Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
JimJam19
n00b

Who are your role models?

I was sitting in english class on friday and my professor, calls himself a "left over from the '60s" asked us "Who are your role models?" (excluding family and friends).......i was stumped......he told us how back in his day lots of kids looked up to the astronauts, and JFK, and people of those likes.....then when he asked my class, im 18 by the way, nobody had an answer.....i found it very interesteing......it hit me that i dont really think there are any role models in society......any how, he went on this big theory afterwards which would probably bore most, but i was just wondering, who are/were your role models?

JimJam19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
Easy Mac

Jeebus
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:31 PM   #3
McSweeny
College Starter

on a serious note, i look up to lots of people. Mostly people who can think for themselves and give back and help support the community. I know it may sound dumb to look up to a bunch of punk rockers, but i do.

I was at a show last night in south boston at the grace church. Like 70 kids showed up and paid 3 bucks to get in to see 5 bands. One of them was Dirty Water, Mark Lindh's new band. Mark used to be in the Ducky Boys who were huge in boston, playing to crowds of like 2000. Now he's playing in front of 60 kids and probably losing money on the deal. He's a great guy and very personable. I was talking with him during the show and he's asking me what i'm doing and how things are going and that kind of stuff. Sure he's not some hero or some super star, but he's a guy doing something he loves and not compromising. That's what it's all about.

A few other guys i look up to; Tim Armstrong of Rancid, Darius Koskie of the Swingin' Utters and Ken Casey of the Dropkick Murphys.

I don't think a guy has to be president or doing something incredibly amazing to be a role model.

End Rant
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:44 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think a guy has to be president or doing something incredibly amazing to be a role model

Nor do I.

I look up to my wife. The way she handles our kids, and keeps the house clean amazes me. I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

I also look up to her family, especially her dad.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

When I was a kid, I LOVED astronomy. SO naturall I looked up to astronaughts.

When I got older, my role models switched from them to more general science role models. Stephen Hawking sticks out. I read A Brief History of Time when I was 14 years old and have looked up to that guy ever since.

But as for current role models, I guess I don't really have any or I have too many to list. There are a ton of people I could list that I admire.

Last edited by sabotai : 02-02-2003 at 11:02 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:13 PM   #6
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I look up to those who have a firm grasp in their lives, financially, socially, and spiritually. I see these people everyday. They're my neighbors, my coworkers, my friends. Without them, I'd be lost in this crazy world we live in.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
bbor
Pro Starter

Bobby Orr......Nuff said

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote