Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2003, 07:12 AM   #1
RendeR
Coordinator

FOFC Racing Busch Style Season 2

SECOND SEASON OF FOFC BUSCH RACING SET TO COMMENCE

DAYTONA BEACH – The green flag will fly on Saturday for the inaugural Busch race of Season 2. Series Commissioner Angus MacAngus is confident that this season will be even more competitive than 2002. “We’ve lost three great drivers to Winston Cup, but that’s been more than offset by a huge influx of talent who have worked their way up through dirt tracks and short ovals of FOFC Central.”

Returning for a second season are five FOFC divers from last year. The most promising of these is wiley veteran Chuck Farley. It appears his dispute with sponsor Wrigley Gum has been settled and he will drive he Doublemint colours full-time this year. Brad Weiser hopes to improve his consistency in the Buffalo Sabres Dodge to earn a spot in Winston Cup for next year. Questions still remain about the talent of Mark Allen who was thought to be returning to soap box racing this year, but was able to extend his agreement to drive the Exxon car. Cole Richard showed promise in a late season stint in the Comair Oldsmobile. This youngster looks to have a bright future. That leaves the enigma known as He’s Crapnificent. At times he was magnificent, but more often he was just plain crap. Expect him to be no more than a spoiler late in the season.

That brings us to a huge rookie crop. At least twelve rookies will start the season on the famed Daytona tri-oval. The biggest buzz is about the first female driver in this series, Jeanie Snow. Only a Petty or Andretti could come from a finer racing pedigree. If names are any indication, also look for big things from Curtis Parsons who looks to at least surpass his uncle Benny in biscuit eating. Hazzard County, Georgia will be represented Aaaron “Little Boss” Hogg in the Future Farmers Chevy. Look for good things from fellow southerner BillyRayBob Cole.

If you think BillyRayBob and Craonificent are strange names, wait for the arrival of WSU Cougar. Mark Allen commented “What the heck kind of name is Wazoo? I know our immigration policy needs to be tightened.”

Look up “tough” in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Timmy O’Toole, the strapping son of the meanest Boston policeman that ever walked a beat. Expect him to scrape some paint of his Sears Chevy. He may meet his match in Will Brown representing his home state Oklahoma Sooners. He is known to refer to the outside wall as a passing aid.

Fanov Rippey will debut in Busch after a disappointing Winston Cup campaign last year. Dave Russell, Eric Anderson and Scottie Montgomery are relative unknowns and will have to prove their mettle.

Undoubtedly the most eccentric driver will be Monty Cobra, the aging British rebel who left Formula 1 in disgrace last year for performing the “full” version of his name on the podium in Monza. He will be driving the Mossehead Chevy this season. When we contacted Cobra, he launched into the following tirade: “Moosehead? You mean skunk’s arse don’t you? And you Yanks make the putrid piss worse by serving it cold.” Commissioner McAngus is sure to dish out a few fines this year.

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:13 AM   #2
RendeR
Coordinator

FOFC RACERS DISAPPOINT AT DAYTONA

DAYTONA (AP) – FOFC racers took 7 of the top ten qualifying spots for the Florida Ski Hill Operators 400, but were unable to parlay their quick laps into great race results. WSU Cougar, Fanov Rippey and Dave Russell were the early favourites based on their performances leading up to the race. Cougar was especially disappointed in no finishing in the top 10 after qualifying on the pole. “I was so looking forward to showing these olks that us northwesterners could race with the old boys from the south. But at least they know old Wazzoo ain’t no freigner now.”

Several FOFC drivers held he lead for at least one lap in the early going. The first incident on lap 82 brought an early end to the day of Jeanie Snow, Eric Anderson and Aaron Hogg. BillyRayBoB Cle fared no better after a crash at lap 142. Pal Baker took the lead at lap 146 and held on over the last 4 laps to take the checkered flag in the Absolut Vodka Taurus.

Cole Richard led all FOFC racers with a 5th place finish. Brad Weiser showed a respectable 7th while Chuck Farley was a steady 10th.

(Feel free to post your post race interviews on this thread)
Old 02-05-2003, 07:13 AM   #3
RendeR
Coordinator

COBRA ROUSES OLD RIVALRIES WITH WIN AT ROCKINGHAM

ROCKINGHAM (RUETERS) – Monty Cobra may have singularly rekindled the War of Independence with his inflammatory remarks after winning the Front Office Curling 300 at North Carolina Speedway on Saturday.

The race itself showed the awaited dominance of FOFC drivers in the series. 7 of the top 10 places in qualifying and happy hour were taken by the FOFC drivers led by WSU Cougar, Fanov Rippey and Monty Cobra.

From the drop of the green, it was a remarkably clean day of racing with no cautions until lap 215 after WSU Cougar ended his dominating performance by clipping the turn 3 wall after banging with Curtis Parsons and Will Brown. Look for fireworks in the coming weeks among these three hard chargers.

Cobra took advantage of the melee to take the lead and cruise to a relatively easy victory. Timmy O’ Toole also took the odium with a third place finish. Scottie Montgomery was 5th while Rippey, Hogg and Allen were in the top 10 at 6th, 7th and 10th respectively.

Cobra opened his victory speech by claiming that American racing was for poofters and upperclass twits. “It was a total bore out there today driving in bloody circles around a bunch of colonists who have forgotten their allegiance to the Crown” said Cobra. “In fact, I couldn’t even buy a decent bit of albatross at the concessions.” Timmy O’Tolle was incensed at the remarks and refused to take the podium with Cobra to celebrate his first top 3 finish. “If that holier than thou Limey thinks I’m going to stand up there in front of the Union Jack-Off, he’s got another thing coming.”

After two weeks of hard racing, Ron Cherry leads the points race. FOFC racer Cole Richard is in 3rd, Fanov Rippey is 5th, ‘The Full” Monty Cobra is 6th, O’Toole 7th and Scotttie “the Little Softie” Montgomery in 10th.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

Cole Richard on Racing

Cincinnati (AP) - Today, I have the pleasure of sitting down and talking with the newest FOFC Racing sensation Cole Richard.

(I) - How much did last year's racing help into this year?

(R) - Last year was great, just to be able to get out there and run laps and be competetive was good.

(I) - You finished 5th at Daytona and are currently 3rd in the standings, how do you feel the season is going?

(R) - This has been a great start, we just want to stay consistant and eventually we will pull a win off.

(I) - Car or Plane?

(R) - No contest, you can't beat going fast, these cars are a walk in the park. I feel like everyone else is going in slow motion. I caught myself pulling on the wheel trying to make it fly.

(I) - Any thoughts on other drivers?

(R) - This is a bit leading don't you think? I mean I don't think you want me sitting here talking about washed up Minardi drivers. Everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure that he takes as much as he gives. At least, his mom was happy for him. Also, looking forward to seeing He's Crap...do something this year, he showed promise as a late season addition last year. I just hope that I can move up this year.

(I) - Well..uh.ok...thanks Cole, good luck to you as the season progesses.

(R) - Thanks. Anytime
Old 02-05-2003, 07:14 AM   #5
RendeR
Coordinator

Just thought I'd save this thread for everyone, enjoy!

Ren
Old 02-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #6
Kevin
High School JV

Thanks for bringing this over Ren. The races have been completed through race 6. I will try to do the write ups this weekend and perhaps run one or two more races. I do have one post race quote from Monty to keep things stirred up - "Don't you colonists know how to turn the bloomin' wheel to the right?"
Old 02-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #7
Kevin
High School JV

RIPPEY DOMINATES IN THE DESERT

LOST WAGES, NV - Fanov Rippey made statement to the Winston Cup division today by dominating the third Busch race of the season in Lost Wages. Rippey's #21 RPI Dodge was the class of the field, running up front and trading the lead with Scottie Montgomery's Powerade Chevy for most of he day beore pulling away over the last 28 laps for the win. Rippey is in Busch racing this season by virtue of his poor performance in the Winston Cup last year. "It's great to prove the experts wrong" said an emotional Rippey following the race. "I'll be back up there next year"

Montgomery finished a distant second, several car lengths ahead of Brithish veteran Monty Cobra. "Bloody Christ, it's hot out here" exclaimed an exhusted Cobra. "There's not even a decent shubbery under to which to take some shade."

Eric Anderson was a strong 4th. BillyRayBob Cole, Will Brown and Dave Russell took 6th through 8th and Wazzou Cougar finished a very respectable 10th.

After three races Rippey hold a small 17 point lead over Montgomery who is four ahad of Cobra. Timmy O'Toole sits 6th just ahead of Cole Richard while He's Crapnificent is overjoyed at his 9th position in the early season going.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:19 AM   #8
Kevin
High School JV

MONTGOMERY AVOIDS WRECK TO TAKE CHECKERED IN HOTLANTA

Prior to Saturday's Busch race in Hotlanta the consensus around the pits was that Wissoo Cougar and Monty Cobra were the cars to beat. They had qualified on the front row and dominated the practice and warmup sessions.

Those predictions looked like they would materialize for the first two thirds of the race. That dominance ended on lap 200 when Cougar was nudged by the lapped Dodge of BillyRayBob Cole steering him into the paths of He's Crapnificent and Jeanie Snow who had also just gone a lap down. All four cars suffered major damage and were forced to retire from the race.

There was lots of cose racing until the final caution. Scottie Montgomery got out of the pits first to take the green at lap 285 and was able to cruise his Powerade Chevy into victory lane from there. The win gave Montgomery his third straight top ten, a feat matched by 3rd place finisher and points leader Fanov Rippey a well as by the controversial Cobra in 5th.

Timmy O'Toole was satisfied with a 4th place finish. Will Brown came in 6th just aead of Aaron Hogg in 7th. Chuck Farley was a solid 9th.

Heading to Darlington, Rippey holds a slim 7 point lead in the Championship over Montgomery. Cobra continues to hold third, but is wel within striking range of Rippey. O'Toole currently sits 4th, two spots ahead of Cole Richard and four spots above Chuck Farley. Crapnificent's wreck dropped him out of the top 10.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:52 AM   #9
RendeR
Coordinator

Just a quick update for all our players, My machine has died an ugly burned out motherboard death. We've ordered a new Dell system which will arrive sometime after the 13th. Once I get the machine here and install my extra hard drives and video card we will be able to get back to racing!! and posting the results =)

I appreciate the patience you've all shown with me during this!

Ren
Old 02-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
RendeR
Coordinator

Alrighty now folks, DELL amazingly enough has come through like a dream. My machine arrived 3 days after ordering it and was a breeze to install and upgrade with my own equipment. Beyond not shipping my flightmaster joystick with it (something I still have to contact them about) I have no complaints. In fact I am very very happy thus far.

Now down to the real good news, this weekend I will endeavor to catch up on everything that's been run thus far.

If at all possible I will run the next race in Cup while I'm at it =)

Thank you all for being so very patient with the unbelievably continuous computer problems I've had, we can hope that now they are behind us, and if this DELL fails me, we can all blame it on Hornsmaniac and stone him in the streets.

GENTLEMAN...START your ENGINES!!!!!!!!

Ren
Old 02-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
Kevin
High School JV

MARKET PRICES ON SHEET METAL RISE FOLLOWING DARLINGTON RACE

DARLINGTON, SC - There was lots of banging and paint trading at Saturday's Busch race. Strom Thurmond dubbed it "The Young and the Restless 2" after watching it from his box seat above the finish line.

Going into the race Fanov Rippey in his RPI Dodge looked like the car to beat based on his pre-race results capped by his first pole of the season. WSU Cougar and Timmy O'Toole were also being touted for great things by those in the know.

Monty Cobra also looked like a contender after qualifying in fifth. The Brit's day ended early with a blown header at lap 14. "^$*^ing piece of %&^$ing junk" bellowed an exasperated Cobra. "Not only can't we turn to the right at all, these *&*^ing american engines are less reliable than a *&)*&%&%^&%ing Austin Mini."

Rippey, Cougar and O'Toole hooked up with Scottie Montgomery to pul away from the pack for a long green flag run. Shortly after completing green flag stops, Montgomery caught a group of cars at the tail end of the lead lap and was caught up in a huge multi-car demolition derby ending his day along with seven others.

The ensuing dodging, banging, repairs, clean up and pit stops left only seven cars on the lead lap led by Cougar and Rippey. Brad Weiser and Dave Russell were both able to move into the top five.

Another stretch of green flag racing ensued culminating in another wreck as cars were exiting the pits under green. This dust up claimed six more victims, but put five more cars back on the lead lap. Brad Weiser put the Buffalo Sabres Dodge on the point for an extended run that ended with thirten laps remaining when he spun out in turn 4. Rippey took advantage and held off the hard charging Dave Russell driving the Dallas Cowboys Mustang for his second victory in five races. It was also his fourth straight top 10 result, making Fanov the clear favourite to collect the hardware at season's end.

Eric Anderson was impressive in third just ahead of Jeanie Snow. Snow finally showed the form that her mentor kai Collins predicted for at the season's beginning. He's Crapnificent was anything but crappy in sixth while Curtis Parsons squeaked into his first top 10 finish.

Rippey's victory opened a 111 point lead over iMontgomery in the Powerade Chevy. O'Toole sits third 151 points back. Cobra dropped to fourth. Cole Richard dropped one place to seventh and Chuck Farley lost two places to tenth.

Last edited by Kevin : 02-14-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 05:13 PM   #12
Kevin
High School JV

SNOW IN BRISTOL

BRISTOL, TN - No, It wasn't drifts of flakes that came to this Tennessee town on Saturday, but a victorious #10 Spree Chevy that came to victory lane, driven by Busch rookie, Jeanie Snow.

Snow wasn't particularly visible on the pre-race radar despite qualifying in sixth. All bets were on points leader Fanov Rippey with his second straight pole as well as some interest in WSU Cougar, starting second, and the volatile Monty Cobra who qualified fourth.

Despite the close quarters at Bristol, the race only featured a few incidents. Cobra was a victim of the first fender bender at lap 114, losing a lap to make repairs. The incident aloowed Will Brown in the Oklahoma Sooners Corvette to get the lead.
Timmy O'Toole and He's Crapnificent tangled 19 laps later ending both teams' races.

Snow was able to power to the lead at lap 165 and then then methodically lapped all but five cars on the way to her first win in the Series by a good margin over Busch veteran, Fujimoto Burns. Rippey turned in a solid third for his 5th consecutive top 10 performance. Will Brown was fifth right in front of Chuck Farley in the Doublemint Dodge. Monty Cobra nursed his Moosehead Chevy to a ninth place finish.

When asked if advice from mentors Chris Snow and Kai Collins made the difference, Jeanie replied: "they've been very helpful, but my true inspiration is Lance Vance. He's so smooth."

In the standings, Rippey extended his lead over Montgomery to 154 points. Cobra regained third despite losing ground to Rippey. O'Toole, Farley and Richard hold down the 6,7,8 trifecta positions.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:44 AM   #13
condors
College Starter

am i checking on the wrong website?

i can only see the rockingham results or is the website not updated?
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:05 PM   #14
RendeR
Coordinator

Kevin has run 8 races total, but due to my computer problems I think there are only 2 up there at this time. I will be putting the others up as I get them again from Kevin. Sorry for the problems! Now that I have a stable computer hopefully things will get on a more regular schedule!!

Ren
Old 02-20-2003, 06:15 AM   #15
condors
College Starter

no problem i just wanted to check i was going to the right website and not missing something
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 01:38 PM   #16
RendeR
Coordinator

All 8 current races have been updated on the site!
Old 02-22-2003, 02:16 PM   #17
vex
Grizzled Veteran

When will I get to see my car???
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #18
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
When will I get to see my car???

I emailed you a TGA file, driver pages will be coming along.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:26 AM   #19
Tasan
College Starter

Hot dog an update. 16th place so far, and a #2 to boot! If only I could lead a few more than 4 laps, I might be dangerous.