Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2003, 08:41 AM   #1
Easy Mac

Question Does LeBron James have a level head?

I was just listening to Mike and Mike in the morning (not much to do), and Gottfried said it seems James has a level head on his shoulder... has he heard the kid talk or seen him? If you refer to yourself in the third person, have all your jerseys you wear out say King James, refer to yourself as King James often, I would have to say your head isn't level. I don't blame him too much, as if I could make that $$ I don't know how I'd act... but the kid having a level head? I hope he doesn't bust, b/c this kid has so much hype that if he fails there is no way he doesn't kill himself. And yeah, he'll probably be pretty decent in the NBA. And somebody get rid of his mother, she's going to ruin him.

I seriously doubt they think Rickey Henderson has a level head.

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I the interviews I've heard he's been well schooled in dealing with the press. He's consistently talked about team and winning.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
Easy Mac

linky

Here is a link about his accident, didn't hear about it till after the topic. Isn't leaving the scene of an accident a crime? And how did rolling back at a light smash her hood and radiator, are hummers really that powerful? How fast was the kid rolling backwards.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:02 AM   #4
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I've heard many a retired NBA star say that this kid is being handled badly and there may be a lot of trouble in the future for it. We shall see what happens.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:56 AM   #5
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
Isn't leaving the scene of an accident a crime? And how did rolling back at a light smash her hood and radiator, are hummers really that powerful? How fast was the kid rolling backwards.

No leaving the scene of an acicent isn't a crime if you exchange information before leaving. Every finder bender doesn't need a policeman to come check it out. Often you can work out the details and go on you marry way.

An Hummers are big heavy beasts. They are designed for military use and they will easily damage a car by rolling back into it.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:22 AM   #6
Craptacular
College Starter

Lebron's an a-hole for even driving one of those things.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #7
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

SUV's are evil, and Hummer's are the worst of the bunch.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #8
bbor
Pro Starter

Iverson had a pretty level head when he came into the NBA too eh?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:38 AM   #9
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
Level Head? This kid is the furthist thing from level headed Ive ever heard of. First of all he cant wait 6 months before he buys a fully loaded Hummer just so he can impress all the little high school girls. Pathetic. Then I heard he started saying he was upset about Lucas being fired from the Cavs because he was developing a relationship with him, and now he won't play for them if they draft him? Huh????? First of all the Cavs are by no means shoe-ins for the first pick, and second of all who the hell is he to first of all state his opinions on front office moves. Sorry Lebron but you are too dumb and too in debt to go to college so you have to go to the team that drafts you, or go over seas. I hope his carrer tanks and hes out of the league in 5 years.

i don't know about you, but if i was 17 and was about to get tons of money i'd go out and buy a kick ass car too, can't fault the kid there. And why can't he be uspset when Lucas was fired? Like you said, he was developing a relationship with the guy. And LeBron's opinion on Front Office moves is just as good as any of ours, and we're always getting all over teams for dumb(or not so dumb) stuff.

Seems like he's just being a typical 17 year old kid to me.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:55 AM   #10
Iceberg
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah im wih McSweeney on this one. Had Lebron voiced his opinions to the public i would feel differently but the whole lucas thing was only revealed by someone else. Saying he wouldnt play for them is a little far but since it didnt come straight from his mouth id leave the kid alone about it.
Iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #11
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fidatelo
SUV's are evil, and Hummer's are the worst of the bunch.

SUV's are evil?
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #12
Iceberg
H.S. Freshman Team

dola- im more concerned about his jump shot or lack there of than his head. Tons of NBA stars have inflated egos but most of them can shoot too. I predict he becomes the second coming of darius miles
Iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #13
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SplitPersonality1
SUV's are evil?

Yes. Sorry.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:34 PM   #14
bbor
Pro Starter

I bet he's getting a lot of those OTHER kinds of hummers..too

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #15
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
I bet he's getting a lot of those OTHER kinds of hummers..too

one headline i saw somewhere said "Lebron James' mother gives him a hummer" or something similar
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:58 PM   #16
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SplitPersonality1
SUV's are evil?

I won't say all SUVs are evil, but Hummers and their kind are ridiculous dangers and wastes of money and resources.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #17
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm a bit torn:

part of me feels bad that this kid's life is just going to be a mess.
part of me feels glad that this jack ass is going to end up in prison someday.

I'm not sure which part wins today.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
part of me feels glad that this jack ass is going to end up in prison someday.

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that a 17 yr old kid is a jackass. Oh course he's not perfect and bound to the same mistakes all kids make. Try living under the microscope and let's see if you never ever do anything or say anything dumb before you even turn 21.

I know the money brings all the attention but geez hatred at this point I don't get.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:26 PM   #19
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by rkmsuf
I know the money brings all the attention but geez hatred at this point I don't get.

Jealously is an ugly thing.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:34 PM   #20
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny

one headline i saw somewhere said "Lebron James' mother gives him a hummer" or something similar

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 01:39 PM   #21
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by stkelly52
An Hummers are big heavy beasts. They are designed for military use and they will easily damage a car by rolling back into it.

The Hummers sold commercially as SUV's in the US only resemble the Army's in a very vague similarity of external shape. The commercial one is very heavy, while the military version is made to be as light as possible. Also, rumor has it the commercial one makes some concessions for comfort. Not so the Army version.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:46 PM   #22
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny

I wish his mom would give me a hummer...uhh...errrr...

Old 01-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #23
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by stkelly52

An Hummers are big heavy beasts. .

Dola

How come whenever i read this i see

"An Hummers are big heavy BREASTS"

Old 01-28-2003, 01:49 PM   #24
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Mustang cares about LeBron James about as much as LeBron James cares about Mustang . . .

titi...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:04 PM   #25
sabotai
General Manager

"one headline i saw somewhere said "Lebron James' mother gives him a hummer" or something similar"

I saw a headline similar to that. Laughed my ass off.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:49 PM   #26
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
NEWS FLASH: He doesn't have tons of money, he got the car based on future earnings. Second of all if you don't have problems with 17 year old kids crying about moves made by a multi million dollar franchise when there not even in the league yet and then playing the spoiled brat by saying he won't go there if drafted by them you have a lot of tolerance for spoiled athletes and I must give you props for that because I am sick and tired of it.

Dude, he's going to be the #1 pick. Get over it.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #27
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, Dude, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way, and if I want to say something about it I will, so piss off.

Wonderful, that's quite an example for our youth.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #28
rkmsuf
Head Coach

So your opinion is the only one that's allowed and when someone dares to disagree you freak out and tell me to "piss off". Sounds like a spolied, pampered poster if you asked me.

You can be sick and tired of spoiled atheletes all you want; it's ok. I just happen to want to cut the kid some slack since I really can't identify with being a teenager and faced with oh 25 million dollars.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:54 PM   #29
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

This whole Lebron James situation seems to be sort of a microcosm of a big part of what's wrong with sports nowadays. Young "Kids" being given everything with a silver spoon in their mouth without ever having to actually prove anything on the professional level. What happened to the days of old when rookies didn't make squat and you had to earn your money over time? The whole purchase of a vehicle like this at this point is just a sign of arrogance in my opinion, but I really don't blame young Mr. James much for this.. Keep in mind he's not even 18 yet and is just as young and naive as I'm sure many of us were.. No the problem lies with his mother and any of the other family members, close friends, & members of this close circle he keeps around him. There is no one there to give him a rational, responsible opinion it seems.. Or to sit him down when he gets out of line and give him a good ass ripping.

Now this may not hurt him much now, but sometime down the road I'm sure he may regret some of the decisions made as a young boy.

The lucky thing for him is he'll be a millionaire in just a matter of a few months. I wish we all were so lucky. Let's hope he doesn't waste his good fortune and has the sense to get himself a responsible person/people to handle his personal issues after he's drafted and paid.

Last edited by MylesKnight : 01-28-2003 at 03:55 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #30
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I guess I just don't get the whole "type" thing. To me they are all the same and the only thing separating say Jeter from James is that Jeter has a. friends in the press and b. has been smart enough to aviod the negative press. Overall there's not much difference. I'm sure Jeter has a Bentley. It's all image regardless of reality.

Everyone loves Yao Ming right now but hey he's exploiting the system to make bucks with his commericials, right?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:10 PM   #31
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Good points rkmsuf, and I do agree with what you are saying. Hey, just look around the major college campuses and take a peek at what the star athletes are driving around for the most part as well.

It's the same "Earnings Potential" issue that more than likely got young Mr. James his Hummer (Still laughing about the whole Mom gave him a Hummer thing). No one really comments much about that though.

This kid just needs to grow and learn and mature. Not really much more to it than that. But he is going to be in the spotlight from now on and he needs to realize that. In the short time he has been he's already gotten this ride, which jepordized his team and their shot a National Championship (currently ranked #1 in America), voiced his opinion about the Cleveland Cavaliers after former coach John Lucas was fired and now has treated his fender bender with a woman whose car he disabled as if it was no thing at all and didn't even give the woman the courtesy of his telephone number or to make sure she and her car were okay and that her car was driveable.

Sounds like a kid who could use a strong parental figure to me.