Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Jericho TV Show(Some Spoilers)

This show has really surprised me up to now. DEcent story and seems like the directors/producers are trying to do the LOST type story again. There isn't alot of info. ABOUT (SPOILERS BELOW)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Nuke attacks except we know seven major cities in the US are hit and it sounds like this is world wide. Were the attacks from China, Russia, a Rogue-state or some evil alien race? This show could be really great or really flop dependig on how the big overarching story goes.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-27-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I've enjoyed the show so far. The early reviews have been pretty harsh paticularly with Skeet Ulrich. I havent read how the ratings have been so far but I hope they keep the show on long enough to work out the story lines.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am mixed about the show. I wasn't looking forward to this week because of the 'radiation is coming' storyline. I am interested in the storyline with the St. Louis cop who just moved to town. He knew this was coming. I'll keeop watching.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm enjoying it so far. Some really good new shows this season as opposed to past years, so I'm expecting most of the ones I like will end up cancelled.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I really like this show. Agree on wanting more storyline on the cop.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I had a good laugh from reading some of the pre-season reviews about this show. One in particular said that they were trying to create a new Lost, but instead of going with a cast of pretty people in paradise they went with blah people in Kansas.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I had a good laugh from reading some of the pre-season reviews about this show. One in particular said that they were trying to create a new Lost, but instead of going with a cast of pretty people in paradise they went with blah people in Kansas.

I don't know...that Skeet Ulrich chick is pretty hot although a little flat chested.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
bbor
Pro Starter

So far so good in my books.I have enjoyed it o far.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

between this and "kidnapped" i just feel like the new thing is the "lost" clone. the "let's mindfuck the viewer" type of show, as opposed to reality tv. not that i'm complaining, at least it's drama instead of reality tv, but i can only take so much of it. i think that's why i have never been able to get into lost. almost too many plot twists.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
between this and "kidnapped" i just feel like the new thing is the "lost" clone. the "let's mindfuck the viewer" type of show, as opposed to reality tv. not that i'm complaining, at least it's drama instead of reality tv, but i can only take so much of it. i think that's why i have never been able to get into lost. almost too many plot twists.

I think the success of "Lost" and to a lesser extent "24" are thing single best things to happen to primetime network T.V. in years. Before those shows sort of hit it big, primetime TV had become a wasteland for the most part. There were some good shows around for certain, but most of what was on TV was reality show after reality show and an endless procedural dramas likes the CSIs and the Law & Orders. The success of "Lost" proved that a show could be smart, complex, have interesting characters, and progress week-to-week and be successful. Those are all good things in my view.

Last year there were a flurry of copy-cats like "Invasion" and those other two alien invasion shows. All three failed. This year you have "Jericho", "Heroes", and some others. Hopefully at least one of these shows will catch on and help re-inforce the notion that T.V. can be smart, complex, and interesting.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:

How is Kidnapped like Lost and Jericho??
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post

I don't see it either.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post

Its a serial drama, like 24. Shows that require you watch every episode or your lost(no pun intended).
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i guess kidnapped isn't quite the mindfuck that lost is. and jericho certainly isn't YET (although you can see it trending in that direction).
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #15
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
i guess kidnapped isn't quite the mindfuck that lost is. and jericho certainly isn't YET (although you can see it trending in that direction).

I can't even see how Kidnapped us a "mindfuck" at all... it's like an episode of Law & Order, except its dragged out over a whole season.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #16
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Put Vanished and Prison Break as other serial tv series that are great too.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #17
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know, I watched the pilot and felt like I could predict the next two seasons. Formulaic is the word I'd use. Course I never liked Lost either.

Heroes on the other hand...

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-28-2006 at 06:32 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #18
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Heroes on the other hand...

......was beyond boring.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #19
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think the success of "Lost" and to a lesser extent "24" are thing single best things to happen to primetime network T.V. in years.

Good Lord.

Lost is the most pumped-up formulaic (in it's own way) piece of garbage in years. I predict every episode: 2 background story flashbacks, mix in a teaser that means nothing, and then end on a "cliffhanger" that leads to another episode of the same that tells us nothing. Blah.

"24" was good when it came out. Now I feel like, "Just get it the fuck over with".
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #20
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Good Lord.

Lost is the most pumped-up formulaic (in it's own way) piece of garbage in years. I predict every episode: 2 background story flashbacks, mix in a teaser that means nothing, and then end on a "cliffhanger" that leads to another episode of the same that tells us nothing. Blah.

"24" was good when it came out. Now I feel like, "Just get it the fuck over with".

Sparty on.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #21
muns
Pro Starter

Its different, and I have also enjoyed it so far. I was ticked that the guy didnt show us what he wrote down off the morse code. It left me hanging for next week.

MUNS
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #22
Tiphnie
n00b

When he went into his little room and started marking off towns I assumed that it was a list of the towns that were hit. *shrug*
Tiphnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #23
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiphnie View Post
When he went into his little room and started marking off towns I assumed that it was a list of the towns that were hit. *shrug*

welcome to FOFC. and which of our male members is responsible for your finding our little corner of the internet?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #24
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
welcome to FOFC. and which of our male members is responsible for your finding our little corner of the internet?

PaulFred?????
Old 09-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #25
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
PaulFred?????

Dude, no one will get that unfunny joke.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #26
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiphnie View Post

Was hoping for more than that
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #27
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The wife and I watched the first two episodes last night... overall it was pretty good, I suspect we'll stick with it. Part of the appeal at this stage is that we don't know if this is a straightforward story or a Lost/Twin Peaks type of show.

A couple of questions on things I'm guessing we missed:
- In the first episode, how did Ulrich's character know about the prison bus?
- Did anyone else find it odd, the scene in the second episode where the kid rides his bike to the girl's house, comes across this giant locked gate, and in the very next scene is at her front door?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #28
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
- In the first episode, how did Ulrich's character know about the prison bus?
- Did anyone else find it odd, the scene in the second episode where the kid rides his bike to the girl's house, comes across this giant locked gate, and in the very next scene is at her front door?

He drives the school bus by the Prison Bus if I remember right
Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #29
Galaril
Pro Starter

So, tonight's episode 3 was pretty good. I keep waiting for this show screw something up to kill it but it seems that this might be the next lost maybe.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #30
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Honestly, i think that black "cop" is a terrorist in a sleeper cell, he created the rain fallout story to scare people into hiding so he could move what i assume to be uranium or plutonium from his storage area to his house
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #31
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Honestly, i think that black "cop" is a terrorist in a sleeper cell, he created the rain fallout story to scare people into hiding so he could move what i assume to be uranium or plutonium from his storage area to his house

I think he really is/was a St. Louis cop, and heard something about preparation for an attack of some sort; and ran with his family. Or, conceivably, a former cop - turned - Homeland Security guy who deserted his post because he knew this was coming.

Last edited by Celeval : 10-06-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #32
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Last night was the first episode that I watched. For me it was very bleh. The big overall story didn't get enough attention and seems too implausible, while the little small town interpersonal stories are not of interest to me regardless of the backdrop.

It probably would have helped if I had seen the first two episodes though.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #33
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I think he really is/was a St. Louis cop, and heard something about preparation for an attack of some sort; and ran with his family. Or, conceivably, a former cop - turned - Homeland Security guy who deserted his post because he knew this was coming.

I find it hardish to believe that a regular street cop would have that kind of info. But who knows

Regardless of all that.. why would he be cementing in a drum of somesorts if he was good?
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #34
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Last night was the first episode that I watched. For me it was very bleh. The big overall story didn't get enough attention and seems too implausible, while the little small town interpersonal stories are not of interest to me regardless of the backdrop.

It probably would have helped if I had seen the first two episodes though.
Not necessarily. I'm feeling much the same way. Every time I want to like this show, it hits me with something I just don't care about.

I'm supposed to buy that there's been some sort of unprecedented disaster, leaving millions (billions?) dead. Given that, I really don't care about:

- the loser kid who can't sit with the popular girl
- the main character and the teacher making eyes at each other
- the farmer and the auditor making eyes at each other
- the blonde girls fiance being alive or dead
- the brother cheating on his wife

I want to know about the explosions, who was behind them, and the "cop" and what he's up to. That's pretty much it. That's three more things than I care about in most shows so it's a really good start. And I realize that you need some secondary story lines. But it feels like the show keeps waiting for me to scream things at my TV like "kiss her, you fool!" and I'm just not feeling that.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #35
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am really enjoying this show and it is slowly building very similar to how lost took off. If it can finsih strong this season and gets picked up for next season the story could be interesting.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #36
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
......was beyond boring.

Out of curiosity, what shows do you like?

(It's just that so far the shows you've not liked are the shows I tune into every week)

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #37
Galaril
Pro Starter

Did this show get picked up for next season or the spring season more accurately? I really enjoyed it.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #38
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

It'll be back in February.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #39
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Not necessarily. I'm feeling much the same way. Every time I want to like this show, it hits me with something I just don't care about.

I'm supposed to buy that there's been some sort of unprecedented disaster, leaving millions (billions?) dead. Given that, I really don't care about:

- the loser kid who can't sit with the popular girl
- the main character and the teacher making eyes at each other
- the farmer and the auditor making eyes at each other
- the blonde girls fiance being alive or dead
- the brother cheating on his wife

I want to know about the explosions, who was behind them, and the "cop" and what he's up to. That's pretty much it. That's three more things than I care about in most shows so it's a really good start. And I realize that you need some secondary story lines. But it feels like the show keeps waiting for me to scream things at my TV like "kiss her, you fool!" and I'm just not feeling that.
Word!

If there was anything even remotely on against it I would watch something else.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #40
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I watched the beginning of the season, but the 'badness' of it weened me off of it. I mean I orginally watched it because it was so bad that it was fun, but then it became less fun as the season wore on (but still bad).
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #41
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Did this show get picked up for next season or the spring season more accurately? I really enjoyed it.

Latest reports give it at 60-40 that it will not return next season. Thankfully, Rules of Engagement looks to be safe.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #42
st.cronin
General Manager

I've been enjoying this show, too.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #43
KevinNU7
College Starter

The last 2 episodes have been good. They are finally moving out of Jericho and trying to get information.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #44
SackAttack
Head Coach

I haven't quite caught up yet - been downloading the episodes off of Xbox Live Video Marketplace, and I think I'm two weeks behind - but I'm really enjoying this show so far.

The bombshells - pun unintended - haven't been all that surprising to me.

One thing I don't quite get, though (warning: legit spoiler tag ahead!).

Spoiler
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #45
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I haven't quite caught up yet - been downloading the episodes off of Xbox Live Video Marketplace, and I think I'm two weeks behind - but I'm really enjoying this show so far.

Spoiler

Well, I think its actually the case that
Spoiler

knives out
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #46
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Well, I think its actually the case that
Spoiler

Spoiler

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #47
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Spoiler

Actually
Spoiler

knives out
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #48
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #49
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Actually
Spoiler

Spoiler

Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #50
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

dola: This is mainly to have an argument, not because I feel strongly or think taht the technicality in my argument is that important.