Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Best $9.99 game and "A Legend finally registers"

Hello, let me first start off by introducing myself I'm DaleJrFan81599. I hope to someday reach the 1000 post count, however the balance in time between school and online gaming has kept me in gridlock, I'm pretty sure you know which one is important (online gaming . Just for the record, before I signed up I saw a lot of members progress, from puppy to Divison I like CHEMICAL SOLDIER, and the career of Kurt Busch and how he ultimately skipped Busch Series and is making money for himself in Winston Cup, the easy way.

So I just wanted to ask you guys. Have you ever seen a game in those small CD cases which are frequently neglected by our friends in the large corporations who make games and gain profits because those games have the luxury of being in a box are being bought by the mainstream public ? If you have ever found a game you've been addicted to that you've found lying in the $9.99 section please list it.....

DaleJrFan81599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:11 AM   #2
korme
Go Reds

Welcome Dale!

No, I haven't!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Wow! Kinda weird to have a fan out there ......Hmmmm...I guess I have a stalker .
Welcome to the board kid !
May you reach that lofty goal of 1000 posts and a stripper .
For 9 dollar games I like Need 4 Speed High Stakes .
Hey once again welcome to the board and Tough Luck for those DEI CARS ....Maybe next week here in Vegas .
Old 02-24-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Ah great. Just what this forum needs. A Dale Jr. fan. Well, despite you being a Jr. fan I still will welcome you to the forum.

Last edited by cmp : 02-24-2003 at 12:18 AM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 AM   #5
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: Hey kid see if you can kill my I feel like a thread kill thread .....If you do then you will gain prestige and ton s of it .

ie-Thread Kill= Last person to post on the thread therefore killing it ..
Old 02-24-2003, 12:35 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If I remember the name correctly, Falcon 2.5, I think that's the right name. It's a flight sim that is actually really good, even better considering the price. It's better than 40 dollar games.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:35 AM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dola: Also, if you want a free multiplayer game, America's Army is surprisingly good.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:43 AM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

America's Army? Tell us more.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Here's the home page for it.

www.americasarmy.com/
Old 02-24-2003, 06:00 AM   #10
Blackadar
Retired

So I just wanted to ask you guys. Have you ever seen a game in those small CD cases which are frequently neglected by our friends in the large corporations who make games and gain profits because those games have the luxury of being in a box are being bought by the mainstream public ? If you have ever found a game you've been addicted to that you've found lying in the $9.99 section please list it.....

You can find Planescape: Torment in a $9.99 jewel box at Best Buy - it's the best RPG ever IMHO. Great story and the graphics still hold up today.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:24 AM   #11
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Yes, Americas Army is very good. THey update it every month, with a new map for the most part. It is a huge download, and you need a lot of patience if you are on dial-up, like me.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:05 AM   #12
j51
Mascot

If anyone is interested in some cheap PC games check out Circuit City. All of the old style big box games are on sale for $5-$15. Mine (Irving, TX) had games like Battle Realms, Kohan, Ghost Recon, Gothic, Icewind Dale, Rainbow 6 Gold, Tribes 2, Diablo 2 + Expansion, Europa Universalis, Civ 3 & Aliens vs Predator 2 all on clearance.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:17 AM   #13
Daimyo
College Starter

I think civ2 and sim city 2000 both made their way to the $10 bin years ago. If you don't mind the graphics being a bit dated, they're two of the best games ever created IMO.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #14
wbonnell
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by j51
If anyone is interested in some cheap PC games check out Circuit City. All of the old style big box games are on sale for $5-$15. Mine (Irving, TX) had games like Battle Realms, Kohan, Ghost Recon, Gothic, Icewind Dale, Rainbow 6 Gold, Tribes 2, Diablo 2 + Expansion, Europa Universalis, Civ 3 & Aliens vs Predator 2 all on clearance.

I heard mention of this sale over at gonegold. So, I drove down to my local Circuit City in Round Rock, but they're not participating. Is this a regional sale?
wbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:49 AM   #15
kid_dynamite
Mascot

Pharoah is a cool game. kinda like a sim city deal where you build up cities but you do it in egypt back in the day. after a while it kinda gets repetitive because you go onto new levels and have to rebuild from scratch a lot. each level has new little gimicks to build but once again starting from scratch all the time kinda becomes a pain. i do recommend it though for 9.99, kept me busy for a loooooooong time.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #16
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I sound like a broken record, but System Shock 2 is one of the best cheap games you can find.