Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

PSA for anyone travelling in the U.S. by Air

As some might recall, I currently travel every week for business, so this news was of particular interest to me. Over the past couple of months, I've had several confirmed reports from co-workers and associates about similar problems with their luggage. Basically, what's happening to people is that when they pack things in their checked luggage (and yes, you try to avoid checking luggage as a business traveler, but sometimes you can't) that you'd normally carry on, like laptop docks, cellphone chargers, laptop/iPod speakers, etc... the bags in question are getting pulled by the TSA, having the tags stripped from them (which makes it harder for the airline to find them again), and the items in question (almost always electronic) are going missing. In no case that I know of has there been an explanation from the TSA, and everyone I know to whom this has happened is still working through the bureaucracy trying to get their possessions back from the TSA.

So, I'm not sure if this is the result of some new rule, but if you're planning on travelling in the US via air in the near future, be careful what you pack in your checked luggage.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Klinglerware
College Starter

Sounds like petty theft to me...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Special thanks to the TSA and their authoritarian fiats that helped make this possible.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

My bag got searched on the way home from my trip to Wisconsin. No issues, but then, all I ever check are clothing and toiletries.

If it's expensive, it goes in the carry-on. Always has.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote