Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Pick who wins in the NFL Divisional Playoffs this weekend.
New England beats San Diego 23 38.33%
San Diego beats New England 35 58.33%
Baltimore beats Indianapolis 30 50.00%
Indianapolic beats Baltimore 26 43.33%
Philadelphia beats New Orleans 16 26.67%
New Orleans beats Philadelphia 38 63.33%
Seattle beats Chicago 18 30.00%
Chicago beats Seattle 36 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

NFL Playoffs 2007

Who wins this weekend?

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

I'm going to vote "me" because there's 4 excellent games to watch, 4 hours of 24 to watch, all over a 4 day weekend.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Go San Diego!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Interesting spread on votes.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

When will the NFL learn. they need a computer to calculate polls by sportwriters to determine who will be champion, a playoff structure just isnt entertaining enough and will loose the league money
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
WVUFAN
College Starter

Let's go Pats!
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
Galaril
Pro Starter

Go everyone BUT the Pats! Please!!!!!!!!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 AM   #8
Emiliano
College Prospect

Chargers, Ravens, Saints, Bears.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #9
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I really want to see the Bears reach the superbowl, and play anyone but the Colts. The only reason for this is to watch Grossman throw 5 picks and be sacked 8 times as the Afc win by the largest margin ever.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised there isn't more love for the Eagles. I'll be watching every game. Should be an excellent week of football.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I lose on Saturday night. NFL playoff game vs. High School Musical - The Concert. Hmmm.....
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am really confident that the Colts will beat the Ravens. If the Colts' DE play the run in run situations, I think they will be able to contain Lewis.

I believe the Colts are 3-0 against a Ray Lewis led defense. I know they are on the road, but I think the Colts offense is too good to be shutdown by the Ravens defense. It will probably be a 17-10/20-17 type game, but the Colts will be able to score at least 2 or 3 TDs.

I would really like to see the Pats beat the CHargers so that the Colts can play at home next week. This year's Pats can't beat the Colts. I do think the San Diego will be able to beat them easily though.

New Orleans is too good to lose to the Eagles.

The Bears can easily lose to the Seahawks. The game is won or lost by Grossman.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 01-11-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, way too much love for the Saints. Oh well, the Eagles were also dead and buried at 5-6 with Donovan out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Go Barnstormers!

Oh...that says NFL not AFL.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #15
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm surprised there isn't more love for the Eagles. I'll be watching every game. Should be an excellent week of football.

Every team has a good chance of winning this weekend. Eagles have a good bit stacked against them though.

They are hot, and some compare them to the Steelers last year. But would the Steelers of last year struggle with that Giants team? Being hot isn't just about wins and losses, its about level of play.

So you have a team thats playing good, not great, football playing on a short week on the road against a good well rested team. There is a list of other intangibles that would seemingly be in the Saints favor this week. And this is all before determining what team has played better and has been better coached this year.

Eagles have a good shot this week, but compared to others I think they and Seattle have the toughest road to make up. (It would not surprise me if either won.)

Last edited by Tigercat : 01-11-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #16
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure if the Indianapolic Solts will win...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
So you have a team thats There is a list of other intangibles that would seemingly be in the Saints favor this week. And this is all before determining what team has played better and has been better coached this year.

intangibles? playoff expiernce? better coaching? better offensive line? like scoring the same amout of touchdowns in the season while allowing fewer? like having no pressure on their shoulders while your opponent has the weight of an entire city on it's shoulders? like having a better runningback? like having a 19:9 positive ration in interceptions (and that's with having your backup in for much of the season and the third stringer playing a game)?

Are the Eagles going to win? Who knows. Maybe yes, maybe no. But come on, they should be getting a little more love than they are. I guess there are a lot of bitter Giants and Cowboys fans on the board... Unfortunately I doubt that I can watch the game over here so Romo, Owens and company have something over me, they will get to watch the playoffs this week.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Terrible that you can't watch the game. We now have 10 confirmed Saints' fans coming over to my house for the game. Either going to be a lot of fun that night or torture as I see them all celebrate.

By the way, I agree with most of your points Tigercat, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Saints won, but I'm surprised that the board was slanted so much towards the Saints when I voted.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm going to vote "me" because there's 4 excellent games to watch, 4 hours of 24 to watch, all over a 4 day weekend.

You, sir, could not be more right.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
intangibles? playoff expiernce? better coaching? better offensive line? like scoring the same amout of touchdowns in the season while allowing fewer? like having no pressure on their shoulders while your opponent has the weight of an entire city on it's shoulders? like having a better runningback? like having a 19:9 positive ration in interceptions (and that's with having your backup in for much of the season and the third stringer playing a game)?

Better coaching? Not this year. Saints did more, with as you point out, was a less experienced team. Carrying the entire weight of a city sure hasn't affected the Saints yet, unless you mean in a positive way. Deuce has been to more pro-bowls and is a better every down RB than Westbrook, Bush is a better weapon out of the backfield than Westbrook. Together = better RB situation than the Eagles. (2 backs mean fresher legs at the very least.)

Fans and experts alike are picking the Saints based on what they did better than the Eagles this year. I don't know that that makes the Saints better this week (or at all), but I do know that independent sources think the Saints are a better team, and we just so happen to be a perceived better team playing under better circumstances than the Eagles.(A week off and at home as opposed to a short week on the road.)
Old 01-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #21
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Terrible that you can't watch the game. We now have 10 confirmed Saints' fans coming over to my house for the game. Either going to be a lot of fun that night or torture as I see them all celebrate.

By the way, I agree with most of your points Tigercat, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Saints won, but I'm surprised that the board was slanted so much towards the Saints when I voted.

It does me too to that degree, it just doesn't surprise me that its one of the two games that people think they have a better feel on. As close as all the NFC teams may be, IMO its easier to put the Saints and the Bears a hair above Seattle and Philly than it is to do the same with the Chargers and Ravens in the AFC.