Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2007 NBA Playoffs Thread

The Toronto crowd seems pretty happy that Vince Carter is back. Ha. He's got 15 points.

The Nets lead 94-88. It's kinda nice to see Toronto into the playoffs, that team has really do a number for that city and the audience is in all red.

But I think the Nets should be able to pull it out.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
hoopsguy
General Manager

Watching the Bulls game, Shaq looks great and would be even better if the refs weren't calling some tough fouls on him.

The Bulls have to be pleased to be where they are at this point with one three and Heinrich playing five minutes because of foul trouble. That offense really does not run well at all with Gordon at point.

Deng is going to score 30+ this series if they leave Wade on him - I'm expecting to see an adjustment on that matchup. And I'm pretty surprised with how good Sefalosha has looked guarding him, although the Bulls are going to be in real trouble if they have to go with that look for more than 10-12 minutes a game - would imply that Heinrich is still picking up idiot fouls.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Refs are all over Hinrich today but he's really got to keep his emotions to himself. That technical hurt.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Heat have to be real aggressive now. Get the ball in the paint on every possession.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

And Tyrus shows just what kind of playmaking potential he has. He has had flashes of them all year long, I only hope he's able to sustain that kind of energy and become a smarter player as his career progresses.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
miami_fan
Coordinator

Shaq has 5 fouls, D-Wade has 5 fouls, Kapono has got 4 points. And the Heat are only down 6 with 6 to play. I'll take it.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dola, and the Bulls should have traded Luol Deng when they had the chance. He is KILLING the Heat.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
kingfc22
Head Coach

Luol Deng is en fuego!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
miami_fan
Coordinator

Gotta get that rebound there!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
miami_fan
Coordinator

Damn!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

I can't wait for tonight. God how I hate the Jazz...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

The refs really impacted that game, with silly calls on both teams the whole way. That said, the Bulls should have put that one away, winning by 15+ but instead had to sweat it on in the final minute.

I'm definitely looking forward to Jazz/Rockets this evening - haven't gotten many opportunities to see either team all that much this year and they both feature former Illini playing big roles in their 2nd year.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The Bulls - Heat series is going to be a struggle the entire time. The two teams flat out hate eachother and it could get very physical as frustrations pile.

The Bulls are one of the youngest teams in the league but I am hoping the last two years have provided the playoff experience they need to take it to the next level now. They certainly aren't afraid of the Heat.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Great...Rockets starting PF Chuck Hayes' girlfriend went into labor today and Chuck's availability for tonight's game is up in the air.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
The Bulls - Heat series is going to be a struggle the entire time. The two teams flat out hate eachother and it could get very physical as frustrations pile.

The Bulls are one of the youngest teams in the league but I am hoping the last two years have provided the playoff experience they need to take it to the next level now. They certainly aren't afraid of the Heat.

It looked like the refs were trying to set the tone for the series by calling the game really tight. No I am not blaming the refs for the loss, just calling it like I see it. Eddie Jones has to play better D on Deng and he has to make Deng work on th defensive end of the floor. Two points and four shot attempts is not going to cut it.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
It looked like the refs were trying to set the tone for the series by calling the game really tight. No I am not blaming the refs for the loss, just calling it like I see it. Eddie Jones has to play better D on Deng and he has to make Deng work on th defensive end of the floor. Two points and four shot attempts is not going to cut it.

Jones doesn't have the athleticism anymore to do either. He shouldn't be on Deng defensively at all. And Jones isn't going to make anyone work on his own. At this stage of his career, he is a jump shooter (like Kapono, only older and slower) and needs to be set up within the frame of the offense. Of course, with Shqa and Wade and Walker to attract attention, that still means he can get open when double teams inevitably break away. Obviously, he has to hit those shots when he gets them.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #17
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Jones doesn't have the athleticism anymore to do either. He shouldn't be on Deng defensively at all. And Jones isn't going to make anyone work on his own. At this stage of his career, he is a jump shooter (like Kapono, only older and slower) and needs to be set up within the frame of the offense. Of course, with Shqa and Wade and Walker to attract attention, that still means he can get open when double teams inevitably break away. Obviously, he has to hit those shots when he gets them.

Eddie has been taking the ball to the glass frequently since he came back to the Heat. I am not expecting him to drive 95% of the time. Hell, I am just looking for it 25%. The main reason for Jones being back in Miami is for his defense. That is why he played 30 MPG in the regular season. If he can't stay with Deng, they might as well put Posey back in the starting lineup.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #18
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Great...Rockets starting PF Chuck Hayes' girlfriend went into labor today and Chuck's availability for tonight's game is up in the air.

crap. i hope he shows up anyways
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
JeeberD
General Manager

Sweet...he's gonna play!

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2007/04/t...me_of_the.html

Quote:
Rockets forward Chuck Hayes just arrived a short time ago, and will play tonight.

His girlfriend delivered their first child, a boy, today. His availability for tonight's game against the Jazz was uncertain during the day. But everything went well. Mother and baby are fine. And Hayes is heading to the practice court to go over a few things.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #20
hoopsguy
General Manager

As a Bulls fan, I was delighted with the decision early to put Wade on Deng. Deng struggled against Miami this year and doesn't have a good playoff track record (very small sample set, but ...) so I was really happy to see him go aggressively at Wade from the outset.

The Heat were really aggressive in sending a second man at Gordon, which is a big part of why he got all of his assists, and a few stupid turnovers as well. I'm wondering if they would keep that same strategy up for a full game if Heinrich is also in the lineup, or if it was just something they did to attack Gordon's handle when he had to play more point today.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #21
JeeberD
General Manager

T-minus 10 minutes to launch...

Old 04-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
JeeberD
General Manager

F'ing Magic and Pistons...end already!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #23
JeeberD
General Manager

Nice start, Rox...

Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #24
JeeberD
General Manager

Way to end the first quarter, Juwan!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

TMac needs to come to play in the second half if we're going to pull this game out. One freakin' point? Come on, Tracy!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

Derek Fisher...LOL!!!!

Edit: For those of you not watching the game, he just botched a 3 on 1 layup...

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-21-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #27
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hahaha. Did I just see a 3-on-none end in no basket??
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #28
JeeberD
General Manager

I LOVE TMAC!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so this is how Jeebs gets so many posts...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #30
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Luther Head

Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #31
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so this is how Jeebs gets so many posts...

It's not my fault that no one else is conversing about the game with me...

Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #32
JeeberD
General Manager

Have I mentioned yet that I love TMac?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It's not my fault that no one else is conversing about the game with me...

because basketball sucks
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #34
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The Rockets have two of the most underrated players in the league in Hayes and Battier..
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #35
JeeberD
General Manager

I LOVE Chuck Hayes. Scrappy as hell, and almost went to UTEP before deciding on Kentucky...

Old 04-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #36
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Derek Fisher...LOL!!!!

Edit: For those of you not watching the game, he just botched a 3 on 1 layup...

Heh, that wound up on YouTube QUICK!

Way to come back, Rockets! Lets get another win on Monday!

Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #37
MrBug708
Head Coach

D Fish still has one of the greatest shots ever made
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:55 AM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
D Fish still has one of the greatest shots ever made

Well, yeah, I can't think of any other critical shot in a key NBA playoff game where the space-time was warped to allow a one second shot take only 0.4 seconds.

When the very physics of our universe are affected, have to give love to that shot.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:25 AM   #39
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
because basketball sucks

I love how someone who hates basketball clicks on a thread entitled "NBA Playoffs Thread". Not trying to start an argument, but you wouldn't catch me in a NASCAR discussion thread.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #40
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

My Magic could have held the Pistons closer yesterday if only they'd hit some free throws. Probably gonna get swept, might stretch it out to a 4-1 defeat.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #41
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Thumbs down Worse than Fisher's ...

That Derek Fisher blown lay-up was bad, but this one is definitely way worse than that ...

Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Shoulda layed it up with the left, there. Elementary basketball is lost in the NBA...

Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #43
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
Shoulda layed it up with the left, there. Elementary basketball is lost in the NBA...

I don't know if it was him not practicing fundamentals or if his original intention was to dunk it, then changed his mind for whatever reason in mid-air and decided to try to lay it in, but either way, Christ dude at least hit the rim ...
Old 04-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #44
JeeberD
General Manager

He did hit the rim...the bottom of it!

Edit: Crap, that was actually the bottom of the glass, wasn't it? Even worse!

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-22-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #45
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I don't think I'm allowed to laugh at Fisher. In an all star game a few years back in high school, I picked the pocket of the guy I was defending and had a layup all to myself. As I went up, I slipped (I swear it was a slippery part of the floor) and completely botched 1 on 0 free two points.

Those in attendance never let me forget about that one, to this day.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #46
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
He did hit the rim...the bottom of it!

Edit: Crap, that was actually the bottom of the glass, wasn't it? Even worse!

Yeah, I was just about say "watch it again" because he doesn't even hit the net, much less the bottom of the rim.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #47
JeeberD
General Manager

Ugh, two teams that I thoroughly dislike. Who root for, Fakers or Puns?

Old 04-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #48
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ugh, two teams that I thoroughly dislike. Who root for, Fakers or Puns?

Puns. at least then we dont have to see the circle-jerking the media do over Kobe
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #49
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10 View Post
That Derek Fisher blown lay-up was bad, but this one is definitely way worse than that ...

Yeah, lol, i hate david wesley.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I know, we're not even on the second page so complaining about how long the playoffs is might be a tad premature, but I hate how the games are every 2 days. I'd love to see another Rockets game tonight.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-22-2007 at 06:10 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote