Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Brangelina's baby arrives...

No Complications for Jolie's New Baby
By MAX HAMATA
Associated Press Writer

WINDHOEK, Namibia — It looks like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt got what every parent wants — a healthy baby. While Namibian officials declined Sunday to give any details on the birth Saturday of Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a doctor at the hospital said there were no complications and the mother and daughter were doing well.

"She is a healthy baby," the doctor said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release information. Brad Pitt's publicist announced Saturday, May 27, 2006 that Angelina Jolie has given birth to the couple's child in Africa.

Police ringed the hospital with tight security Sunday, refusing to admit journalists and photographers into the building.

Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti announced the birth Saturday night, but said no other information or photographs would be released.

Samuel Nuuyoma, the governor of the Namibian region of Erongo, confirmed the birth at the Welwitschia Clinic in Walvis Bay and seemed to hint that key details would be released shortly.

"Any information relating to the birth of the baby will be made available to the public soon," said Nuuyoma, who has become friends with the celebrity couple.

The government has gone to extraordinary lengths to protect the privacy of Jolie and Pitt, who came to Namibia to avoid photographers and in the weeks leading up to the birth of their first child.

Namibia put tight security around their hotel and the hospital, set up large green barriers to protect their privacy from photographers and refused to grant visas to any foreign journalists unless they had written permission from Jolie and Pitt to cover the birth.

Police have also arrested photographers and confiscated film.

In Springfield, Mo., where Pitt graduated from Kickapoo High School in 1982 and his parents and siblings remain, Pitt's family said they were delighted.

"It's an exciting time for Brad and Angie, and we are really happy for them and the kids," Brad's brother, Doug Pitt, told the News-Leader in an e-mail.

Speculation about the birth escalated Tuesday when Pitt sent an e-mail to the Cannes Film Festival that he was unable to attend the screening of his new film "Babel" because of the baby's "imminent arrival."

In "Babel," directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, the 42-year-old Pitt plays a husband and father trying to cope with a crisis on vacation in Morocco. Cate Blanchett plays Pitt's wife, and the film also stars Gael Garcia Bernal.

"I am tremendously proud of `Babel' and want to congratulate everyone involved for this great achievement," Pitt said in the e-mail.

Jolie and Pitt were linked romantically shortly after appearing together in the 2005 movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

Jolie, 30, is a frequent visitor to Africa and serves as goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees. She has two adopted children: toddler Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia. Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to adopt the children as well.

Pitt and actress Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall.

Jolie, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted," is divorced from Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

This baby hit the genetic lottery...if only the parents can stay together longer than your average Hollywood marriage, she'll live a charmed life.

oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i assume oliegirl wrote the last line of that story.

but it was much funnier thinking the AP wrote it...
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Hurst2112
College Starter

Only a girl could post this. A guy would be called gay for doing that same thing.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Only a girl could post this. A guy would be called gay for doing that same thing.

Yep.

Who cares about this crap.

(No offense to oliegirl. I know how sensitive to me you are. )

Last edited by Schmidty : 05-28-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Galaril
Pro Starter

Check the kids name:

Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

What no Moonbeam in there? God, what is wrong with some fucking people?

Last edited by Galaril : 05-28-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
Joe
Pro Starter

that name isnt half as bad as nic cage's kid's name.... Kal-el Coppola Cage
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
Joe
Pro Starter

dola

this picture needs an update now:

Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #8
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
i assume oliegirl wrote the last line of that story.

but it was much funnier thinking the AP wrote it...

Yeah, I was tired and forgot to put the story in quotes.

Quote:

Quote:
Yep.

Who cares about this crap.

Well, you were obviously interested enough to open up the thread...unless your lives are so dull and boring that posting in "gay" or "crap" threads just to make stupid asshole comments is the only way you have to entertain yourself on a Saturday night.

Last edited by oliegirl : 05-29-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Well, you were obviously interested enough to open up the thread...unless your lives are so dull and boring that posting in "gay" or "crap" threads just to make stupid asshole comments is the only way you have to entertain yourself on a Saturday night.

Did I say anything about "gay"? I did say it was crap though. My main point was in agreeing that only a chick would post it. But I wasn't trying to piss you off, hence the disclaimer at the bottom.

And I didn't post it on a boring saturday night, I posted it on a boring Sunday night while watching a chick-flick with my wife. Well, half watching anyway. Then I logged onto FOFC and the first thing I saw was a chick thread. I was so surrounded in estrogen, that I had to say something.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Did I say anything about "gay"? I did say it was crap though. My main point was in agreeing that only a chick would post it. But I wasn't trying to piss you off, hence the disclaimer at the bottom.

And I didn't post it on a boring saturday night, I posted it on a boring Sunday night while watching a chick-flick with my wife. Well, half watching anyway. Then I logged onto FOFC and the first thing I saw was a chick thread. I was so surrounded in estrogen, that I had to say something.

Oops - forgot it was Sunday, between staying at home and now it being summer, I have no idea what day it is! And I know you didn't say gay...I just get irritated when people make nasty and/or sarcastic comments in the "girl" threads when there is no lack of other "crap" threads on this board posted by the men. And I also know you go out of your way to give me shit, which is fine...just as long as you don't get mad when I give it back to you
Old 05-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
the "girl" threads

There are no "girl" threads here. All threads on the fofc are "guy" threads.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
JeffNights
College Prospect

I wonder what the process is for getting the kid to be an American Citizen...since technically it was born in Namibia..just a thought.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
Joe
Pro Starter

the child is an american citizen since both parents are american citizens. she will have dual citizenship until the age of 18
Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #14
Craptacular
College Starter

They should all just stay in Namibia and leave us alone.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote