Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
saldana
Pro Starter

PING: ESPN Fantasy baseball owners - scoring problem

i know we already had a thread expounding upon the quality of the espn.com fantasy baseball system, but i thought this deserved a new one so it would actually get peoples attention, instead of bumping an old one that people might not read

if you are in a Head to Head Points league, and your settings are supposed to enforce a Maximum Number of Starts Allowed for your pitchers, the espn system only computes it on a day to day basis, not game by game.

for example, if you have a maximum of 12 starts allowed in a week, and on Friday, you have already used 11 of those starts, but have 3 pitchers starting on Saturday, the scoring system will allow all 3 of those stat lines to count, because it cant figure out which game started first, and then exclude the last two. so you would end up getting 14 starts for the week instead of 12.

the system will not allow any more starts on sunday, but that is because it is already over the 12 start maximum.

we had a guy in my league that figured this out before anyone else and has been setting his lineup to do exactly what i used as my example...when the commissioner asked him why he was doing it if he knew we were only allowed 14 starts, his answer was "i thought it meant 14 starts each day" (we only have 8 starters positions)

just wanted to give people a heads up...we went back through all our boxscores and found how many times he had gone over 14, then found a schedule with start times on it and manually removed the points from his 15th and 16th starters from his totals for that week.

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote