Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Antmeister
Pro Starter

What did this clown do now?

Looks like our resident poster cheated in yet another league. I am surprised so many people agreed for him to come back. Sorry but this is not RailsFS, but our resident clown.

http://primetime-football-league.com...pic.php?t=2156

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ok, that was foolish. They say that they didn't know if he cheated in the PFL and that is why they are considering the reinstatement. Oops.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Anyone that believes Justin cheated on purpose is a fucking moron.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

And anyone that is in that shithole of a league will continue to be cast in a negative light to me. How anyone could even be a part of that league with some of the characters that have remained in that league is beyond me.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

omg multiplayer fof drama
Old 08-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

-jshipman9476: i don't feel i cheated but whatever is best for the league...i understand

-They suspected me of cheating, a claim that I am NOT going to deny.

-My goal was to get caught and then drop or get kicked out of every league except the PFL. Then I could concentrate more time to the wife and a little more time to the PFL.

---

Right.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

heh - when I first read that I thought you meant you didn't think he cheated at all...and you were the one who uncovered it.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 08-03-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I in no way want to come off as sounding like I think Justin will cheat again

"Once a cheater always a cheater"

Nice.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

*L*

I like this line...

'on one hand, richard nixon was pardoned but on the other milli vanilli never got another chance so I'm torn'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
Joe
Pro Starter

someone sent this to me yesterday:
"A guy comes onto AIM a while ago using the name PFLCheaters, tells me that Justin Shipman is already back in PFL using a new screen name and an ip masker as Titans Owner Romgrnt."

Now.. this guy is in like 5 leagues so... sounds like shipman. Any way to test it?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
someone sent this to me yesterday:
"A guy comes onto AIM a while ago using the name PFLCheaters, tells me that Justin Shipman is already back in PFL using a new screen name and an ip masker as Titans Owner Romgrnt."

Now.. this guy is in like 5 leagues so... sounds like shipman. Any way to test it?

I am about 99% certain that Romgrnt is Justin Shipman.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S

that is what my other information says as well
Old 08-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
molson
General Manager

It still boggles my mind that someone would cheat at a sports sim.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #14
Fouts
College Starter

This guy must love attention. Too bad it's all negative.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #15
Iceman99
n00b

Are you guys serious that he is using that screen name? If that is true I am so done with that league...

I joined PFL before the scandal and was just happy to own the Buc's.... But I will not play around with that crap...
Iceman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #16
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Someone named RomGrnt recently took over the Toronto franchise in the FOFL.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman99
Are you guys serious that he is using that screen name? If that is true I am so done with that league...

I joined PFL before the scandal and was just happy to own the Buc's.... But I will not play around with that crap...

I guess it's quittin time
Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
jamesUMD
High School JV

I am pretty sure he's the Cowboy's in the Wigfl but I know now to watch the contracts. It'll be sweeter to be a cheater.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #19
NickSaban
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S

Ya'll may or may not know, but I'm the Admin of the PFL's website. That's an interesting allegation, but as of now, I don't believe it. The IPs don't match, and aren't even close. All of Justin's other handles have IP addresses that overlap.

If I had to guess, I would say that RomGrmt's ISP resets his IP address every so often, so he has a ton of (similar) IP addresses he has posted from, and he's probably posted a couple of times from another computer, be that work or a friend's house or something. My guess is that whoever it was that IM'd TexasGM is trying to take advantage of recent posts to stir up a little controversy.
NickSaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #20
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSaban
Ya'll may or may not know, but I'm the Admin of the PFL's website. That's an interesting allegation, but as of now, I don't believe it. The IPs don't match, and aren't even close. All of Justin's other handles have IP addresses that overlap.

If I had to guess, I would say that RomGrmt's ISP resets his IP address every so often, so he has a ton of (similar) IP addresses he has posted from, and he's probably posted a couple of times from another computer, be that work or a friend's house or something. My guess is that whoever it was that IM'd TexasGM is trying to take advantage of recent posts to stir up a little controversy.

I believe jshipman already admitted to it according to this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=51645

Quote:
To this point, he and I have traded PMs and he maintains that he is Grant Romero. Fair enough.

We are removing him from FOFL, effective immediately.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
NickSaban
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
I believe jshipman already admitted to it according to this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=51645

Just caught that thread. Thanks for the heads up. I'm on it.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #22
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Cheese dick sent an e-mail to Cringer on May 11th in hopes of getting back into the ImperialFL. Thank god our waiting list is about a half-dozen long.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:01 AM   #23
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow. What jshipman did was wrong, but isn't it a little drastic to change the name of the league because of a ridiculous cheater. Since he had joined a number of leagues under a different alias, I don't think what they are suggesting here is warranted:
http://primetime-football-league.com...pic.php?t=2164

One of the GMs is even leaving the league. Damn.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:24 AM   #24
NickSaban
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
Wow. What jshipman did was wrong, but isn't it a little drastic to change the name of the league because of a ridiculous cheater. Since he had joined a number of leagues under a different alias, I don't think what they are suggesting here is warranted:
http://primetime-football-league.com...pic.php?t=2164

One of the GMs is even leaving the league. Damn.

Situation in the PFL is a little different than other leagues Justin was a part of, b/c not only was he part of our league, he was its founder and original commissioner. If he truly did come back as romgrnt, than it might be better just to flush the entire FOF community of what has been referred to as a tainted PFL and start from scratch. And besides, it would be fun to have a league with 2006 player files.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #25
KODIAKBEAR
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
And anyone that is in that shithole of a league will continue to be cast in a negative light to me. How anyone could even be a part of that league with some of the characters that have remained in that league is beyond me.

If you are talking about the PFL, then I resent the very lies that are coming out of your mouth/or terminal. You may have your opinions, but that does not make them facts for you to be calling a whole league and their owners names. "From the mouth the heart speaks" If anyones charecter should be in question it should be those who make false statements without knowing all the facts.

I respectfully request that you keep one of my leagues the PFL, if that is who you are refering to out of your mouth.

Sincerely Kodiakbear
PFL Chicago Bears
Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 AM   #26
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

This is like the most serious dramabomb in the history of history.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #27
rkmsuf
Head Coach

All I can envision are girly punches.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #28
Hoya1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODIAKBEAR
If you are talking about the PFL, then I resent the very lies that are coming out of your mouth/or terminal. You may have your opinions, but that does not make them facts for you to be calling a whole league and their owners names. "From the mouth the heart speaks" If anyones charecter should be in question it should be those who make false statements without knowing all the facts.

I respectfully request that you keep one of my leagues the PFL, if that is who you are refering to out of your mouth.

Sincerely Kodiakbear
PFL Chicago Bears

The fact that the PFL has had more "cheating" going on by its participants does put your league in a negative light. The fact that there's even a vote to let the commissioner of cheaters back into your league does nothing to shed yourselves from this.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

We need a class on comma usage. Summon: Quiksand.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #30
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSaban
Situation in the PFL is a little different than other leagues Justin was a part of, b/c not only was he part of our league, he was its founder and original commissioner. If he truly did come back as romgrnt, than it might be better just to flush the entire FOF community of what has been referred to as a tainted PFL and start from scratch. And besides, it would be fun to have a league with 2006 player files.

Uh wow! I haven't been keeping up with this stuff. I know of the FastFL and their issues, but I didn't read enough about the PFL. I mean I knew about the jshipman incident, but I didn't realize he was the founder. I also didn't realize that there was a history of having some cheaters in the league (well according to the other posts I am reading here). Damn.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #31
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
We need a class on comma usage. Summon: Quiksand.

Lost cause.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #32
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have no idea what's going on.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #33
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:

Sincerely Kodiakbear
PFL Chicago Bears
If you are going to post here more, then I think this whole drama is worth it.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #34
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm confused. Why did sovereignstar have Kodiakbear's league in his mouth? Also, does that make sovereignstar gay?

edit: Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Last edited by Bee : 08-04-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #35
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm confused. Why did sovereignstar have Kodiakbear's league in his mouth?
He lost a bet with Suicane.

Quote:
Also, does that make sovereignstar gay?
Without question.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #36
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm confused. Why did sovereignstar have Kodiakbear's league in his mouth? Also, does that make sovereignstar gay?

edit: Not that there's anything wrong with that...

He probably mistook it for Suicane's leauge. And, yes, I think it might. It makes him "bi" at the very least.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 08-04-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #37
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
He lost a bet with Suicane.

Without question.

Great minds, my friend. . . Great minds.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #38
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Dola

JINX!

Anytime you make a post, you owe me a quarter until I release you from this jinx.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
It still boggles my mind that someone would cheat at a sports sim.

Originally it boggled my mind too, until I started running online leagues a few years back. I had to stop because I could no longer trust people online. I did get pretty good at sniffing out the serious ones, but that just made it more disturbing to me as there always seemed to be someone in the league who was cheating and that was ruining the integrity of the league as a whole (especially when trying a historical league in OOTP and teams were tanking it in years when there were big name players coming out the next year).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #40
QuikSand
lolzcat

If anyone could grab an entire league with his mouth, you'd think it would be the bear guy. *shurg*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #41
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So what is the FOFC username of this Justin guy? I just want to know who to call a douchebag next time he posts.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #42
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
So what is the FOFC username of this Justin guy? I just want to know who to call a douchebag next time he posts.
I've heard that it starts with "P" and ends with "umpy Tudors."
Old 08-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #43
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

This would have been much more entertaining coming from someone other than you.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #45
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I like to nip that shit in the bud.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #46
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #47
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sincerely Kodiakbear
PFL Chicago Bears

That's right Cochise, go eat some more fried bread.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #48
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman

OK, maybe I was wrong.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #49
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:

Pete Grumpy Tudors?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #50
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Speaking of leagues...which was the one that was going to have a sim every 7 minutes? If they are intact, should they be in season 2,067 by now?

Also - rongrmt is in the NFLFO as the Tampa Bay GM. I'm going to give the Commish time to do something about this -- I hope he does the right thing.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote