Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A Mini-Dynasty: PG Klayton Meyers

I wasn't planning on writing a College Hoops 2k7 dynasty, but I've fallen in love with this freshman PG and I'm going to write a mini-dynasty about his time here. I'm in my 6th year coaching and have a career record of approximately 83-66. I'm in my 4th year at Drexel and we went to the tourney for the first time last year behind 3 senior G's and a JR PF/C who is 7'0 240 and talented. We were beat in the 1st round by a talented Louisville team (4th seed) that went to the elite 8.

I was tempted to move to another school, but none of the jobs were in significantly bigger conferences, so I stayed. I'm very glad I did as our #1 recruit is even better than I thought he would be. PG Klayton Meyers is a 6'1 170 pound Freshman from Brooklyn, NY. He turned down an offer from Rutgers to come play for us. He was ranked #224 overall and #46 at the PG position coming out of HS. He has very good dribbling ability, very good passing, very good speed, and a good outside shot with range behind the arc. He is also a good on ball defender, already. I wish I began following his career from the first day, but I didn't.

He immediately displaced my projected starter at PG Daniel Baldwin who is a good PG in his own right. Klayton started off the bench the first game, but was clearly better than Baldwin and has been a starter ever since. We are 4-1 with our only loss being a blowout to a much better LSU team. In 5 games, Klayton is averaging 28.6 MPG, 9.8 PPG, 5.6 APG, 1.4 SPG, and 1.2 RPG. Everyone around him is playing better as he is penetrating at will against inferior competition and creating open shots. He also is playing very good on ball defense. I'm currently up 35-14 midway through the 1st half because he has played so lights out this game against an admittedly weak Prairie View Panthers team. Klayton has 11 points and 5 assists in 14 minutes so far and he has me playing at 1:00 AM as I want to get in just one more game. I'll go over the rest of my team as we go on, but the main beneficiary of Klayton's passes is our senior leader, 7' C Bingo Wilmont.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-09-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the 12 minutes, he (and the rest of my starters) played in the first half, we scored 35 points and only allowed 13.

In the next 8 minutes (I let everyone rest a long time since we had such a big lead), we score 18 more.

At halftime, we are up 53-21. Freshman SG Chad Daley from Patterson. NJ had a good 8 minutes off the bench. He'll be the starter at SG next year more than likely after senior Zach Kroger graduates.

With 9 minutes left, I pull our starters since it is a blow out. 84-45 at that point.

Meyers stat line for the game: 21 minutes played, 17 points, 10 assists (his first career double double!), 1 board, 2 steals, and only 1 turnover. He shot 7 of 10 from the field and 3 of 4 from the line. He was 0 of 2 on 3 pointers.

Wilmont only got a few of those assists as Klayton really spread it around. However, Wilmont had 21 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks in 21 minutes. He shot 10 of 13 from the field.

We slowed it WAY down the last 9 minutes. Final score 95-55.

Wilmont was the player of the game, but Klayton was great.

Freshman SG Chad Daley (6'4 182) had 13 points, 1 assist, and 1 steal as the main guy on the 2nd stringer. He was 6 of 11 from the field. We are still inconsistent behind the arc and were 1 of 15 from there. Otherwise, that was the best game I've had as coach of this team, albeit against a weak team.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My College Hoops playing for tonight ends with another 1st. I managed to sign 2 guys in the early signing period! This is the first time, I've gotten more than 1 to sign early.

Bronski Montague is a tough JC Freshman from Baltimore Maryland who is a pure hustle guy who should be a good defender.

Jorge Dunleavy is a 6'8 229 pound JC Freshman PF (I'll probably play him at SF) from Brooklyn NY who has a very good outside shot, above average quickness, above average leaping ability, and very good hustle rating.

Unfortunately, we didn't get Will Trammell to sign early. Will Trammell is a 6'4 SG who could have been an elite running mate for Klayton. Like Klayton, I've worked on Will since his sophomore year. We have him very interested in us, but without him signing early, I think he is too good not to be wooed by a bigger team and get stolen from us. Like Klayton, he is a Mr. Basketball for his state - Ohio. Dayton has been our main competition for him, but we've been recruiting him so hard, that we are believed to be in the lead..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Good stuff. I'll be reading.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

nI forgot to mention that I always sim half of my games (every other game regardless of who the opponent is.) I do this because I like the sim engine to help even out my stats with other sim engine players and also so I can get through a season quicker.

Our 6th game of the year is hosting a solid Vermont team that we are slightly favored over.

We beat them 63-53. Klayton had 9 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals on 3 of 5 shooting (2 of 3 beyond the arc.)

Bingo Wilmont was once again our leading scorer with 22 points, 5 boards, and a block on 8 of 17 shooting.

In 12 minutes, Daley did nothing.

Our next game, which I'll be playing over the next hour or so, is at a very good UNC Wilmington team, and it is our first conference game of the year (wierd scheduling this year since it is only December 6th and I have a few more non-conference games.) They are rated 85 overall while we are rated 80 overall. Their team unity is very daunting as they are starting 4 seniors. PG Quincy Stevens is much higher rated than Klayton and this will be Klayton's first big challenge besides the LSU game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-09-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
GobBluth
n00b

Is it easier to dribble penetrate in the 360 version? That's about my only complaint with the Xbox games, my guards are pretty limited offensively if they can't shoot.
GobBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first 7 minutes were an absolute defensive battle as both teams only scored 5 points. Klayton scored 3 of them. Then, Bingo hurt his knee. That opened up the middle for them despite the fact that I have a very good sophomore backup C who will start next year named Garik Chancler from Philly. He is 6'10 242 and was a highly recruited player two years ago (my first big "get.")

At the half, we are up 36-34. Not bad on the road against a better team. Our 2nd team really outperformed their reserves and that is the key to our lead.

Key among those reserves was Chad Daley who has 8 points and 2 assists.

Klayton has 7 points, 1 board, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers at the half.

WHAT A GAME!!! Klayton had the ball with 40 seconds left and up by 1. He came off a screen and missed the shot. However, with 6.3 seconds left, he stole the ball from their post player on a double team (I wasn't even controlling either of those players.)

He was immediately fouled and nailed both FT's. We win 63-60 in an upset on the road!

Klayton was our most steady shooter in the 2nd half and we let him shoot a fair bit. He had 17 points on 4 of 10 shooting. He also had 1 board, 3 assists, and 2 steals, along with 2 turnovers. He was able to penetrate well against this PG, but this collapsed in the lane and it made it hard for him to get assists.

Daley was our 2nd leading scorer with 11 points on 3 of 10 shooting.

Wilmont was hurt most of the game (but played for 24 minutes on the bum leg) and only had 2 points, 5 boards, and 1 block.

Chancler had 5 points and 8 boards.

One guy that is very interesting who won't see the stat sheet alot, but is earning more PT from me is Kirby Christopher. Kirby is from Toronto and he is a 6'9 240 pound SF. He isn't very fast and he is a poor shooter who is limited offensively (he missed a dunk in this game as well) but he is an excellent defender and he really cooled off their best shooter, a SF. So much so, that I played him over my usual starter at SF down the stretch. Kirby finished with 4 points on 2 of 5 shooting. He also had 4 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals. The man he was guarding ended up 6 of 17 shooting after starting out 4 of 6.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-09-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobBluth View Post
Is it easier to dribble penetrate in the 360 version? That's about my only complaint with the Xbox games, my guards are pretty limited offensively if they can't shoot.

My previous PG's couldn't penetrate for anything. Klayton is proving to be excellent at beating his man and getting him into foul trouble.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is at Richmond which is very similar in talent level to ours.

We barely eek out a win in overtime. 75-72. Klayton had 7 points, 6 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, and 5 turnovers. He shot 3 of 7.

Bingo Wilmont had 20 points, 16 boards, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 22 from the field.

Garik Chanceler was our 2nd leading scorer with 14 points, 4 boards, and a block in just 16 minutes.

That win puts us at 8-1 on the year. By far, my best start ever.

Our next game (which I'm not sure when I'll have time to play - maybe tomorrow - definitely by this weekend) is at Syracuse in what is sure to be a very tough matchup as they are rated 88 overall.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
My previous PG's couldn't penetrate for anything. Klayton is proving to be excellent at beating his man and getting him into foul trouble.

To clarify this quote, I've had a SG for the last 3 years (but just graduated) who was the star of my team. He was a poor outside shooter, but he was an excellent at dribble penetration and finishing around the hoop. Some guards/SF's with a good handle and good speed can be excellent at dribble penetration.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-10-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #11
GobBluth
n00b

Quote:
To clarify this quote, I've had a SG for the last 3 years (but just graduated) who was the star of my team. He was a poor outside shooter, but he was an excellent at dribble penetration and finishing around the hoop. Some guards/SF's with a good handle and good speed can be excellent at dribble penetration.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it's just me but, without a pump fake or something, that's one phase of the game that I could never get to work. Anyway, interesting stuff. Keep it up.
GobBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobBluth View Post
Thanks for the reply. Maybe it's just me but, without a pump fake or something, that's one phase of the game that I could never get to work. Anyway, interesting stuff. Keep it up.

I use the pump fake a bit, particularly with a very good outside shooter. However, most of my guard penetration comes off either isomotion crossovers, screens, or hesitation drive moves. Occasionally, I just beat a guy with pure turbo and making a cut with no isomotion move.

However, I've read that the Xbox version and 360 version play quite differently. I'll definitely have a new entry this weekend as I plan on getting in a few games.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Syracuse's 88 rating on defense is the best we've faced all year. Their PG Rashod McCully is quick and has good size 6'2 190. He is also a very good defensive player. This should be a tough match for Klayton and the rest of my team. Their SF Christopher Ebi is a potential All-American. If he gets going, we'll try our freshman SF to slow him down.

I thought I was in deep trouble in the beginning of the game when Syracuse quickly got up 11-2 at home in the first 5 minutes. Their starting PG Rashod McCully was virtually unstoppable and Eli was hitting his first 3 shots. However, over the next 5 minutes Klayton managed to get Rashod into foul trouble and then Eli! By 10 minutes in, he had their starting PG, SG, and SF on the bench with foul trouble as he was dribble driving past them.

By then, he was exhausted and we brought in the bench. We were down by 12 with 10 minutes to go in the half. Our bench simply crushed their bench and we were up by 1 at half. Of particular note, was Freshman SG Chad Daley who I may have underestimated. He could be a very good running mate for Klayton in future years. He had 8 points in the 1st half ad 11 in the game to be our 2nd leading scorer.

However, Garik Chancler was huge during that time too as he was cleaning the boards and scoring. He ended the half with 7 points and 5 boards. Garik ended the game with 10 points and 13 boards.

In the 2nd half, Klayton took over the game to widen our lead and get their starters into further foul trouble. We had a 10 point lead with 8 minutes to go, but Klayton was exhausted.

Their starters returned and lit us up. I thought for sure we were losing the game. Rashod went off for 10 points in a row and before I knew it we were tied with 3:40 to go.

Then, I brought Klayton back in. He drilled 2 3's off screens and then two jumpers on our next 2 possessions. That was all we needed to pull off a huge upset at Syracuse!!! We won 77-69.

Klayton had his highest point total of his career with 27 points. He also had 3 boards, 3 steals, and 4 turnovers. 0 assists was the only downside to his game, but he really won this game for us. He did it on 8 of 13 shooting (3 of 6 behind the arc) and 8 of 11 shooting from the FT line.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next simulated game is our easiest on the schedule - Hosting NJIT.

They are rated 65 and should be overmatched against us.

We beat them 72-49, but Klayton has a bit of foul trouble this game. He ends up with 9 points, 3 assists, 4 steals, and 2 turnovers in 27 minutes.

Backup PG Daniel Baldwin was the leading player statistically with 13 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, and 1 steal along with 4 turnovers.

We are now a surprising 10-1 going into our conference schedule. We'll be starting off with 2 very winnable games next week.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is a conference game at home against James Madison. They are one of the weaker teams in the CAA this year with young talent that isn't cohesive yet. They are only ranked 74 overall and we should beat them by a good margin.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Interestingly, they came out in a big lineup with a 6'8 SF at SG and a 6'9 SF at SF. I'm not sure if they have been doing this every game or used it just for us. It sort of worked as they got starting senior SG Zach Koger in foul trouble within 5 minutes. However, Chad Daley took complete advantage of his first real playing time with our starters. Klayton set him up with a few nice assist. Chad was our leading scorer with 11 points, 1 assist, and 2 steals in the first half.

Klayton had 10 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 0 turnovers in the 1st half.

Starting Junior SF Louie Brown showed that he belonged in the starting lineup still as he had 6 points (he is a good outside shooter), 4 boards, and 4 steals in the 1st half.

They did get Wilmont in foul trouble too, but that didn't stop us from dominating the 1st half.

All of this led to a 37-19 lead at halftime.

With 9:33 left and a 33 point lead, I remove Klayton and most of our other starters from the game.

Klayton's line: 21 points, 8 assists, 2 steals, 1 board, 1 block, 1 turnover. 7 of 10 shooting, 2 of 4 from 3 point range, 5 of 6 from the line, 3 fouls, 22 minutes played.

We won the game 76-46. This is the first team I've had that I think could make some noise in the tourney if everyone stays healthy.

Chad Daley, my next highest recruited freshman, had 15 points which was 2nd on the team. He also had 3 steals, 2 assists, and 1 block along with a turnover. He did shoot 4 of 11.

Louie Brown had a great game to cement his status as the main starter at SF. He had 14 points, 9 boards (lead the team), 5 steals, 2 assists, and a block on 5 of 9 shooting.

Our next simulated game is at Hofstra and they are about equal in talent to our team:

We get blown out 80-49. Klayton was the leading scorer with 12 points. He also had 3 assists, 3 steals and 3 turnovers. He shot 4 of 6 from the field, 2 of 4 from behind the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Bingo Wilmont was the only other guy in double digits with 11 points and 7 boards.

We are now 11-2 as we go into 2 of the tougher weeks of our conference schedule.

Our next game (which is the last one I'll play until this evening as I need to study for my boards) is at Towson. They are slightly less talented and don't have as good of team unity. Also, their PG is their weakest player and they are undersized. We should be able to beat them by a comfortable margin.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-14-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Even though they are undersized, they matched up well with good quickness and Klayton had trouble penetrating.

Halftime score of 25-18, we lead.

We never really pulled away by more than 6 until the last 2 minutes when we had a 11 point lead at one point. Yet, we never lost the lead either. 61-52 win for us as we held them to 26% shooting, but only shot 39% ourselves. Klayton shut his man down completely. Big win for us on the road.

They had good enough quickness that Klayton couldn't penetrate, but he played a lot of pick and roll with Bingo Wilmont and also came off some screens from other guys.

Klayton's Line: 14 points, 5 assists, 1 board, 7 turnovers. 4 of 8 shooting. 2 of 3 behind the arc. 4 of 4 from the FT line (all from intentional fouls at the end of the game.) 24 minutes played.

Bingo was huge: 17 points, 11 boards, 6 blocks. 7 of 11 shooting (including a few 14 footers, I forget that he has good range from outside too.)

Chad Daley was ice cold on 2 of 11 shooting and might start losing a few shots from the bench if he doesn't play better next game.

Our next game is a tough simulated game hosting George Mason. They have been the class of the league the last few years (along with Old Dominion.)

We lose a heartbreaker 59-58. Klayton had 12 points, 5 boards, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers on 3 of 10 shooting (1 of 7 behind the arc) and 3 of 3 from the line.

Our Sophomore PF from New Brunswick, NJ, Monwell Sargent has a good outside shooting range for a PF and he had 14 points to lead the team. He also had 2 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 5 of 15 from the field.

We are now 12-3. Our next game is at James Madison. They are 3-12 and we beat them 76-46 just last week.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is the best defensive team I've ever coached. Certainly, James Madison has proven they don't have much offensive talent and they played big against us again. However, we just held them to 15% shooting in the first half and held them to 6 points for the first 15 minutes before we got sloppy.

Since we got sloppy, we are up 30-15 at the half on the road. Klayton has 9 points, 2 assists, and a steal at halftime.

Our offense never really clicked, but our defense bailed us out.

52-38 win today. We held them to 22% shooting, but only shot 35% ourselves.

Klayton was our leading scorer and our leading assist man with 11 points, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. He shot 4 of 12 from the field, 1 of 5 behind the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Garik Chancler was huge off the bench with 10 points and 14 boards. The Sophomore will be our starting C next year.

Kirby Christopher was great defensively again and had a block this game.

Our next game is a sumulated game at a very good Fairfield team that is currently 12-3.

We lose 58-54. Senior SG Zach Koger had 22 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists but it wasn't quite enough.

Klayton had 3 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists on 1 of 8 shooting.

Our next game is at a good VCU team that is underperforming and is only 5-9. We are 13-4 and need to get this win as we have Old Dominion coming up next.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

What a terrible first half, they were nailing 3's all over.

Down 48-24 at the half. Klayton has 4 points and an assist at the half as their PG is fast and is smothering him.

We went to a VERY high tempo offense and a constant trapping defense. It almost brought us back, but they won 92-85. They hit 12 of 27 3 pointers which is the most anyone has hit on us in a long time.

Zach Koger thrived in the high tempo offense nad he had 21 points, 1 assist, and 1 steal on 9 of 13 shooting.

Klayton Meyers had 17 points, 4 assists, 1 reoound, and 2 turnovers. He shot 4 of 10 from the field, 2 of 5 behind the arc, and 7 of 7 from the line.

Chad Daley was our 3rd leading scorer with 11 points on 3 of 7 shooting.

Our simulated game is hosting Old Dominion. They are currently 13-3 and are ranked 15th in the polls. They have a 87 rated team and should be hard for us to beat.

We get lucky and pull off the upset, 73-70.

Klayton had 9 points, 6 assists, and 1 steal. His ratings continue to rise as the season progresses.

Koger had 25 points on 8 of 14 shooting.

Louie Brown had 10 points and 12 boards at SF.

Our next game is hosting Towson. They are 11-8 now. We beat them 61-52 at their place a few weeks ago, and I expect to win this one as well.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They are playing us very tough this time as our 3 point defense is failing again...

Down 37-30 at the half.

Our defense wasn't that good this game, but they were big down the stretch as Bingo had a key block with just under 2 minutes to go that ignited a run that turned a 3 point deficit into a 5 point lead. That held up and we won 72-67.

Bingo had 16 points, 11 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 9 from the field.

Klayton had 15 points, 3 assists, 2 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. However, he shot 4 of 15 (0 of 5 from the arc.) He was 7 of 7 from the line.

SF Louie Brown had 9 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals. He shot 4 of 7 from the field.

Our simulated game (and last game of the night) is hosting VCU. Hopefully, my stratgies work better in the sim then when we last played them.

We played them closer, but lost 77-76.

Klayton had 4 points, 3 boards, 3 steals, and 7 assists.

Koger had 25 points on 6 of 16 shooting (4 of 10 behind the arc.)

Bingo had 20 points, 7 boards, 3 assists, and a block.

Our next game (to be played tomorrow most likely) is at a very good Northeastern team that is rated 86 in talent, but is underperforming and is only 12-8.

We are now 15-6 and have the 2nd best record in the conference behind Old Dominion.

Also, we are ranked in the Mid Major Poll for the first time I've noticed! We are 7th!

Our RPI is 49th.

Klayton's 12ppg average leads our team. It is also 12th in the conference and 1st among freshmen.

Bingo's 8 rpg is 4th in the conference.

Klayton's 4.9 apg is 2nd in the conference and is 1st among freshmen.

Klayton's 1.7 spg is 5 in the conference and 1st among freshmen.

Bingo's 1.5 bpg leads the conference.

Klayton's 33% shooting from behind the arc is 15th in the conference and is 4th among freshmen.

Right now, Klayton looks like he has a good chance to win my first conference freshman of the year award.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Both offenses were operating very efficiently and quickly in the 1st half.

40-40 at the half.

Bingo has 11 points and 11 boards at the half!

Klayton has 6 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals but is 2 of 11 from the floor at the half.

Wow. Klayton was on fire in the 2nd half after an ice cold first half. Klayton hit 3 quick outside jumpers including a 3 where he was fouled and made a 4 point play. That opened up the lane a bit as they guarded him much more tightly and he beat his man a few times.

The end result: 25 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 2 turnovers. He shot 9 of 18 from the field (7 of 7 in the 2nd half.) He was 2 of 6 behind the arc. He was 5 of 8 from the line.

Thanks to him, we pulled off the upset. 81-71.

Bingo finished with 20 points and 15 boards along with 3 blocks. He shot 8 of 15 from the field.

Koger finished with 13 points, 3 assists, and 3 steals on 4 of 12 shooting.

Our simulated game is at home against a solid Georgia State team. They are 12-10 coming into while we are 16-6. We win 69-67.

Bingo Wilmont finished with 22 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 16 from the field and 6 of 7 from the line.

Klayton was in foul trouble and only played 17 minutes and had 2 points and 2 assists.

Daniel Baldwin took advanctage of the increased playing time with 17 points, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 3 boards.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is at William & Mary. They are 6-15 on the year. They are rated 77 overall (4 points lower than us) and have much worse team unity. This should be an easy win for us:

Great first half for our entire team. Our bench players outplayed theirs and so did our starters. As a result, we are up 47-25 at the half.

Bingo has 12 points and 8 boards on the half. Quite a few of his points were set up by Klayton passes for easy dunks. He is 6 of 6 from the field.

Koger has 11 points at the half.

Klayton has 4 points and 6 assists at the half. He is shooting 1 of 4 from the field.

We were ice cold for the first 12 or 13 minutes of the 2nd half and they pulled within 2.

However, our team came to life at the end and we won 71-64.

Koger led us with 15 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

Klayton had 14 points, 8 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 13, 0 of 2 behind the arc, 2 of 2 from the line.

Bingo finished with his 12 points and 12 boards along with 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 8 for the game.

Kirby Christopher had a good game for him offensively and finished with 8 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block.

We remain 7th in the Mid Major Poll. They are 4 CAA teams in the top 10, including Old Dominion and UNC Wilmington at 2 and 3. George Mason is just behind us at #8.

Our RPI is up to 40 with a 18-6 record.

We lose a tough simulated game at Georgia State as Klayton and Koger were both in foul trouble early. Klayton only played 17 minutes and had 0 points, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

We lost 56-52 and our leading scorer was Chad Daley with 8 points. Daniel Baldwin had 7 points, 8 boards, and 5 assists off the bench at PG.

We are now 18-7. Our next game is at a good Hofstra team that is currently 16-8.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hofstra has GREAT Team Unity at 92, the best I've ever seen. They also have more talent.

Despite that, we stay close through most of the 1st until they pull away with a 10 point lead with 5 minutes to go.

However, Klayton comes back onto the court with 4 minutes left and makes a few key plays to pull us within 3. First, he hits a jumper for 3. Then, a minute later he has a key steal and alley oop to Koger!

He hits another big jumper with the half winding down to pull us within 3.

Most importantly, he drew a 3rd foul on their starting PG

34-31 at the half. Klayton has 8 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 board. He is 2 of 5 from the field.

With their starting PG in foul trouble, Klayton was dribbling into the lane at will in the 2nd half. That led to a big 2nd half for us as he was kicking it out (even Kirby Christopher hit a 3 off of one of his assists!)

We won 79-55 as Klayton had 19 points, 11 assists, 4 steals, 2 boards, 3 turnovers. He shot 6 of 13 from the field.

Koger had 23 points, 3 steals, and 1 assist as he really benefitted from Klayton's passes out to him behind the arc. He was 9 of 15 and 4 of 7 behind the arc.

In our simulated game, we face a very talented Northeastern team at home.

We win 70-56! Klayton had 10 points, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He was 3 of 7 from the field (2 of 5 behind the arc.)

Louie Brown was the leading scorer with 16 points. He also had 6 boards.

Bingo Wilmont had 15 points and 8 boards along with 3 blocks.

That win gives us 20 wins and 7 losses on the year so far with 2 regular season games left. That is the fastest I've hit 20 wins in a season (I had a 21-10 record my 1st year at Drexel.)

We are now 6th in the Mid Major Poll as we enter the final week of the regular season.

Our RPI is now 36th. I wonder if we can make it even if we don't win our conference tourney. Hopefully, I won't have to find out.

Hmmmm... the media experts do not have us on the bubble! in fact, they currently are projecting that we'll be in the 9-12 seed range!

Let's not choke it away down the stretch (which I'll play tomorrow night.)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #24
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It would be a snub of Syracuse-esque proportions for a 20+ win team with an RPI of 36 to be left out of the big dance. Don't get bounced in the 1st game of your conference tourney and you should be just fine.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is at Delaware. They are currently 11-16 but have solid talent across the board. In particular, PG Rashun Spencer is one of the best in the conference ratings wise.

We couldn't stop their offense in the first half and we are down 38-27 at halftime.

At halftime, Klayton has 2 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 0 turnovers. He is 1 of 4 from the field.

We chipped away at the lead for the first 10 minutes as Klayton came out on fire. We finally got a 53-52 lead with 8:49 left.

Then, it was back and forth. However, With 4.9 seconds left, Kirby Christopher had a key offensive rebound and Klayton hit 2 big FT's after they fouled to give us the 68-64 win on the road!

Klayton had 15 points, 4 assists, and 4 steals on 6 of 14 shooting (1 of 4 behind the arc, 2 of 4 from the line.)

Koger was off tonight with 5 of 17 shooting, but still managed 16 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He was 6 of 8 from the line.

Bingo Wilmont had 11 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks.

Off the bench, Kirby Christopher contributed 5 points and 5 boards in only 10 minutes.

Our final regular game of the season is a simulated game hosting William and Mary. They are 8 and 17 and have lesser talent. We should beat them handily.

We win 75-60! However, we lose Chad Daley for 19 days to a back injury

Bingo Wilmont had 15 points 8 boards and 1 block.

Klayton fouled out and only played 10 minutes!

Daniel Baldwin had 15 points, 9 boards, and 6 assists off the bench at PG.

We finish the season 22-7. Surprisingly, we just inch out Old Dominion for the Regular Season Conference Championship!!!!! That is my first time winning a regular season Conference Title.

We are now 4th in the Mid Major Poll. Interestingly, Old Dominion remains #1 in the poll.

We've earned the bye for the 1st round of our conference tourney!

In the 2nd round, we end up getting Northeastern who we beat by 10 and 13 points during the regular season. I'll be playing out all postseason games.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

VERY rough start to the game. We missed our first 10 shots and they hit theirs! 23-0 lead as a result after 8 minutes.

The injury to Daly and how badly my defense was playing made me to turn to Rodrigo Rodgers a 6'7 220 pound SG from Cupertino, CA. He is very raw and lacks technical abilities but his length along with Kirby helped us start getting stops.

By the half, we have chipped the lead to 46-30, but we still have a big hole to climb out of.

Klayton has 4 points and 1 assist at the half. He is shooting 2 of 9 from the field.

I ran and gunned a lot in the 2nd half as well as trapping. It enabled us to cut the lead to 7 at one point, but we never got closer.

To add insult to injury, Klayton was injured in the 2nd half.

Final Score: 79-70.

Klayton finished with 13 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 6 of 19

Koger finished with 22 points on 4 of 13 shooting with 13 of 15 shooting from the line.

Bingo finished with 12 points and 13 boards.

Northeastern edged out George Mason in the next round 54-53. They lost to Old Dominion 65-48 in the tourney final.

Now to watch the selection show to see if we still make it in...

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-20-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm. We are not listed as being on the bubble, but 21-10 George Mason is.

#1 seeds for 2012: Kansas, Florida, Texas A&M, and Pittsburgh.

We are in the East!!! We got a #9 seed and will play 8th seed Air Force first!!! Unfortunately, this means we will be facing Kansas in our 2nd game, most likely.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are the only mid major league to get 3 teams into the tournament. George Mason just missed but Old Dominion and UNC Wilmington are in with us.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Air Force is rated 2 points higher overall, but we have slightly better team unity.

We have a huge advantage in size and skill at C. Their PG is very good and should be a tough matchup for Klayton who is still Day to Day with his ankle injury.

Very solid first half for Klayton and the team. 29-24 at the half.

Klayton has 9 points and 2 assists at halftime.

They were within 3 with 40 seconds to go. Bingo ran to the perimeter and had a huge block of a 3 point shot attempt. Klayton got the ball and was fouled. Klayton hit 4 straight FT's down the stretch and we won 64-55!

Klayton was our leading scorer with 18 points. He also had 3 assists and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 13 from the field. 1 of 2 behind the arc and 7 of 8 from the line.

Bingo finished with 12 points, 11 boards, and 4 blocks.

Daniel Baldwin had 8 points and 3 assists.

Kansas beat UNC Asheville 94-63. As a result, we will be playing Kansas for the opportunity to advance to the Sweet 16. I don't like our chances. Kansas has the best talent ranking I've ever seen! 97 for overall talent. 99 for offense. 96 for defense. 94 for team unity. If their lead gets over 40 points, I'll probably just sim to the end...
Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh. Their freshman point guard is rated 90 for talent! I thought Klayton's 74 was good.

Their senior SG is 6'7 250 and is rated 90 overall in talent. Their junior SF is 6'8 220 and is rated 92 for talent.

Their junior PF is 6'10 250 and is rated 91 for talent. Their senior C is 6'10 280 and is rated 82 in talent. Bingo is up to 78 at this point in his development and that is the only position we are even close.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That Jayhawk chant is VERY annoying. The game is in Chicago and the crowd really seems pro Kansas.

WOW! Klayton was demolishing their press in the 1st half. He is simply faster than their PG and SG. As a result, he was setting up Bingo with easy shots and he had 14 points. Klayton had 5 points and 8 assists in the 1st half.

Meanwhile, they had a very hot start shooting, but we managed to cool them off with a 1-3-1 zone in which we trapped a lot and created turnovers.

We have a 52-39 lead at the half (we got about 20 of those on quick baskets when they were pressing full court and we were breaking it.)

I can't believe it! We rode out that big early lead (that was built thanks to Klayton breaking their press.) We win 85-81! What an upset!

Bingo finished with 25 points, 12 boards, 2 steals, 4 blocks. He shot 11 of 14 from the field.

Koger finished with 15 points, 2 assists, 5 steals. He shot 6 of 8 from the field.

Louie Brown had 13 points, 5 boards, 3 steals. He shot 3 of 8 from the field.

Sophomore PF Monwell Sargent had 13 points, 3 boards, 1 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 7.

Klayton finished it off as all 5 starters hit double digit point totals. Klayton had 10 points, 12 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 3 of 9 from the field.

Daniel Baldwin chipped in 10 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal off the bench.

Rodrigo Rogers played very good defense off the bench and had 3 boards, 1 steal, and 1 assist.

Kirby Christopher also played some nice defense and chipped in 3 boards and a steal.

Sweet 16!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-21-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #32
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kansas chokes? What a surprise
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #33
TonyR
High School Varsity

Nice W over Kansas.
Who's the next opponent?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nice W over Kansas.
Who's the next opponent?

A 5th seeded Kentucky team. I'll be previewing and then playing the game within the next hour (once I'm fully awake.)
Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, we play Kentucky. This is a team that I find us much more likely to upset than Kansas. They are rated 89 overall with 87 on offense and 90 on defense. They also have excellent team unity with 92. It's going to be a very tough game, but after slaying Kansas, I like our chances if guys are hitting shots.

Their Junior PG is "only" rated 82. He is 6'0 190. Klayton's ratings are now up to 75 (he gained another point.)

Their Senior SG is rated 82. He is 6'4 220. Not a bad matchup for Koger who is rated 79.

Their freshman SF is rated 82. He is 6'6 200. Louie Brown is only rated 73. He is 6'6 226.

Their senior PF is rated 84. He is 6'10 240. A bad matchup for Monwell who is only 6'8 216 and only rated 76.

Their senior C is only 6'10 250. He is rated 76. A good matchup for Bingo who is 7'1 245 and is rated 79 now.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the first half, they did the 2 things that a team must do to defeat us.

They double teamed Bingo and shut him down completely and they denied penetration to Klayton. Theirs guards are very fast and he just can't beat them.

They also generated a lot of steals with that speed.

Down 39-20 at the half.

Klayton has 6 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 4 turnovers at the half.

We played a GREAT 2nd half. We were within 3 with 2 minutes left, but we just couldn't get a stop. We went into intentional foul mode once we got under 30 seconds left, and they nailed 8 of 8 FT's at the end of the game and that was enough to get them the win.

78-74 loss.

Klayton was running off screens the entire 2nd half and he finished with 21 points, 4 asssits, 4 steals, and 6 turnovers. He shot 9 of 16 from the field, 1 of 2 from 3 point, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Koger finished with 18 points, 3 steals, and 1 assist on 7 of 14 shooting.

Bingo had 7 points, 10 boards, and 2 assists. He was 3 of 8 from the field.

Now the big question: If I get an offer from a power conference team do I leave Klayton?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kentucky upset North Carolina 59-55 in the Eastern Bracket Final.

Kentucky was beat by Wisconsin in the first game of the Final Four 67-56.

Connecticut won the National Championship 72-55.

Gregg Coleman of Louisiana Tech won the Mid Major Player of the Year. The JR SG had 21.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, and 2.4 apg this year.

Billy Gillispie won Coach of the Year for taking Texas A&M so far this year.

Blaine Taylor at old Dominion stole the Coach of the Conference Award from me.

Mitch Lalugba, a SR C at UNCW won the conference player of the year award. He is rated 85 overall and averaged 14 ppg and 9.1 rpg.

Klayton Meyers won the Conference Freshman of the Year Award!!! His final averages for the year: 11.9 ppg, 4.8 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.0 rpg.

Bingo Wilmont was selected 2nd team All-Conference: He averaged 12.5 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.1 spg, and 1.5 bpg for the season.

Bingo wasn't drafted

Bingo and Koger are the only guys that left the team to graduation.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Texas Tech is hiring (because Bob Knight retired in 2012,) but I'm not rumored to be on their list. Instead, they hire the head coach from Marist.

Syracuse hires (because Boeheim retired) Southern Illinois's coach instead of me.

Southern Illinois wants to hire me, but I see no reason to leave Drexel for what would be a lateral move at best.

I get offered 5 other mid major jobs including Indiana State and James Madison. None of them are good enough to make me leave Klayton.

My athletic director is thrilled with the job I'm doing.

We don't get any transfers.

We also don't lose any players to transfers.

As recruiting starts, we lose the Star SF from Cincinatti to Dayton.

The next week, we get a distant backup plan as everyone else was going other places:

SF Andy Archibong is ranked 512th overall and 99th among SF's. He is a 2 star recruit from Plantation, FL. I had him as a backup plan because our coaches believe he has an excellent mid range jumper and we need more mid range jump shooters.

That fills all of our scholarships so I can start working on the juniors again.

Duke had the best class with 3 All American's that are all 5 star athletes.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-21-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A summary of our starting 5 as well as key bench players (trying to figure out who should be the key bench players):

PG Klayton Meyers 6'2 (he grew an inch) and 180lbs, So. - The star of this mini-dynasty and clearly my best player. He is our best jump shooter, has very good speed, and is our best passer.

SG Chad Daley 6'4 184, So - I'm not sold on him, but he is our 2nd best shooter from 3 point land. An ok midrange shooter.

SF Louie Brown 6'6 231, Sr. - He is the 2nd best midrange shooter on the team and is the most complete SF.

PF Monwell Sargent 6'8 218, Jr. - He is the 2nd highest overall rated player. Undersized, but he has a good post game. Very quick for a PF. Good rebounder. Is a good midrange shooter.

C Garik Chancler - 6'10 252, Jr. - Not nearly as talented as Bingo. He has a decent post game. No range, unlike Bingo. He also isn't nearly as good at blocking as Bingo was.

Starting C? Alvin Hite 6'11 270, Fr - A redshirt Freshman who improved significantly during his redshirt year. He is almost as talented as Garik now. His range is even worse, and his post offense is raw, but he is a better FT shooter, a better dunker, a much better blocker, and an overall slightly better defender. He doesn't rebound quite as well as Garik. He is faster, but our coaches think he may be already approaching his potential..

Duncan (maybe I've been calling him Daniel?) Baldwin PG 6'2 217, SR - Arguably the 3rd most talented player on our team. A good defender, a good passer, a decent 3 point shooter.

PF Lamar Roy - 6'9 217 Sr. - A decent backup PF.

SF Andy Archibong, Freshman - Should he be the primary option off the bench at SF? He is a good shooter from midrange according to our coaches, but is somewhat limited in other parts of his game. If I played him it would mean less time for Kirby Christopher whose size I like. Should I redshirt him?

SG Bronski Montague, JC So - A solid 3 point shooter. I'm more sure about redshirting him to let him develop an overall game.

SF Kirby Christopher, So - 6'9 242 - Very raw player. Improving his offense around the basket. A barely adequate passer. Has decent ball handling skills though. Very good perimeter defense player. Good speed for his size and is getting quicker.

I'm going to redshirt Andy and let Kirby be the primary option at SF off the bench.

SG Rodrigo Rodgers, Jr. - 6'7 220 from Cupertino CA. He didn't play much last year but his size presents challenges to perimeters. Is a good blocker. I'll probably use him quite a bit more this year since I'm redshirting Bronski. He'll probably be our primary option at SG off the bench...

Except if we play Daniel at SG and play this guy at PG:

PG Calvin Stapley 6'0 198, Jr. Very raw. However, I played him some two years ago, and he changed games with his top end speed. He is the fastest guy on my team and can penetrate. However, he has a terrible jumpshot. He can't hit 3's for anything. He has a very good dribble but is a mediocre passer for a PG. However, he is a dynamic perimeter defender if not oversized. If I need more offense from the 2nd unit, we'll probably play him and Daniel alongside each other at times.

Our schedule was created by our AD, I didn't modify it at all.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our first game of the year is at home over a Monmouth team that is significantly less talented than us. We should beat them easily. I'm stating Garik at C, but will get Alvin plenty of PT. Whoever performs better the next few games will be our starter for the following week.

Complete domination by us in the first half. 49-17 lead. Meyers has become an elite stealer as well as an offensive weapon.

Klayton's stats at the half: 10 points (3 of 4 shooting), 4 assists, 4 steals, and 2 turnovers.

At least this game Alvin Hite is winning the battle for the starting C job.

Each played 10 minutes (Hite played mostly against 2nd stringers, but also played with 2nd stringers)

Hite: 8 points, 5 boards on 3 of 5 shooting.

Garik Chancler: 2 points, 2 boards on 1 of 4 shooting.

With a 74-27 lead and 10 minutes to go, I take out all of my starters.

Klayton's line: 20 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 1 rebound, and 3 turnovers. He shot 7 of 10 from the field, 1 of 2 behind the arc, and 5 of 5 from the line. He did this in 24 minutes.

Daley proved himself for at least this game. Thanks in part to Klayton's assists, he had 22 points, 2 assists, 4 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 12 from the field, 3 of 5 behind the arc, and 3 of 5 from the line. He also played 24 minutes.

In 20 minutes, Garik Chancler only managed 2 points and 2 boards on 1 of 6 shooting. He'll be off the bench next game while Alvin will start.

Game over. 88-46 win for us.

Alvin Hite finished with 10 points and 5 boards on 4 of 7 shooting.

Rodrigo Rogers surprised me and hit a 3. He finished with 9 points, 3 boards, and 3 steals.

Monwell Sargent had 10 boards along with 6 points.

Our Simulated Game is against UALR. They are a decent team that is comparable in talent.

We beat them 66-64. Klayton finishes with 18 points, 4 assists, and 2 boards. He shot 6 of 12, 2 of 5, and 4 of 5.

Chad Daley finished with 9 points and 3 assists on 4 of 12 shooting.

In the simulated game, I forgot to adjust lineups and Garik started. He had 11 points and 8 boards in 33 minutes on 2 of 8 shooting.

Off the bench in 16 minutes, Alvin had 0 points and 6 boards with 0 of 1 shooting.

Next up, we face the #13 team - Clemson.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Clemson is rated 91 overall, 92 offensively, and 91 defensively. This would be a big upset.

When Klayton was on the court, we broke their press and played very well. When he wasn't, we were minus 12 mainly due to the press.

Down 36-33 at the half.

Klayton's line at the half: 15 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers. 6 of 12 shooting. He played 16 minutes (due to that -12 when he was off the court) and is a bit tired going into the 2nd half.)

They were just too good for us when Klayton wasn't on the court.

72-63 win for Clemson.

Klayton's final line: 21 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 4 turnovers. He shot 9 of 23.

Garik Chancler did well off the bench with 8 points and 9 boards along with 2 assists and 3 steals.

I suspect whichever C goes against backups is going to do well. I'll give Alvin the start in this next sim game and unless he does well, the starting job goes to Garik for the next few weeks.

In our simulated game, we have a very surprising loss to Middle Tennessee, 71 to 48.

Klayton had 11 points, 4 assists, 1 boards, 2 steals, and 1 block. He shot 4 of 13.

Chad Daley had 3 points on 1 of 12 shooting.

Alvin Hite only had 4 points along with 9 boards on 2 of 4 shooitng. Garik Chancler had 7 points and 7 boards in limited time off the bench. He'll be our starter for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #42
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think Im going to play this tomorrow.

Are you looking for any job at a major? Even at a school like Oregon State, Northwestern or Kansas State?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I think Im going to play this tomorrow.

Are you looking for any job at a major? Even at a school like Oregon State, Northwestern or Kansas State?

Yes, only because I think that will be the best final stepping stone to get to the ultimate goal of coaching USC
Old 04-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting a St. John's team that is only slightly better than we are talentwise. They are one of our main competitors for a few recruits this year and we have two of those recruits visiting the campus today.

Their PG is small and slower than Klayton, I expect him to have a big game. However, their SG and SF are both very good shooters.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #45
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, only because I think that will be the best final stepping stone to get to the ultimate goal of coaching USC

Shouldnt settle EF27, should go for the glory!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #46
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nice dynasty, makes me wanna fire up the game myself.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They made 3's and we didn't. That was the key in the first half.

38-30, they lead.

Klayton has 7 points, 2 steals, 0 assists at the half.

While Garik is the starter, I'm playing whoever is hot the most. Alvin hit a few shots late in the 1st half, so he started the 2nd.

Good move by me as he exploded in the next 10 minutes! A few of those points were due to Klayton assists, but he was making guys look foolish on his own. He has more bulk than Bingo and he is really pushing guys around, plus he injured their starting C.

He was a big reason why we got the lead and we kept it, even though it was close most of the way.

Klayton hit 4 of 4 huge FT's down the stretch when they intentionally fouled him.

74-71 win.

Klayton finished with 14 points, 4 assists, and 4 steals. He was 2 of 15 from the field, 0 of 4 from the arc, and 10 of 12 from the line.

Alvin Hite, the freshman C, finished with 24 points, 8 boards, and 2 assists. He was 8 of 8 from the field and 8 of 9 from the line.

Daley had 7 points and 8 boards.

Garik had 7 points and 10 boards. We really miss Bingo's blocking ability.

We host St. Louis for our simulated game and win 75-61.

Klayton had 18 points, 6 assists, and a block in the win. He shot 5 of 10 and 3 of 6 behind the arc along with 5 of 6 from the line.

Daley had 15 points on 6 of 8 shooting.

Louie Brown had 12 points and 8 boards.

Garik Chancler had 5 points and 9 boards.

During the weekend, at the first possible time to sign, we get a Star SG from Philly! We beat out St. Johns for him

Christano Watson is a 6'1 185 pound SG who is ranked 227th overall in the country and 55th at the position. He is a 3 star player. According to my staff his best attribute is his close shot and stealing ability. He has very good quickness and looks to be a slasher type of player. He also has a decent mid range shot.

Our next game is at Loyola which is a few points below me in overall talent.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-21-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Shouldnt settle EF27, should go for the glory!

I am going for the glory
Old 04-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Back and forth in the 1st half. We lead 31-30.

Daley has 10 points.

Klayton has 6 points and 1 assist on 1 of 8 shooting.

It was a close game until my bench came in for the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half..

I trapped and pressed with Rodrigo and Kirby and their length created quite a few turnovers and bad shots. That helped fuel a 18-4 run that gave us the win.

74-51 win.

Daley was our leading scorer with 20 points on 7 of 14 shooting. He also had 2 boards and 2 assists.

Klayton had 15 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 17 from the field.

Monwell Sargent and Garik Chancler each had 6 points and 10 boards.

Alvin Hite had 6 points and 6 boards.

In the simulated game against a decent VCU team, we won 79-57!

All 5 starters were in double digits. Klayton had 11 points, 2 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. He shot 2 of 8, 1 of 6 behind the arc, and 6 of 7 from the line.

Daley led all scorers with 15 points.

Garik had 11 points and 11 boards.

Our next game (to be played tomorrow) is at North Carolina (ranked 5th in the polls.) What was our AD thinking?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We can't seem to stop North Carolina from scoring, but we are hanging in with perfect execution of our offense. Klayton also managed to help get their starting PG and C into foul trouble which has certainly helped.

43-41 at the half, we are down.

Daley has 11 points on 4 of 7 shooting.

Klayton has 9 points, 2 steals, and an assist on 2 of 7 shooting, 1 of 1 behind the arc, 4 of 4 from the line.

Things were going nicely with a 49-49 game and 11 minutes left. Then North Carolina started playing like I expected them to play and like I expected Kansas to play in the Tourney...

Suffocating defense, quick crisp offense, it all led to a 36-8 run!

They beat us 85-59. I was just going to play one game because I need to study today, but I have that just one more turn phenomenon going on.. I'll play one more game then study.

Daley led us with 14 points on 4 of 14 shooting.

Meyers had 13 points, 4 assists, and 4 steals on 4 of 15 shooting.

Our next simulated game is hosting Florida A&M. We have 6 points higher overall talent rating.

Wow. We blow them out 95-59 - my highest simulated score ever from my team.

Klayton finished with 18 points, 8 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals. He shot 6 of 11 from the field, 2 of 7 behind the arc, 4 of 5 from the line.

Louie Brown had 17 points, 6 boarads, and 3 assists.

Daley had 14 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and a block.

Sargent had 15 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Garik Chancler had 8 points and 8 boards.

We are now 7-3 and we host a Southern Miss team that is just slightly better than us talent wise.