Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Peyton Manning on Vanderjagt

Did anyone just hear Manning's comments about the kicker? Incredible...Mr. Mild Manners calls his own teammate an idiot 4 or 5 times...

BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

dola...

I think it's time to post the Indy kicking job on Monster.com...lol..I can't wait to hear the comments in the papers and all tomorrow
Old 02-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
astralhaze
College Prospect

No link?
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm sure there will be something soon....It was live on the Pro Bowl, I was just casually watching on ABC when I heard him say all of that...I'll keep my eyes open for something in print
Old 02-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
No link?

No link yet, this just occurred on the Pro-Bowl telecast about 10 mins ago.

It was hysterical in a way, about as blunt an assessment of a teammate as I've heard in any sport.

It began with a question about the comments V made, with the response starting at about "Our idiot kicker went out and got himself liquored up and said stupid stuff." It went downhill from there.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6165783
Old 02-02-2003, 06:29 PM   #7
mckerney
Coordinator

Am I the only one thinking ABC's broadcasters might have a bit of a deal with the site Moster.com giving them a little cash when mentioning it on the air. Micheals did the same thing during the Super Bowl.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:03 PM   #8
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

except for that vanderjagt is 110% right
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:05 PM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by IMetTrentGreen

yeah. If Petyon had only made that field goal against the Dolphins two years ago. He really cost them that game.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:10 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Vanderjagt and Manning are both good.

Both play crucial parts in the team.

One leads the other to his success (most of the time)..

Solution?

Make Vanderjagt sit in the tunnel until it's his time.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:12 PM   #11
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I think punters, kickers, and backup QB's should all have to come charging out of the bullpen when they take the field. The rest of the time they could put the bullpen somewhere in the stands so the crowd can toss pretzel pieces and beers at them.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #12
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Am I the only one thinking ABC's broadcasters might have a bit of a deal with the site Moster.com giving them a little cash when mentioning it on the air. Micheals did the same thing during the Super Bowl.

Michaels did an interview last fall on a local station promoting Madden's move to ABC and they asked him about how he spent his time. He talked about the fact that he got up every day at 4 a.m. on the west coast to start his day trading and that he constantly monitored the markets. Maybe he's a major stock holder. (insert hidden smilie here)

It also explained why he has gone downhill as an announcer. He needs to spend a little bit less time studying the NASDAQ and a little bit more time studying the NFL.

On Peyton's interview, that was freakin' hysterical. He had been fairly reserved in his comments about the situation thus far. My immediate thoughts:

1) Everybody on the AFC team kept telling him Vanderjagt was an idiot and liquored up, so Manning fed off it and went nuts

or

2) Manning himself got liquored up just before the interview.

Either way, it was pretty funny.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:15 PM   #13
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
I think punters, kickers, and backup QB's should all have to come charging out of the bullpen when they take the field. The rest of the time they could put the bullpen somewhere in the stands so the crowd can toss pretzel pieces and beers at them.

Who would waste a beer on a punter?
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #14
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by IMetTrentGreen

That's the funny thing about the whole situation. In my opinion he's right, but everyone I've heard critizing him has had nothing more to say than he's a kicker. Fouts even said during the game that Manning needs to show more emotion. Can anyone imagine how dumb that comment would have been if he hadn't been a quarterback, but a kicker instead?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:44 PM   #15
daedalus
Pro Rookie

The point, however, isn't whether Vandiewhatever is right or wrong (probably closer to right than not). Going on some TV show to disrespect your teammate - and one of the more important part of your team, no less - and your coach is 1) stupid and 2) IckyPooBadKarma[tm].
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:15 PM   #16
sabotai
General Manager

I hate when people say he can say anything just because he's a kicker. It'd be funny if V just sat out a game, then the Colts and their fans would see how hard it is to win without a good kicker.

The fact is he IS the kicker, and the most fired up player on the Colts offense. Maybe even the whole team. THAT, imo, says the most about this whole situation.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:13 AM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
I hate when people say he can say anything just because he's a kicker. It'd be funny if V just sat out a game, then the Colts and their fans would see how hard it is to win without a good kicker.

The fact is he IS the kicker, and the most fired up player on the Colts offense. Maybe even the whole team. THAT, imo, says the most about this whole situation.

The funny thing is how about a month ago, after the Giants' debacle, the same people were saying how IMPORTANT a kicker/holder/snapper is to a team. But now, he's JUST a kicker.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #18
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Logan
The funny thing is how about a month ago, after the Giants' debacle, the same people were saying how IMPORTANT a kicker/holder/snapper is to a team. But now, he's JUST a kicker.

Well thats true, but most who are saying this are former players. That is not the group to ask for an unbiased opinion.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:01 AM   #19
jamesUMD
High School JV

Manning made those comments because Vanderjagt's comments hit a little too close to home.