Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #1
bbor
Pro Starter

Leafs sold.....Ottawa???

Maple leaf sports and entertainment group was sold by the majority owner Steve Stavro.The buyer was the teachers pension fund.....

//RANT//

Now on to Ottawa...WTF..why are they being resold to the same moron that owns them now??

Is this how business is now?...open a company..spend shitloads of cash...go heavily in debt......go bankrupt..and rebuy the business for a third of what you debt was??..how can this happen?..

Te NHL is really shitting the bed when it comes to getting their house in order...

Hammister in Buffalo was a joke also....why sell the team to a guy who does'nt have financing in place?....

Gary Bettman..you are an ASSCLOWN.

//d rant//

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.

bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Re: Leafs sold.....Ottawa???

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
Gary Bettman..you are an ASSCLOWN.

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The funny thing about the Ottawa situation is that the fans actually love the idea of Bryden getting it back. For some reason, they're convinced this guy is a wonderful owner and can't imagine anyone else taking over.

Bryden has done one good thing: appointed smart hockey people to job and let them do them. Other than that, he's a disaster.

Yet the folks in Ottawa are dancing in the streets at the news that this con artist is back, despite the fact that a billionairre was waiting in the wings to scoop up the team and spend some money on it.

Bizarre.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #4
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

What happened with MLSE was Stavro sold his shares. Ontario Teachers Pension Plan already owned shares in MLSE, they just aquired a few mores shares and now they own 58% of MLSE. Most of Stavro's shares were sold to Bell Globemedia Inc. The company who ones CTV, TSN, Bell Express Vu!, and countless other entities. Bell now owns 15% of MLSE. The other shares are owned by TD Capital and buissness man, Larry Tanenbaum. It was more of a restructuring of ownership then an outright sale, as 3/4 of the owners still remain.

Also, regarding Ottawa... Bryden, although he has limited cash, is the best buyer for the team. Under Bryden the team has been one of the best run franchises in the NHL. The debt everyone is speaking of now is debt that was incurred when the franchise started, not debt that was incurred by mis-management.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:38 PM   #5
bbor
Pro Starter

I agree....Bryden is prolly a great owner for the team..BUT,

Do you wanna foot the bill for his team?..If he defaults on loans to Canadian banks guess who pays??

I'll give ya three guess's.....Taxe.taxes,taxes

Now besides that...Bryden has been trying to get the Canadian taxpayers to foot the bill for his team for a long time.The only reason why the Sens went into Bankruptcy is because none of his "tax shelters" worked...the Government vetoed any shelters that would save the team and make the Canadian taxpayers foot the bill.

So...would you rather have the Billionaire owner of Biovale own the team...and pay maybe 50 cents on the dollar...or an scamming fool pay under a dime for every dollar he owes?

Also...i don't care that he inherited the debt when he took over the team..the bottom line is he knew it was 350 mil in debt BEFORE he bought it...it was no great shock to him to find that out after he purchased the team....So if you can't handle the debt...why oh why did you buy the team??

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote