Old 02-12-2003, 03:41 AM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Microsoft = Scary (ok, not really)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...osoft_death_dc

Quote:
Ex-Microsoft Manager Charged with Theft Dies
Tue Feb 11, 5:55 PM ET

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A former Microsoft Corp. manager who was facing prosecution for allegedly stealing more than $9 million worth of software died unexpectedly at a local hospital four days ago, the King Country Medical Examiner's office said on Tuesday.

Daniel Feussner, 32, died last Friday due to multiple organ failure, but the cause of death could not be determined until further tests were conducted, an investigator at the Medical Examiner's office said.

Officials for Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington, did not confirm whether Feussner was a patient there, citing the hospital's privacy policy.

Feussner was out on bail after being fired and arrested in December for allegedly obtaining software meant for internal use and selling it illegally to fund a lavish lifestyle of luxury cars, jewelry and a yacht.

"We are very saddened by this tragic event and our hearts are with Daniels' family and friends," said Microsoft spokeswoman Stacy Drake.

Not that I really want to give credence to this, but it really does sound like something straight out of some cheesy internet movie like "The Net" or "Antitrust". Just picture it: some guys stiffs Bill Gates for $9M. So what if it's pocket change to him- it's the principle. Well, a couple of weeks later, he's found dead of "multiple organ failure" despite being only 32, the victim of some rare poison which gives off effects similar to a freak disease and is only used by well paid assassins. Or better yet, Bill Gates opened up the little panel on the side of his desk which controls all of his minions and their implanted chips. His hand hovering over a large red button marked "SMITE" just long enough for him to think twice before pressing down and sending another man to his death. See- this is what staying up until the wee hours of the morning, studying Physics, does to your mind.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 05:48 AM   #2
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Hmm. Maybe I should warn my cousin who works for Microsoft
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:26 AM   #3
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington

Sorry to threadjack, but HEY! I was born in that hospital!

Edit: And I'll have to talk with my agent about why they neglected to mention that in the article.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 02-12-2003 at 09:28 AM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

The conspiracy theory is fun and all, but it's pretty obvious to me that the guy OD'd on something in a successful suicide attempt. When the news first broke there were all kinds of threads going around work with people ridiculing him (although the blame really belongs to the lack of oversight in internal purchasing) and pasting links to his personal website.

He had a tremendous ego and his website was off the charts on the UIC (unitentional comedy for those that don't read the Sports Guy) scale. He had a guest book on the site, and the day after the news broke there must've been several hundred entries in it making crude jokes about how he was destined to be someone's prison bitch.

I feel bad for his friends and family, and if it's true that this was a suicide then I feel empathy for his inner turmoil, but he was going to earn every year of jail time that he would've been sentenced to. I have a low tolerance of exceptional greed and dishonesty.

Edited becuz I kant spel veri gud.

Last edited by dawgfan : 02-12-2003 at 05:21 PM.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
scooper
College Benchwarmer

On a related note, a tentacled employee of Bill Gates was overheard purchasing an airline ticket from Seattle to Dallas. Somebody ought to warn Jerry Jones.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

No need to warn Jones. I'll take care of him myself.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote