Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The OFFICIAL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Wow...I've never made an official thread before

First round predicitions anyone?

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 5. Nobody sweeps anyone anymore, right?

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Devils in 6. Madden/Pandolfo shut down Vinny/Marty.

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Rangers in 7. Rangers just playing WAY better than the Thrashers right now.

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Penguins in 6. Homer pick alert Seriously, Ottawa disappoints every year.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Wings in 7. Calgary a damn good 8 seed, but Wings have to win a series sometime, right?

(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Ducks in 6. I really want to pick the Wild...but can't.

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Stars in 7. Does VAN have any scoring?

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Preds in 6. SJ disappoints every year (see Ottawa above)

Outside of the Sabres/Isles matchup, all the series could go either way. I think the teams are that close.

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Obviously, I hope for two things in the first round as a Devils fan:

1. The Devils defeat the Lightning
2. The Rangers stink it up in the playoffs like they did last year
Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Please let this be the year for the Sharks. PLEASE!!!!!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Turco is in denial about his playoff problems. Vancouver in 6. I haven't watched enough hockey this year to make any other predictions, other than the fact that the Sabers will lose the cup on a goal scored by a Western Conference team that goes through the net, but the officials will refuse to review the play.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
Green Caesar
n00b

I'll play ...

EAST
Sabres over Islanders in 4 ... Sabres have Ryan Miller, Islanders don't.
Devils over Lightning in 5 ... Who bets against Brodeur?
Thrashers over Rangers in 7 ... {HOMER PICK}
Penguins over Senators in 6 ... not a question of if the Senators choke, its when
WEST
Red Wings over Flames in 7 ... Calgary is a tough out
Wild over Ducks in 6 ... just a hunch
Canucks over Stars in 7 ... tough series goes to home team in game 7
Predators over Sharks in 6 ... Nashville looks good
Green Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First round predictions anyone?
Sure, why not?

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 5.
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Lightning in 7.
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Thrashers in 6
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Penguins in 5.
West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Wings in 6.
(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Ducks in 5.
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Stars in 7.
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Preds in 5.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You purchased 2 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Atlanta Thrashers Playoffs - Round 1- Home Game 2
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA
Date TBA It's 3pm Saturday March 14

Seat location: section 311, row F, seats 15-16
Total Charge: $137.05
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 4.

I love Dubelweicz or however you spell his name. Any guy who likens himself after Yoda is A-Ok in my book. Buffalo is getting healthy and they are just that good. I saw that Deron Quint was playing for the Islanders and, but for a German suspension, Todd Simpson would have. That's not a good sign for the Isles.

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Devils in 5.

Tampa has a huge question in net and the Devils do not. I don't know if it's going to be the 25% rule or whatever the hell was going on last year, but I don't see the Lightning rallying.

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Atlanta in 7.

Could be a great series. Atlanta has many question marks going into the post-season. It will be the first time for the team and I don't know if they have any proven playoff preformers, Tkachuk certainly is not. The Rangers folded horribly last year. Lundqvist was shaky. If Shanahan performs like he did the last few seasons with the Wings, the Rangers are in big trouble. In the course of this poorly written paragraph, I have changed my own mind.

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh 6.

Could be the best series in the east. Certainly the toughest. Ottawa does disappoint, but the Pens are awfully young and go in with an untested goalie, that's always a huge wild card. I will go with Pitt. I don't know why exactly.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Calgary in 6.

The Wings' health is a big concern. Bertuzzi has a concussion, Zetterberg's back is very iffy, and Calgary is exactly the type of team the Wings lose to. Despite the 7-2 win Saturday, the Wings have not been playing all that well.

(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Ducks in 6.

Pronger and Niedermayer are very good. I think the Ducks goalies will come through. Backstrom is untested in the playoffs.

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Vancouver in 5.

Until Turco can prove otherwise, he cannot be trusted in the post-season.

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - San Jose in 6.

San Jose is too big, strong, and fast for Nashville to handle. Thornton has never played well in the playoffs, but I think that will change and they have enough players around him that it wont matter.

Outside of the Sabres/Isles matchup, all the series could go either way. I think the teams are that close.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

You know, I wish I could feel as confident in the Devils as some of you guys. I'm just constantly wondering who's going to score the goals for New Jersey. Gionta has been hurt this year, Elias has been hurt this year, Gomez doesn't score anymore, and Langenbrunner is so streaky that he sometimes can't hit the net if he's standing in the crease. That pretty much leaves Zach Parise, and while I love him, he needs at least two or three of his teammates to turn their games on.

Obviously, Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league today. He's one of the best ever. He's just not going to win an entire playoff series by himself. I don't know much about the Lightning, and maybe they're no match for the Devils, but only 5 Devils are positive in the +/- category. It's hard to feel confident in a team - even a division winner - that doesn't have any skaters whom you can absolutely count on. Brodeur is a lock, but every other player on that team a question mark, and I don't feel good about that.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I hate you all.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I hate you all.

Thanks. The impact of the Islanders win yesterday was probably the thing that made Thrashers fans the happiest
Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought Don Cherry's comments after the Toronto/Montreal game were classic. He basically said that it would not be "fair" if New Jersey did not start Brodeur against the Islanders and that Lamoriello should do it and, if not, he would pay for it somewhere down the line. Then he started going off an how some poor kid would pay all of this money to go see the Devils and not get to see Brodeur play. He really pulled out all the stops.

I feel bad Toronto is not in the playoffs. There's always an extra buzz in the air on CBC when Toronto are playing. Granted, I don't think that buzz would have lasted longer than 4 games, but so be it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

LOL... not like Brodeur hasn't played in enough games . I think he earned at least one game's rest!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
You know, I wish I could feel as confident in the Devils as some of you guys. I'm just constantly wondering who's going to score the goals for New Jersey. Gionta has been hurt this year, Elias has been hurt this year, Gomez doesn't score anymore, and Langenbrunner is so streaky that he sometimes can't hit the net if he's standing in the crease. That pretty much leaves Zach Parise, and while I love him, he needs at least two or three of his teammates to turn their games on.

Obviously, Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league today. He's one of the best ever. He's just not going to win an entire playoff series by himself. I don't know much about the Lightning, and maybe they're no match for the Devils, but only 5 Devils are positive in the +/- category. It's hard to feel confident in a team - even a division winner - that doesn't have any skaters whom you can absolutely count on. Brodeur is a lock, but every other player on that team a question mark, and I don't feel good about that.

They have been really shaky this year and this isn't the sort of Devils club that I'm sold on like in past years. But at the same time, I think Lou fired the coach like he seems to do every year, because he wants another Cup and he wants it under his watch. I have a feeling he'll light a fire under them and they'll come out and do what they usually do in the playoffs - win the Cup - or lose in the first round.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 4. The Isles are an average team in an average conference. The Sabres are an excellent team in said average conference.

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Lightning in 7. I think this is the series in the East that proves to be the shocker. Madden and Pandolfo are great defensivley but I think Marty and Vinny will help lead the Lightning in four of the seven which is all they need to do. Marty is gonna' be tested a lot.

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Thrashers in 6. Rangers are playing better hockey but (Wings biased) Shannahan disappears in the postseason. If he gets rolling I'd say flip the pick but I don't see it happening.

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Penguins in 6. The Penguins just don't know any better when it comes to the Playoffs. In this case the youth wins over the experience.

West

(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Flames in 6. Wings will lose game two, then get swept in Calgary. They'll bring it it 3-2 in game five but will not win in the Saddledome all series.

(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Ducks in 5. Ducks have too much defense and goaltending for an offense that's not that explosive.

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Canucks in 6. Sorry Devs fans but this year Roberto is the best goalie in the NHL and Dallas is as limited offensivley as Vancouver.

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Sharks in 7. Preds have yet to show much in the playoffs as is the case with the Sharks. The Preds also don't have a #1 goalie. You can't win without a number one, even if you have two capabale guys. Expect Trotz to use both and it bites him in the ass.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #16
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think if there is anything the last decade or so of hockey have shown us, it's the either the Devils take the East, or a team from the South takes the East (Caps, Lightning, Hurricanes). Since I think the Devils are getting old and slow, and Tampa Bay already won a cup, I predict a nightmare for all the diehard hockey fans:

Nashville over Atlanta in 6 for the Cup
Old 04-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #17
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm surprised to see everyone picking the Pens over Ottawa.

Mark my words, the Sens have a "2006 Colts" vibe happening this year. They always choked when they were the favorites, but now that the pressure is off, look out...
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want to jinx my sabres.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 AM   #19
Karim
College Starter

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 5. Getting in with the last game of the year gives the Isles one game.

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Devils in 6. Lecavalier and company can't score enough to cover their goaltending deficiencies but will score enough to win two games.

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Rangers in 5. Lehtonen and Kovalchuk show up for one game only.

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Penguins in 7. Upstart Penguins pull it out with Fleury being the story.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Detroit in 6. Calgary's been inconsistent all year and the playoffs are no different.

(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Anaheim in 6. Not sold on Backstrom, Gaborik or Demitra in the playoffs.

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Vancouver in 7. Brutal physical series with neither team advancing past this round. Luongo shows he's the real deal. Questions remain with Turco despite playing well.

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Sharks in 6. The biggest team in the NHL pounds the snot out of the team no one cares about.

A Buffalo/San Jose final with the President's Trophy winner taking it all.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #20
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm surprised to see everyone picking the Pens over Ottawa.

I can agree...and that's as a Pens fan.

I think part of the feeling is, after that 14-0-2 run, everyone expected a collapse. Especially with a 17 game schedule in March. All they did was go 12-3-2 in that stretch.

I am not expecting a Cup parade in June. But I'm not expecting to be golfing next week either.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #21
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Over the last two days or so, I have been glancing over most "experts'" picks for the first round of the playoffs.

I would say that 75-80% of these "experts" (myself incldued) have picked Calgary to beat Detroit in the first round. There is logic to this pick.

What I am officialy fed up with, however, is experts who make this pick and call it an "upset" or, even worse, their "favorite upset vote" (I am looking at you Fischler...).

If the majority of "experts" think that Calgary will beat Detroit, that's no longer an upset. In fact, this could be the first time that a #1 seed ever went into a first round playoff series as the underdog.

Game 1 will be huge. If Detroit loses Game 1 all of the old demons will come out. Heads will be hung low, questions will be asked, and the old fear will grip the Wings. Do the Wings have the leadership to rally back from that? Tough to say...

Also, it appears as if Bertuzzi wont be in the line-up for game one. He's still suffering from a concussion he sustained when he ran over Osgood in second-to-last game of the season. Zetterberg is expected to play, however, so that's good.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
sabotai
General Manager

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Sabres in 6. Just to be different...

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Lightning in 6

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Atlanta in 7

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Penguins in 6.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Wings in 6

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Canucks in 5

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Nashville in 7
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #23
Travis
Pro Rookie

East
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Jersey in 7.
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Thrashers in 6
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Sens in 6.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Wings in 7.
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Canucks in 5.
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Preds in 6.

Edit to note: I hit 7 of 8 first round series in last years office pool, so I have to assume a maximum of 3 correct picks this year to offset that.

Last edited by Travis : 04-10-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #24
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Over the last two days or so, I have been glancing over most "experts'" picks for the first round of the playoffs.

I would say that 75-80% of these "experts" (myself incldued) have picked Calgary to beat Detroit in the first round

That's interesting as I've seen the exact opposite. The entire crew on TSN picked Detroit and only Watters on Sportsnet picked Calgary. And from the print and online media, it's been predominantly Detroit.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #25
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

East
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Buffalo 4-1
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - NJ 4-2 I think this has the potential to be a good series if TB's goalie can step up.
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - NYR 4-2
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh 4-3 A lot of unknowns in this series. If you look at Pittsburgh's winning streak, quite a few of those wins came via a Shootout. They became a good shootout team and I think they actually played for them in the 2nd half of the season. Plus no one really knows how the young guys will react. This is a chance for Ottawa to get rid of some past playoff demons. Should be a good series, I'll be there for Game 4.

West (These are pure guesses)
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Detroit 4-2
(2) Anaheim vs. (7) Minnesota - Anaheim 4-1
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Vancouver 4-1
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - San Jose 4-3
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #26
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

A couple thousand tickets for Game 6 of the PIT-OTT series go on sale in about 20 minutes. I'm really on the fence about if I want to spend the money or not. I've never been to an NHL playoff game before, but it's a pretty decent chunk of cash. I need to do some quick thinking.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #27
RendeR
Coordinator

THe first round is always the one where the upsets happen, if only because there are more chances for it. I'm not sold on some of the top seeds this season:

East
THe Sabres have the Isle's number this season, NY has very week goaltending and they never seem to play as a team, its a random star getting their glory when it happens. Teams win, and the Sabres are the best all around team in the east.

(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Tampa Bay - Tampa in 7.
I really like jersey, always have had a soft spot for them, but I'm just not convinced this year. At times they look older and slower than detroit and at others they look amazing. Tampa's scoring always wakes up in the playoffs. I think they sneak past marty in this one.

(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Thrashers in 5
The Rangers are the antithesis of the yankees, they buy up good talent for rediculous prices and then suck. I'll rarely ever pick the rangers, they've disspointed more fans than the cubs.

(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh. Pens in 6.
This is a bit of a tough one. I WANT the pens to win this series because I'm sick to death of the senators causing my Sabres trouble that said though this is the series that could change the way the entire east falls out. If the pens cave in due to youth and inexperience (and piss poor goaltending) then that may give the senators enough confidence to go out and play very well in round 2 before caving in as they do in round 3. GO PENGUINS.

West
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Flames in 6.
Never been a more perfect matchup for a first round upset of the wings. And Detroit is older than dirt. Hasek can't save this Redwings team.

I hate to admit it, but the Wild are just not ready for this series. Anaheim is a strong club with proven talent. minnesota still has to pull together a few more pieces of the playoff puzzle before they move on.

(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Canucks in 6.
Single toughest series to pick. Vancouver's defense or Dallas' offense? Defense wins in the playoffs so I give the nods to Vancouver. honestly this one could go in any number of games to either team.

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Sharks in 6.
Can't say it enough, Defense Defense Defense. Sharks win more one goals games in this series to upset Nashville. The preds looked dominant early in the season, but early season means squat now. Sharks are on a roll.

Lets go SABRES! One Team, One Dream baby!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #28
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A couple thousand tickets for Game 6 of the PIT-OTT series go on sale in about 20 minutes. I'm really on the fence about if I want to spend the money or not. I've never been to an NHL playoff game before, but it's a pretty decent chunk of cash. I need to do some quick thinking.

I got two tickets in F (I can stand and touch the roof) for $150 for Game 4. If you want them get them quick.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #29
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I got two tickets in F (I can stand and touch the roof) for $150 for Game 4. If you want them get them quick.
Thanks, but due to work, I won't be able to make it to Pittsburgh in time for a 7pm start on a Tuesday. I'll be stuck in Latrobe until at least 6:00, and then I'd have go to home, change, and drag the wife out the door. I'd never make it.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #30
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, but due to work, I won't be able to make it to Pittsburgh in time for a 7pm start on a Tuesday. I'll be stuck in Latrobe until at least 6:00, and then I'd have go to home, change, and drag the wife out the door. I'd never make it.

Good thing Game 6 is a Sunday at 1pm
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #31
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I think the Wild are getting underestimated a bit. If Gaborik hadn't missed a couple months early in the season, they would have won their division. They have two lines that can score. And Backstrom is the real deal. I think the Wild will at least push the series to 7 games.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #32
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Excuses, excuses
Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #33
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
I think the Wild are getting underestimated a bit. If Gaborik hadn't missed a couple months early in the season, they would have won their division. They have two lines that can score. And Backstrom is the real deal. I think the Wild will at least push the series to 7 games.

I really do agree, and I wish I had enough faith in them to pick them. I really like this team and think they could do a lot this year, but I'm just not convinced they have enough pieces to make the big playoff run. I KNOW Aneheim has those pieces, hence my dissapointed choice.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #34
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The correct answers are:

EAST
Sabres over Islanders in 4
Devils over Lightning in 5
Rangers over Thrashers in 6
Senators over Penguins in 5

WEST
Red Wings over Flames in 5
Ducks over Wild in 6
Canucks over Stars in 6
Sharks over Preds in 7

Stanley Cup pick: Anahiem over Ottawa.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #35
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
The correct answers are:

EAST
Sabres over Islanders in 4
Devils over Lightning in 5
Rangers over Thrashers in 6
Senators over Penguins in 5

WEST
Red Wings over Flames in 5
Ducks over Wild in 6
Canucks over Stars in 6
Sharks over Preds in 7

Stanley Cup pick: Anahiem over Ottawa.

The Senators on the finals? You do belief in miricles don't you I just c an't see that team going anywhere, its got no heart.

I'm just glad Toronto is out, they gave Buffalo fits this season.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #36
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
The Senators on the finals? You do belief in miricles don't you I just can't see that team going anywhere, its got no heart.
The Senators fold whenever they run into any adversity. I think they're good enough to get through the first two rounds without hitting much in the way of adversity. That sets up a showdown with Buffalo in the conference finals, which I think is the worst possible matchup for the Sabres.

The Senators were ready to blow the team up back in November. They went into Buffalo, and the Sabres had a chance to bury them. They couldn't get it done, and Ottawa's been one of the best teams in the league ever since. The Sabres couldn't finish them back then when they were on the ropes, I'm not sure they can do it now.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #37
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
The Senators fold whenever they run into any adversity. I think they're good enough to get through the first two rounds without hitting much in the way of adversity. That sets up a showdown with Buffalo in the conference finals, which I think is the worst possible matchup for the Sabres.

The Senators were ready to blow the team up back in November. They went into Buffalo, and the Sabres had a chance to bury them. They couldn't get it done, and Ottawa's been one of the best teams in the league ever since. The Sabres couldn't finish them back then when they were on the ropes, I'm not sure they can do it now.
Sooooo, that Ottawa media finally got to you, huh?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What a joke. All 3 NY area teams play Thursday night. How stupid is the NHL?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #39
Pyser
Pro Rookie

am i reading the schedules right where the devils arent on national tv for game 1? and for some reason the $150 i spent on center ice doenst carry any playoff games right now either??

anyone?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #40
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
am i reading the schedules right where the devils arent on national tv for game 1? and for some reason the $150 i spent on center ice doenst carry any playoff games right now either??

anyone?

I am not sure about that first part, but I thought Center Ice carried at least the first (and perhaps second) round games, no?

I must check...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #41
kingfc22
Head Coach

That sure looked like a deliberate shot at the legs of Cheechoo after he tried to side step the hit. And the way he left the ice was not very promosing.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #42
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am not sure about that first part, but I thought Center Ice carried at least the first (and perhaps second) round games, no?

I must check...

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice.html#q2
Are NHL playoff games included in NHL® CENTER ICE®?
Yes, select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs are included in your NHL CENTER ICE subscription.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #43
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
am i reading the schedules right where the devils arent on national tv for game 1?

Looks that way, Versus apparently took Flames-Red Wings instead.

And looking ahead, it appears that none of the Devils first four games are currently scheduled for a national audience in the US.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #44
kingfc22
Head Coach

All Rissmiller had to do was send the puck down the ice. Now the Sharks have to try and turn back on the offense to win this in OT.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #45
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice.html#q2
Are NHL playoff games included in NHL® CENTER ICE®?
Yes, select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs are included in your NHL CENTER ICE subscription.

that may be but none seem to be on their schedule so far. what a crock.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #46
st.cronin
General Manager

Marty Turco + the Playoffs = disaster

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #47
General Mike
Pro Starter

My picks, and I know it's late:

Sabres in 4
Devils in 5
Rangers in 6
Penguins in 7

Flames in 7
Ducks in 5
Canucks in 6
Predators in 6
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #48
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
that may be but none seem to be on their schedule so far. what a crock.
For the record, I'm watching the Sharks and Predators (second overtime coming up!) on NHL Center Ice right now.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #49
kingfc22
Head Coach

Come on Sharks
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #50
Pyser
Pro Rookie

thanks pumpy! its not on the schedule here, but it is on. phew!

can you tell me what channel the devs game is supposed to be on tomorrow, if your cable system has a schedule?