Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

(Wii) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

*** SPOILERS potentially ahead... 12 hours in ***

I got this at launch, but am really stuck (even after reading an FAQ and posting on gamefaqs.com)... haven't seen a thread for this game, so I figured we can use one.

I'm gathering light for the light vessel at Lake Hylia. There's two more dark insect left... It seems like the one at the big waterfall will be reachable only when I get the 2nd last one (that's what the FAQ made it seem like).

The 2nd last one is frustrating me a lot. On the minimap, you can't even see the white circle. However, on the big map, it's kind of a faint white circle. But it's on the far right side of Lake Hylia (the area with the spirit cave and that old man in the middle that wants to sell rides). I have no idea how to get there. It seems like I need Link to climb up a ladder... but he's a wolf, so I can't.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and how to get this 2nd last dark insect?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

bump.

No one knows what I'm talking about? It's stopped me from playing the game, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

Um. I *think* I know what you're talking about. I did get all the bugs. The last one is a bitch, FWIW. Lemme think a moment here.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

Most of the bugs I remember getting were up in the waterfall area, where you had to howl to call the bird thing.

There was one in a guy's garden, and I think there was one hiding in the rock formation somewhere up by the ladder (you don't need to climb the ladder).

The others were on that ice formation that you had to climb up in the area immediately after the bird drops you off, if memory serves.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'll try to take a digital camera pic and upload the image somewhere of the zoomed out map, and then zoomed in with the flashing dot. The dot is so far to the right of the map...

I remember getting all four or five of those where you're hanging on to the bird. Dug a couple up somewhere too. And there were a couple in that water area with the Zoras and their throne.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't remember where they are, but I know that weren't that hard to find. Too bad I can't come over and help you.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I'll try to take a digital camera pic and upload the image somewhere of the zoomed out map, and then zoomed in with the flashing dot. The dot is so far to the right of the map...

I remember getting all four or five of those where you're hanging on to the bird. Dug a couple up somewhere too. And there were a couple in that water area with the Zoras and their throne.

Yup. There's also a couple in the Zora area where you have to do some of the target-hopping, following the shadow chick, up some rocks to nearly the top of the area. I'd imagine you've found those.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ok, so the first image is my in front of the ladder I was talking about. The 2nd image shows what the map looks like when I'm at the area of the ladder, and you can see the faint white dot to the right.

The third image is a Map view of the area, and you can again see the white dot on the right.

The fourth image shows the location of the last dark insect, which from everything I've read is one that shows up once I get the other one...

Does this help anyone to help me?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

That fourth image doesn't look like the location where *my* last bug showed up.

The final bug should show up in Lake Hylia, once you've already snagged the others. That bug you're showing isn't *in* Lake Hylia, so you should need to snag that one to make the last bug show up.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, as I look at that third image again, I bet there's a garden over there somewhere. Try swimming around the edge of the land, in Lake Hylia, until you get to that area.