 PM   #6
Hawaii Warrior
n00b

Smallville is better

"The only way I will come back to the NFL is if the Lions hire June Jones as Head Coach..." -Barry Sanders

"When he threw the ball 38 straight times the other day, I said, 'That kid is my son,' " Mouse Davis said of June Jones.
Hawaii Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote