Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Franklinnoble
Banned

FOFD

Rather than continually crying about the moderation and lamenting another undeserved banning, I've decided to do something about it. Whether or not anything comes of it is up to the rest of you.

Front Office Football Discussion awaits you.

http://p098.ezboard.com/bfofd

Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Damn. I thought Jim had blindsided us and this was an announcement for Front Office Fire Department.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Front Office Fire Department. You won't actually see the fires, though.

LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Jumbo Sal-avea

Ladders: 61/68
Hoses: 27/41
Firetruck driving: 38/77
CPR: 7/11
Rescuing cats in trees: 0
Old 03-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
AlexB
Pro Starter

Code:
Rules will be evaluated as necessary. I intend to be as up front as possible with everyone. If you've broken a rule that I haven't published, you'll get a warning before there's any suspension

That's a can of worms right there - it reads as if you can change the rules and then retrospectively punish people for previously breaking a new rule -kinda like the NFL banning/suspending a player at the start of this season for a horse collar tackle committed 5 years ago..

Last edited by AlexB : 03-01-2006 at 03:52 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
aran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Damn. I thought Jim had blindsided us and this was an announcement for Front Office Fire Department.

*falls off chair*
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
aran
High School Varsity

dola -

Ezboard? Screw that.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
Code:
Rules will be evaluated as necessary. I intend to be as up front as possible with everyone. If you've broken a rule that I haven't published, you'll get a warning before there's any suspension

That's a can of worms right there - it reads as if you can change the rules and then retrospectively punish people for previously breaking a new rule -kinda like the NFL banning/suspending a player at the start of this season for a horse collar tackle committed 5 years ago..

Exactly. While I disagree with several of Ben's recent decisions (and his use of slurs), based on your past posts in the last year, I still think Ben is more likely to be consistent.

Edited only to clarify the use of your as referring to FranklinNoble.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

I'll guess my fire house rules will have to wait yet again.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #10
AlexB
Pro Starter

I should add fair play to you though for doing something positive about something you don't like - rather than bitch and whine, you've started up something that you will be happier with: kudos to you.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jumbo Sal-avea

Ladders: 61/68
Hoses: 27/41
Firetruck driving: 38/77
CPR: 7/11
Rescuing cats in trees: 0

I'm very disappointed with his lack of ability to rescue cats and will be releasing him ASAP.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
SackAttack
Head Coach

What did treed cats do before firemen? I mean, really.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm very disappointed with his lack of ability to rescue cats and will be releasing him ASAP.

If you bring in a mentor and give him some at bats in a Thursday night softball league you'll see a real jump in that number.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Code:

I have no intent to enforce the rules retroactively. I'm not sure why that's the impression.

That particular statement is to cover anything I left out - say, for example, I didn't remember to post a rule about posting FOF license keys on the board.

Now, in my opinion, that should be pretty obvious, and I don't feel like brainstorming for every imaginable infraction. But if someone does post license keys, then, based on the above statement, I'd warn them in writing, write the rule, and then enforce against future infractions only.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Odds on this thread lasting 48 Hours: 10/1
Old 03-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. No personal attacks. Disagree, argue, call names, but keep it reasonably civil - i.e., no racial slurs, that sort of thing.
Check
Quote:
2. No repeated baiting or harassing. This is basically my definition of trolling. If it appears that you are constantly trying to rile or annoy a particular person (or the board in general), you will be warned. Repeat offenders get suspended.
Check
Quote:
3. I don't intend to permanently ban anyone. Breaking the rules will get you a public and PM warning. After that, it's a suspension. Note that ezboard only allows me to "ban" users. I have to remember to un-ban manually - so, if I forget, don't take offense, just send me a note and I'll clear it up.
Check
Quote:
4. No crying. If you don't like what someone has to say, ignore them. We all have different opinions. You can read them, debate them, or ignore them, but I don't intend to silence them.
Check
Quote:
5. Keep it work-safe. No direct links to questionable sites, no NSFW photos, etc. Use common sense.
Check
Quote:
6. Rules will be evaluated as necessary. I intend to be as up front as possible with everyone. If you've broken a rule that I haven't published, you'll get a warning before there's any suspension, so that there is time to publish the rule, and there is no doubt whether or not the behavior warrented action.
Check

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but did Franklin just come up with these rules based on things he did that got him boxed here? Pot calling kettle, come in kettle.

Which means the only difference between this new spiffy EZBoard -- there are two things wrong with that title by the way -- and FOFC is that one is moderated by a power-hungry egocentric bent on making everyone bend to his viewpoint on life and society, and one is moderated by SkyDog.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #18
Anthony
Banned

i don't have a prob w/ FN, but if i were mod of this place, given all the mod bashing FN has done i'd delete this thread, ya know, just to fuck with him.

LOL.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Coming soon: Front Office Kodos Central -- All polls, all the time!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
MJ4H
Coordinator

hahaha no tx
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
Desnudo
Coordinator

Should FN's title be changed to Che Guevara? I also smell a business opportunity here. Take FOFC into the digital era with a variety of themed message boards.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #22
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Is there a section where we can discuss your wife's e-mails?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #23
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but did Franklin just come up with these rules based on things he did that got him boxed here? Pot calling kettle, come in kettle.

Which means the only difference between this new spiffy EZBoard -- there are two things wrong with that title by the way -- and FOFC is that one is moderated by a power-hungry egocentric bent on making everyone bend to his viewpoint on life and society, and one is moderated by SkyDog.

I've noticed an unhealthy level of disdain coming from your direction every time I post. What, exactly, did I ever do to piss you off? Just wondering... I don't recall going out of my way to offend you at any point, so is it something specific, or do you just generally not like me? Or are you THAT in love with SkyDog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

i don't have a prob w/ FN, but if i were mod of this place, given all the mod bashing FN has done i'd delete this thread, ya know, just to fuck with him.

LOL

Would it be better to keep on mod-bashing, or maybe put a little time and money where my mouth is?

I think things could be a little better around here. But they're not going to change. So, I'm offering an alternative.

Yes, it's a crappy little ezBoard right now. I'm not going to invest hundreds of dollars in this effort if there's no interest. But if there is, then I'll entertain the notion of better hosting and better board software.

Right now, I'm offering an ad-free experience, and a fresh moderating perspective, because I think that might be of interest to some folks around here, and some who aren't welcome here anymore.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #24
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Code:

Didnt baseball do this? Suspend a player for a drug test he failed in 02 due to new rules in 05/06? Im quite certain they did
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #25
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FN, I applaud you for trying to do something positive instead of crying. That being said, I don't think FOFD will last long.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #26
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Should FN's title be changed to Che Guevara? I also smell a business opportunity here. Take FOFC into the digital era with a variety of themed message boards.

LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #27
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I am a member of FOFD! I don't know if I will stay long, though. There aren't any antmeister parodies....
Old 03-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #28
st.cronin
General Manager

FN, have you posted a link to FOFADD in the MaxiFoot forum? I think you could pull some traffic from that board.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #29
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Didnt baseball do this? Suspend a player for a drug test he failed in 02 due to new rules in 05/06? Im quite certain they did

Not entirely.

What it boils down to is that there wasn't any crossover between minor league drug tests and major league drug tests.

A kid in the Seattle system got hit with a suspension in the minors for testing positive for steroids, did his time, rejoined the team.

Got called up, and the steroids hadn't vacated his system yet.

He tested positive at the major league level for the same usage, and was hit with a second suspension.

It isn't that he was penalized ex post facto, it's that he was hit with double jeopardy for the same rules violation because of the timing of the test.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, I gotta admit, that got a snicker out of me

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FN, I applaud you for trying to do something positive instead of crying. That being said, I don't think FOFD will last long.
FN, it's a great idea. While I don't have the huge problems with moderation here, I appreciate the attempt to, as RA said, "do something positive instead of crying". I do think it would be impossible to recreate the atmosphere over here at another board, but one never knows.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #32
Franklinnoble
Banned

The atmosphere here is one that took several years to build. I certainly have no delusions about being able to re-create it overnight.

I'd like to have more folks contribute to the overall design and moderation of the board. If you're interested, or you just want to point and laugh, you'll find the thread here: http://p098.ezboard.com/ffofdfrm2.sh...opicID=6.topic
Old 03-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #33
Anthony
Banned

question - if you're forum/message board is more of a everything goes environment then did you really need to have the "Front Office" moniker in it? there's nothing Front Office about your forum, i doubt people outside of FOFC would know why it's called FOFD. at least FOFC has a reason, however outdated it might be, for being called Front Office Football Central. the sky was the limit for you FN. you could have called your forum "Back Office Football Forum", at least your short name would have been "BOFF". that woulda been awesome.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:13 AM   #34
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
question - if you're forum/message board is more of a everything goes environment then did you really need to have the "Front Office" moniker in it? there's nothing Front Office about your forum, i doubt people outside of FOFC would know why it's called FOFD. at least FOFC has a reason, however outdated it might be, for being called Front Office Football Central. the sky was the limit for you FN. you could have called your forum "Back Office Football Forum", at least your short name would have been "BOFF". that woulda been awesome.

Yeah, I thought about that. But, realistically, the effort here is to attract the same type of people (football and gaming geeks) to a more open and consistently moderated forum. I figured the name "FOFD" was sort of an homage... like, the next generation of FOFC.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #35
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I figured the name "FOFD" was sort of an homage... like, the next generation of FOFC.

Yeah, I thought that the FOFD as a play on FOFC was pretty clever...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #36
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
you could have called your forum "Back Office Football Forum", at least your short name would have been "BOFF". that woulda been awesome.

Given his love for the ladies man's quotes, wouldn't 'Back Door Football Forum' been more approriate, or do you think thatda killed it before it got started?
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #37
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Coming soon: Front Office Kodos Central -- All polls, all the time!

Where do I sign up?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #38
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

This should be in the reference thread.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
IwasHere
Banned

Everyone posting in this thread is now Banned.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #40
saldana
Pro Starter

can we get a pool going about how fast someone can get banned at FOFD if they try?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #41
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Pretty funny. That forum has some real comedic potential.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #42
IwasHere
Banned

Does anyone have any interest in starting up a XXX rated FOFE board?

One where pictures and adult links are encouraged?

For the over 18 FOF'er out there.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #43
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I can only guess that banning is a requirement to join that board? is that what you are going for, IwasHere?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #44
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasHere

No interest in seeing Franklin naked.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #45
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasHere

Ping: Sir Fozzie
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #46
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Pretty funny. That forum has some real comedic potential.
It's pretty tame thus far, but you think with FN, WrongWay and Druez together there is unexplored potential for comedy.

I do see that Franklin was kind enough to offer any multiplayer leagues free space on his EZBoard. It's a dream come true!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #47
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
It's pretty tame thus far, but you think with FN, WrongWay and Druez together there is unexplored potential for comedy.

I do see that Franklin was kind enough to offer any multiplayer leagues free space on his EZBoard. It's a dream come true!

Kind of like an FOFC Purgatory board. That would be pretty funny. Where the banned may go and dwell...
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #48
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
Kind of like an FOFC Purgatory board. That would be pretty funny. Where the banned may go and dwell...

Some good stuff already.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #49
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Some good stuff already.

The question is.... will the banned be able to atone for their actions and come back to the promise land that is FOFC
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #50
Desnudo
Coordinator

From reading his post, I think Druez is just preparing to move to the next level of Hell.