Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Signing Day

Any of y'all that follow college football closely have any opinions or thoughts on the signing t'day?

daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

My Sun Devils had a nice class...too bad we couldn't get Ofe what's his name out of Texas.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:01 AM   #3
Easy Mac

I tried to check my school's football messageboard, but it crashed
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #4
Craptacular
College Starter

As usual, UW got a bunch of big lineman. Geez, two of the highest rated guys are both 6'8"!!

Last edited by Craptacular : 02-06-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 10:02 AM   #5
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

UCF signs one of the best Non-"BCS/Bowl Cartel" classes in America.

The Knights are on the way up.. Look for ESPN to soon jump onto the bandwagon, ala Marshall, Louisville, Colorado State, etc..
Old 02-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Having followed recruiting in the Pac-10 for the last 3 years, I'm amazed by the USC Trojan's class - they grabbed the top guys in the west at every position they were recruiting. I'm surprised there are analysts not rating their class #1 - LSU and Florida must've really cleaned up to be rated higher than USC. If Pete Carroll and his staff do a decent job of coaching and developing them, the Pac-10 may be witnessing a return of Trojan dominance much like the late-60's to late-70's run under McKay and Robinson.

Washington grabbed a very athletic class full of speed, and should be set at WR, CB and S for the future.

Stanford did an amazing job near the end grabbing some big-time guys.

Cal really capitalized on Jeff Tedford's success last season and signed a very good class

Arizona State under Dirk Koetter likewise did a great job of capitalizing on his on-field success. If ASU ever manages to keep a great coach in the fold, they could be scary - they have some of the best resources in the country with their great weather, impressive stadium and facilities, and some of the finest co-eds in the country.

UW, Stanford, Cal and ASU all fall somewhere behind USC's amazing class and each of them could be ranked anywhere from 2-4 in the conference.

I thought Karl Dorrell made the best of a poor situation at UCLA and managed to grab a few key guys there at the end. It'll be interesting to see how well he can compete with Pete Carroll with a full-season at his disposal.

WSU continued to grab less-heralded players than the rest of the conference, though they've proven in '97 and the last 2 years that recruiting rankings don't necessarily guarantee on-field success or failure.

Oregon grabbed a few real good ones at the end, salvaging what at first appeared to be a real sub-par class. I think they'll probably rate somewhere around UCLA in the middle of the conference.

Oregon State didn't make a lot of waves this season with recruiting, though there are a few standouts.

Arizona frankly did a lot better than I expected given the mutiny against Mackovic in the middle of the season.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #7
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Purdue grabbed its best class ever. IU sucked ass. That's all I need to know.