Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
KevinNU7
College Starter

The 4400: Season 3 (NO SPOILERS)

Well I searched a found a small 4400 thread for last season. Figured I'd create a new one to avoid spoilers.

Well seasons 3 is going pretty well so far. I think ending the last episode with "to be continued" shows that they plan on resolving the Maia issue in the next episode. IMO they could have ended it like any other episode and then had Maia reappear sometime in season 4 or something as sort of shock value.

Anyways the Isabell story line is obviously intrigueing and every scene between Matthew and her obviosuly reveals that he has told her alot about the future (whether he truely knows anything or is just trying to manipulate her).

What do people think of the obvious tie ins to X-Men that seem to be happening, i.e. fearful humans vs evil 4400s vs good 4400s. Always seemed to stick out like a sore thumb to mean. Sticks out even more now with the obvious push by Matthew to pit Isabell vs Shawn. Almost like Professor X vs Magneto.

KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dang, I guess I am the only one
Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

My TiVo stopped recording near the end of the last episode when the bedroom started to disappear.

I like the fact that Isabelle isn't going to let Matthew guide her anymore.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Thus far, I find the season unimpressive. It seems almost too X-Menesque now. Was getting there last season, and it's really gotten to that point now.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
My TiVo stopped recording near the end of the last episode when the bedroom started to disappear.

I like the fact that Isabelle isn't going to let Matthew guide her anymore.
You didn't miss anything. Just scenes for next week which I'm sure you will some commericals for.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
kingfc22
Head Coach

I still tivo it and I'm curious to see how mya comes back.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

I have only caught a couple episodes but the show looks really good. I may catch up with netflix one of these years.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

My VCR also cut off just as everything started to change. I was pissed. Glad to see I didn't miss anything. I like the episodes so far though the whole bit with Isabelle seems a bit far-fetched. Pretty soon though there aren't going to be any characters left if they keep at this pace.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #9
KevinNU7
College Starter

Nice twist this week. I thought it was going to say he had to kill his son but I was wondering why the package was so big.

I'm starting to wonder if the woman we keep seeing from the future is actually an alien and all this is to try and eliminate the human race in the future
Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm definitely enjoying the show, I just wish I could get it in HD.

I thought by this time we'd have seen something from Jordan Collier as indicated in the last season's finale.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #11
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well he was mentioned in a phone conversation between Matthew and someone else that he was "back."

I kind of assumed he was picked up by the Nova Group and he is working with them now
Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
Coder
College Prospect

With the revelation that the "future-people" can come and try to alter things, and that they've got different agendas, I'm starting to think that Matthew is actually another person from the future.

Also, I'm sure that Maia will be back... somehow..

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:18 AM   #13
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Well he was mentioned in a phone conversation between Matthew and someone else that he was "back."

I kind of assumed he was picked up by the Nova Group and he is working with them now

Yep, I think that's been the only mention of him though in this season. Also, in this last episode I think the woman from the future mentioned something about an agent of their rival group having gone back or something like that. I at first assumed that was Matthew, but my wife suggested it might be Jordan. I'm expecting lots of twists and turns this season and I think alot of what seems likely will turn out not to be the case.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #14
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder

I think you missed an episode
Old 07-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #15
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Yep, I think that's been the only mention of him though in this season. Also, in this last episode I think the woman from the future mentioned something about an agent of their rival group having gone back or something like that. I at first assumed that was Matthew, but my wife suggested it might be Jordan. I'm expecting lots of twists and turns this season and I think alot of what seems likely will turn out not to be the case.
I do not remember them saying that the other side sent someone back. I just remember them saying that the other side was trying to change things because they would profit from the catastrophe.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #16
KevinNU7
College Starter

It is a very confusing show when you break everything out.

Kyle who isn't part of the 4400 was put in a coma. Came back basically as a zombie and eventually his father (Tom) is explained about the future catastophe from someone in the future in Kyle's body. Then the person in Kyle's body kills Collier.

Now people from the future are pulling Tom out because he is an important piece of the puzzle. Are these the same people that killed Collier? Or did the other side kill Collier and just happen to inform Tom of the catastophe too?

I would imagine that the "good guys" from the future must have impregnated (name forgotted) so that Isabell would be created. Why would they want her killed? Or is the side that Tom is communicating now NOT the same side that sent the 4400s back?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #17
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I do not remember them saying that the other side sent someone back. I just remember them saying that the other side was trying to change things because they would profit from the catastrophe.

I am pretty sure they said something about the other side having sent at least one agent back in time. I assume they pulled someone up, changed them and then sent them back just like the other group did. I wonder if there's a transcript of the show someplace to check to make sure I'm not just delusional.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #18
KevinNU7
College Starter

It replays on Saturday I'll probably watch it again.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
I think you missed an episode

Not really.. I watched the episode where they find out that Maia died in the 1800s.. however, if they can change the history-line, I'm sure they can change it again ;-)

Old 07-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #20
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dude, she was back by the end of the episode
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #21
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice twist this week. I thought it was going to say he had to kill his son but I was wondering why the package was so big.

I'm starting to wonder if the woman we keep seeing from the future is actually an alien and all this is to try and eliminate the human race in the future

At first I tought she was from the Nova group. But after Tom meet her I think she someone from the future. Who knows if she is good or bad yet. Maybe she is tricking Tom.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #22
KevinNU7
College Starter

Do you think they will ever tell us why she was taken back to die of small pox? That seemed odd to me. And they did not mention the twins when they were recapping the children who were taken
Old 07-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #23
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I am enjoying this season more than last season.

Season 3 looks like it will have more twists and there more focus on the main chacters this season.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #24
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Dude, she was back by the end of the episode

Damn.. I knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep

Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #25
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
With the revelation that the "future-people" can come and try to alter things, and that they've got different agendas, I'm starting to think that Matthew is actually another person from the future.

I completely agree with you here Coder. I always thought it a bit odd that Matthew would have the means to kill Isabelle, and that he's clearly being shown as a manipulator. He's on one side or the other of the "future-people" I think.

Next episode looks like its going to be a sad one (not revealing spoiler in case people missed the next episode preview)
Old 07-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #26
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sigh, I hate it that I am missing this show.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #27
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well it certainly is getting interesting. I suppose it is clear now that Matthew was from the future and would be the "one sent back from the other side" Now whether or not he was on the evil side remains to be seen.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #28
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah Kevin, I think its up in the air which "future-side" is the evil one. I have to say what Tom did at the end there was damn stupid.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #29
KevinNU7
College Starter

What letting her live? Or confronting her?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #30
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My wife's thought about taping the shows and mailing them to me, but I don't have a flippin' VCR.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:14 AM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
What letting her live? Or confronting her?

Confronting her. Now she knows what he can do to her, and if she wanted she could have easily killed him right there and then and the future would have been screwed if she was on the "wrong side".
Old 08-28-2006, 09:27 PM   #32
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Anybody watch the Final?

Awesome Series.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:29 AM   #33
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Anybody watch the Final?

Awesome Series.

Yea. Some very interesting turn of events there at the end.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #34
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Yea. Some very interesting turn of events there at the end.
I enjoyed this season quite a bit. For me, it is kind of a "Lite" version of sci-fi. Take a little X-Men, mix it with some X-Files, then water it down for the non-sci-fi fans.

The writing for the most part is pretty good, and I think the acting has been solid - very good at times and not good at others. In particular, when the actors were playing their characters as mimic-ed by a particualr 4400 (regular viewers know who I'm talking about), they were very subtle in the way they acted as if to give you the hint they were not who they seemed and it was very well done.

I noticed that whenever they strayed from the main storyline and tried to focus on other issues (like relationships, particularly the main one at the end), the writing and acting completely falls apart. Also somewhat unfortunately the storylines are a little too predictable. Without including any spoilers (per the title), you can see from a mile away what is going to happen with Isabel next season. It was clearly obvious what was going to happen even before the need for it to happen had happened.

Anyways, a good season, a very nice followup to last year, and a great wrap-up. Many network series could learn a lot from how The 4400 handled all of the story arcs throughtout the season.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 AM   #35
Bee
Pro Starter

I pretty much agree with everything Toddzilla said. I've been impressed with the quality of the show from the beginning and I'm still being entertained by the story. Definitely one of my top 5 tv shows on the air currently.