Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Go-Buckeyes
n00b

Talking Proud to be a Kentuckian

I live in New York and have for the past 4 years. But I was raised, since early childhood, in Eastern Kentucky. My dad was a coal miner for years and so is a lot of the other men in my family. But this isn't a life history from me.

I just wanna take a few minutes to say that anyone from any part of the beloved Bluegrass State has tons to be proud of right now when it comes to nothing more than damned outright overpowering College Baseketball. For the first time in I don't know when, maybe never, both of our big programs (U.K. and Louisville) are in the top 5 in the nation and have the entire basketball world thinking that the national championship may be more of a mere state championship decided on a neutral floor.

Anyone that follows the sport should have seen this coming when Rick Pitino came back to coach at Louisville. It only happened sooner than we thought, that's all. March is gonna be the greatest month in sports history for us Kentuckians. I just watched my Cats absolutely crush Georgia. I'm gonna watch the Cards whip the piss outta Marquette this weekend. The whole time, I'm gonna be smiling from 1000 miles away from Lexington and Rupp Arena, while crossing off the days on the calendar until the big game in New Orleans....the state...errrr...sorry...National Championship game.

Fellow Kentuckians, and I know there are a few on this board, be proud of the collegiate basketball programs we have. Whether it's Blue and White, Red and Black, Ricky or Tubby. Fans from Paducah to Pikeville are experiencing and sharing a rare and great moment!!!

Go-Buckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
Craptacular
College Starter

Re: Proud to be a Kentuckian

Quote:
I'm gonna watch the Cards whip the piss outta Marquette this weekend.

That should be a great game ... I might actually watch a college basketball game before March.

Last edited by Craptacular : 02-11-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I went to Big Bone Lick State Park once, that's in Kentucky.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lathum
I went to Big Bone Lick State Park once, that's in Kentucky.

Believe it or not, Big Bone Lick is not far from Beaver Lick. (Seriously) also nearby is Paint Lick, but that's just not as much fun to visit.

By the way, Go-Buckeyes, they were saying on the radio here in Cincinnati that the last time UK, UL were top 5 at the same time was 1981 or thereabouts.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Believe it or not, there are 20 other good teams in the country this year. Plus, Kentucky is peaking at the wrong time.

Louisville is an early Final Four pick for me.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #6
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Not. Going. To. Say. A. Word.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

That was 6 words.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 10:20 AM   #8
ColtCrazy
College Starter

For us Hoosiers that live near Kentucky, it's "gawd" awful murder to listen to it over, and over, and over, and over, and over....
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote