Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which QB will be more likely to succeed?
David Carr with Reggie Bush 30 44.12%
Joey Harrington with Mike Martz 29 42.65%
Obligatory trout option 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Which QB will be more likely to succeed?

According to the poll on ESPN.com, football fans who live in Michigan are the only people who have it right. That's the only state that thinks Joey Harrington will do better with Mike Martz over David Carr with Reggie Bush. The poll is overwhelmingly for Carr/Bush over Harrington/Martz.

Again, the Texans' line is the problem. Also, Detroit was 5-11, and Houston was 2-14 this year. Neither did well in their division, but Houston has a tougher division with Indy and Jacksonville.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
IwasHere
Banned

I still want to know if Dave Ragone will ever get a shot at the starting job?

Ragone went over to Europe last year and broke every Passing record for NFL Europe.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I voted for Harrington/Martz. Harrington has been in a dreadfully awful system for the last two years. I think Martz will install an offense that is going to play to his strengths, finally. Not saying he'll be a Pro Bowler, but he should become a decent QB.

Not to mention, the pieces surrounding Harrington should be better than Carr's surrounding cast. Bush will be awesome, no doubt, but until Carr gets a little blocking, he won't do anything.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
clintl
College Starter

I think they both will improve, but Carr has been the better QB so far even without the supporting cast that Harrington has.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintl
I think they both will improve, but Carr has been the better QB so far even without the supporting cast that Harrington has.

I won't dispute this, but in Harrington's defense, Mariucci was basically trying to throw him under the bus the entire time he was coaching the Lions. That didn't help.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I think Harrington is Martz's kind of QB. Remember, Martz doen't give a damn how many interceptions a QB throws!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasHere
I still want to know if Dave Ragone will ever get a shot at the starting job?

Ragone went over to Europe last year and broke every Passing record for NFL Europe.
But Kurt Kittner won the World Bowl with the best NFL Europe running back tandem ever in Jarett Payton and Jonathan Smith.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
I won't dispute this, but in Harrington's defense, Mariucci was basically trying to throw him under the bus the entire time he was coaching the Lions. That didn't help.

Carr was also the better college QB, no? I see no reason to think that Harrington will ever be on the same level as Carr.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Man, I think I've heard the phrase "thrown under the bus" more times within the past six months than I've heard it the past decade.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
kentontrace
n00b

I dont think either really has much chance to every succeed with their current teams. Carr will always be scared for his life - seeing as how he's on pace to become the most saked QB in NFL history - and Joey hasnt had anyone to learn from to become good. Plus the lions recievers need to learn to stay out of trouble.
kentontrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
Desnudo
Coordinator

Had anyone heard of Bulger or Warner before they came good? For all of Martz' flaws, he's an excellent offensive mind. All the ingredients are there in Detroit: Turf, potentially awesome WR corp, good running back.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote