Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2003, 07:26 PM   #1
kid_dynamite
Mascot

Question lost talent

i dont know if this has happened to anyone or if this has been talked about before but here goes...

i had a FB on my team who has been good since day one. he was on the decline a little bit since he was in his 9th season but will still a really good FB. then on fine day his current estimate fell from like 67 to 41. he didnt get injuried and this wasnt after a season where he just lost it due to being old. this was smack in the middle of the season when he his ratings just fell through the roof. what is up with that?

kid_dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

I had a QB who dropped like a rock one season. He was my starter for several seasons. Half way through the season we start losing. I nose around and find out he has NO red lines left!

I sat him, started the backup and salvaged the season. But you're right, it is a little startling.

Last edited by Flame Eater : 02-11-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
ACStrider
High School JV

It's interesting that you mention that. When I play, I keep track of player ratings throughout the year to see how they have developed. One of my starting guards who had 9 years experience went into training camp and came out with a 22 point jump to his overall rating. I'll take it mind you, but it was a bit of a surprise to me. He already was pretty good. Now I think I could see him being first team all pro.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:24 AM   #4
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
It's interesting that you mention that. When I play, I keep track of player ratings throughout the year to see how they have developed. One of my starting guards who had 9 years experience went into training camp and came out with a 22 point jump to his overall rating. I'll take it mind you, but it was a bit of a surprise to me. He already was pretty good. Now I think I could see him being first team all pro.

I just had that happen too, I resigned my RT who was maybe a 41, just because he was the team leader. He then jumped to a 75, with 100's for run blocking and blocking power!!!!
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:38 PM   #5
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I like to sim just my game first so i can look at the player of the week for just my game and sometimes you will see an injury such as ACL reconstructive surgery or Severe Depression 0 weeks and the players ratings will drop like a stone. So if you sim an entire week you will not see these.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote